Agreed on the 'already showcased creatures only' part.Agreed, though IMO - if I may add something - they should take a monster we already saw in the previous videos.Probably has been mentioned already (if so count this as another vote), but a commentated walkthrough (preferably by Peter Gelencser) of a monster hunting assignment from the very beginning to the end would be nice. I'd imagine it to play out like this:
1) Getting the assignment, either by talking to people or by bulletin board notice and how it shows up and is detailed in the journal.
2) Figuring out what creature Geralt's about to face and where it is located, by talking to people again, and/or by figuring it out through PROPER investigation (via Witcher Senses) of the surroundings, meaning WITHOUT exclamation marks on the mini map, blatant UI hints spoiling the type of creature in advance or any highlighting of climbable ledges and the likes, and again showing the progress in the journal as the mystery about the creature is revealed.
3) Preparing for the confrontation, by first checking the appropriate journal entries for the weaknesses of the now identified creature, entering the meditation UI and then brewing potions, crafting bombs or preparing oils accordingly. Drinking of potions, equipping of bombs, applying of oils, and off to the face-off.
4) Cut to the moment the beast is already slain, and Geralt looting the cadaver for ingredients, special ingredients and the trophy.
5) Cut to the moment the trophy is handed in, Geralt receiving the payment for it and thus completing the assignment.
I am 100% sure that the material was cut and that what we saw in the gameplay videos was just the short version.
If we would be able to see the WHOLE monster hunt, with beginning, investigations, research up until the end while showing mechanics in detail such as the skill tree, crafting, alchemy, and combat we could have a good overview of the mechanics, a better picture of how monster hunting works, a reinsurance that what we saw so far was cut short due to demo purposes and we would not have any additional spoilers due to the fact that they take a monster we already know.
For all I care, they also could just splice together the uncut segments from different 'monster hunting sessions'. An extended 'figuring out' segment from a Werewolf hunt (standalone this time and not as part of the 'Ladies of the Wood' quest chain, if that's possible), an extended 'preparation' segment from the Griffin hunt (including the crafting of special bolts for the crossbow, if that's possible) and so on. As long as every aspect of the whole procedure, from receiving the assignment to completing the assignment is showcased and demonstrated exhaustively I'm taking what I get.