What does stats does OUTSIDE OF COMBATS ?

+
The game is only a few hours before release, yet nowhere was I able to find exactly what stats does outside of their basic "how to nuke people" (including hacking and stealth) thingy.
And I'm talking about real sourced knowledge, not just assumptions at this point, to avoid having to go past the beginning of the game and character creation again and again.

So if anyone have real informations on that topic, I would be thankful.

I've been playing for a few hours and stats are majority combat oriented. Crafting could be out of combat but it's all crafting weapons, armor, or increasing the stats of those items. There's nothing for dialogue unless it's tied to having a prerequisite (ie speaking about a piece of tech because you have higher intelligence), driving skills, exploration, etc

Extra dialog options.

For example, but what exactly?
I don't want to leave things to guess which stat does what, like intimidation being either BODY (Big is intimidating) or COOL (like in the tabletop RPG, because cool is also how "together" you are) or REFLEX (Because intimidating is only fast drawing your gun under someone jaw).

Opening doors in the case of body.

Saw that one too.
Post automatically merged:

There's nothing for dialogue unless it's tied to having a prerequisite (ie speaking about a piece of tech because you have higher intelligence), driving skills, exploration, etc

Yes, but are we informed about what stat affect what in the tooltips clearly enough, or do we have to guess and possibly waste stats that we will not use in your playstyle trying to guess which stat does what?

Guest 4211861

Dantics showed footage of Reflexes giving an extra dialogue option, marked with a Reflexes icon.
Same for Cool.
He also said tech appears in dialogues, giving extra options.

For example, but what exactly?
I don't want to leave things to guess which stat does what, like intimidation being either BODY (Big is intimidating) or COOL (like in the tabletop RPG, because cool is also how "together" you are) or REFLEX (Because intimidating is only fast drawing your gun under someone jaw).

Saw that one too.

Yes, but are we informed about what stat affect what in the tooltips clearly enough, or do we have to guess and possibly waste stats that we will not use in your playstyle trying to guess which stat does what?
You don't get to see the perk lists for each attribute when you're initially setting up your character. You can add attribute points and perk points when you level up. So I didn't really find it to be a problem. If you're too worried, I'm sure a perk chart will be available shortly if it isn't already

Dantics showed footage of Reflexes giving an extra dialogue option, marked with a Reflexes icon.

For?

Same for Cool.
He also said tech appears in dialogues, giving extra options.

Actually, I know stats are used in dialogues, but not what kind of "special actions" each are associated with, that's the problem.

You don't get to see the perk lists for each attribute when you're initially setting up your character. You can add attribute points and perk points when you level up. So I didn't really find it to be a problem. If you're too worried, I'm sure a perk chart will be available shortly if it isn't already

Well, considering that unlike perks stats are definitively lost, it is a problem (to me at least).

I don't really see the point in putting your stat point somewhere without knowing what it affects, and as I don't care about the action part of the game (an that toolstips seems to speak only about that...), I'm kind of lost here.

Apart from a couple of dialogue options (like Reflexes letting you hit someone quick mid conversation and such) they don't seem to do much outside of combat.

This is basically a shooter with dialogue, not so much a "RPG" that people were expecting.
It's like the new Fallout games. Stats are all about the combat, hacking, etc.

Maybe they do stuff further on in game?

Yes, but it would be normal to know what it does beforehand, or else there is no point in choosing without knowing.

Apart from a couple of dialogue options (like Reflexes letting you hit someone quick mid conversation and such) they don't seem to do much outside of combat.

Then let us know what.

You can bypass doors, with tech to get around enemies and also to hidden loot, same with intelligence and hacking.

There are dialog options that open up, intelligence opens ones that seem to be along the lines of noticing if someone is after something, or knowing more than they are saying ......tech you can tell jackie he needs to do x,y,z to a vehicle.

You can only highjack certain cars with high strength, or tech or combo of both.

About all I have seen so far.

Dialog options. You'll need 4-5+ in the stat for them to be relevant early on.

Technical, and Body builds having different access routes. Some doors can be forced open. Others can be rigged open. Everyone else has to either Solo the front door or Stealth through the back.

Going Netrunner can snag you extra credits at various computer/network consoles. There's also a car hack you can pick up that lets you jack rides.

Technical skills allow you to craft weapons and armor and break down random weapons more effectively. I believe you can also break down junk for parts rather than sell them off for cash. I can't really say whether they're better or worse than the ones you can pick up at random, but if you need a sniper rifle in a jiffy, it's an option.

Top Bottom