What Does CDPR Think of Extra Ability Slots for NG+?

+
What Does CDPR Think of Extra Ability Slots for NG+?

This is a good illustration of what I'm talking about (likely photoshop; not my picture):

Obviously, this would only be needed for NG+ in order to accommodate the level cap of 70. As it stands, we start NG+ with the same number of slots from the vanilla playthrough, and we keep switching back and forth between abilities all the way through level 70. I think it would only make sense if we had at least one more tree to go along with NG+, with the extra ability slots unlocking gradually as we make our way up to 70.

What say you, awesome developers? Would this be feasible? :)

I would advise against it.

Then we'll have a whole new problem of being overpowered. The point of being high level is being able to cherry pick better skills with more requirements, not being able to equip more skills.

And that's how it should be.

I would advise against it.

Then we'll have a whole new problem of being overpowered. The point of being high level is being able to cherry pick better skills with more requirements, not being able to equip more skills.

And that's how it should be.
That's how it should be in the vanilla game. Not when you have twice the number of skill points a la NG+.

I#d not be against it. With just 1 tree mor,e you#d not be stil lable to have every skill.

But I'd be only for that, if CDPR couples this change together weith a big complete Skill Redesign together with a split between Abilities and new Talents, so that Geralt has only to equip active Abilities into these Slots, but passive Talents should be something, that Geralt should learn automatically over the course of Level 1 to Level 70, regardless if now Normal Game or New Game Plus.

Example:

Active Ability that needs to get Slotted = A specific IGNI Abilities to improve IGNI
Passive Talent that shouldn#t need to be slotted, but simply automaticalyl be learned by Geralt as part of his general Character Progression: The Witcher School Techniques. All those neutral things.
Merge them, so that there are only 7 Neutral talents and make simply Geralt learn automatically one of them every 10 Levels

like this:

Level 1 = Starts with it = Talent to generate Health at Daytime and Adrenalien at Nighttime
Level 10 = Gain Talent of Griffin School Technique Mastery
Level 20 = Gain Talent of Cat School Technique Mastery
Level 30 = Gain Talent of Bear School Technique Mastery
Level 40 = Gain Talent of Viper School Technique Mastery
Level 50 = Gain Talent of Wolf School Technique Mastery
Level 60 = Gain Talent of Enhanced Sign Mastery
Level 70 = Gain talent of Enhanced Alchemy Mastery
Level 80 (Add On 1) = Gain Talent of Enhanced Combat Mastery
Level 90 (Add On 2) = Gain Talent of Enhanced Meditations
Level 100 (Add On 3) ect. pp that way would have CDPR an extendable Character Progression System, that slowly grows with more Add Ons

Active Abilities that require of the player to use Abilitiy Points from places of Power or from Level Ups, these Points should be used only for active Abilities, which directly influence the Skills of Geralt that you can use in Combat to improve them or to add new Skilsl to Geralts repertoire on Skills, so that he doesn#t use constantly always only the same moves and the same few signs with alwas the same effects only, but learns (also with help of Masters that teach Geralt) new things.

My brest example is for that system for once bringign Triss to the point, where she teaches you how to improve your IGNI, while Yennefer can teach you how to improve your AARD, whilke Keira could teach you how to improve your QUEN, Phillipa could teach you how to improve your AXII and Fringilla or an other sorceress could teach you how to improve your YRDEN.
The signs are from all abilities the most easiest one for sucha kind of Master/Pupil system and we already have it similar in the game for Alchemy, as Geralt becomes in the Game practically gremists pupil to learn from him how to improve his Alchemy Abilities...

Add to that some kind of legendary Sword Masters (other famous witchers) or so that could work for, like for example bringign back Berengar into TW3, her could work as one of the sword masters that could teach geralt one or two things about how he could improve his sword skills, one other being Vesemir.

I think CDPR missed a huge opportunity by not addign some kinmd of mastery system to the game, it would be a great addition for the whole game and would also dd alot of immersion to the game more, than Geralt becoming suddenly ove tiem simply stronger and stronge,r without that anyone has teached him something, without that he tried to practice somethign to learn something new ect. pp

Top Bottom