What does the community think of the idea of having a monthly fee version of Gwent?

+

What does the community think of the idea of having a monthly fee version of Gwent?

• Yes, its a great idea to have a monthly fee version of Gwent, as well as the free2play version

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No, its a terrible idea stick to the current micro transactions version only

Votes: 51 92.7%

• Total voters
I don't care for subscriptions either. I would rather have a game that I pay full price for up-front, and have to earn all of the kegs, scrap, etc. through actual gameplay (no option to purchase), or use the present system. "Buying packs of cards" to expand a deck is as old as CCGs. The present system for most online CCGs is even more for your money since you can mill / disenchant cards for materials that will let build exactly what you want. No purchasing or trading of anything required.

A subscription system would guarantee a certain level of income (at least temporarily) which I feel breeds a certain level of complacency -- and that's never healthy for a creative venture. Plus, it also means that the floor can be pulled out from under a project really quickly if a whole bunch of players suddenly cancel subscriptions, resulting in plans needing to be scrapped or altered midway through.

Philologus;n10432602 said:
Wow.. from this perspective, everything is okay. I think you're right: the evolution of Gwent should continue to suit children and those with shorter attention spans, who like shiny objects.

Since playing Gwent, my intellectual capacity has halved, and my attention deficit has increased..

wait.. what was I doing? Oh yea..

Thank you, sir. Thank you for letting me see the positive aspects of Gwent!

Now, let me see if I can remember the way to the bathroom, in my 50 square foot apartment.

edited to add: By the way, I am not paying your post micro-transaction bill. It's $0.50 per post. There is also extra charge for taking too long to write the post, so please try to write as if you are on Twitter. Short posts that are superficial.

Now.. where am I, again? What day is it?

50 cents per post? surely you realise that is their starting fee, to get you hooked... once you are, you'll be charged per character... and believe me when that happens you will wish it was capped at 50 cents a post

The free to play model tends to make more money than the buy to play model. Combing the two business models, you will get something like EA with their star wars game.

Jezaboom2;n10441632 said:
50 cents per post? surely you realise that is their starting fee, to get you hooked... once you are, you'll be charged per character... and believe me when that happens you will wish it was capped at 50 cents a post

IF that is only the starter fee per word, then I won't be able to post after the initial trial subscription runs out, and I have to pay per character.

On my goodness.. I just received an inbox message from CDPR saying that I am out of the trial and into regular subscription. (This post cost me $20 so far)

What the hell is going on? (Another $5)

Philologus;n10443772 said:
IF that is only the starter fee per word, then I won't be able to post after the initial trial subscription runs out, and I have to pay per character.

On my goodness.. I just received an inbox message from CDPR saying that I am out of the trial and into regular subscription. (This post cost me $20 so far)

What the hell is going on? (Another $5)

Considering the game is so unbalanced, whereby its more fun to post than to play, the pay2post model may very well become CDPR's dominant revenue stream!

Top Bottom