What does the word "Thronebreaker" mean?

+
Thronebreaker... breaking the throne. Probably a reference to usurping the throne from a reagent or otherwise taking down the regime.

To CDPR: Money.

To players: Disappointment.

To English: It's not a word. But can be interpreted by the two words it can be split into: Throne; Break. To break the throne. Or to have broken the throne-- See the Kingslayer himself, Letho.

I find it interesting, because both in polish (I think I got it right) and russian (my native language) they call it "The Blood Feud".

I find it interesting, because both in polish (I think I got it right) and russian (my native language) they call it "The Blood Feud".

Which also basically boils down to royal lineage shenanigans. But yeah, good catch. I wonder why the name was changed in those countries.

I've heard this before. It's an interesting difference, indeed.

I'd guess the English title is meant to emphasise the disruption of royal power, on the throne, rather than familial matters. Or, perhaps the REDs simply didn't want to cause confusion with Blood and Wine, in English, or suggest vampires with the use of 'blood' in the title.

Who knows. . . . I'll see if I can find anything more on this.

So, the Thronebreaker... is it about who? About which character?
An interesting question. I see a few possibilities: Ardal aep Dahy, Caldwell, Villem, and Meve (but only because she is the main character).
I doubt it's Villem or Meve, though, despite the Polish title.

(Maybe it's Knickers. Could be he literally breaks a throne by chewing on one of its legs or something, after the story concludes.)

Nilfgaard themselves... they are the ones trying to topple all Northern rulers to replace them with either their puppets or direct occupation. Cool name still. ^-^

This is far-fetched, but maybe CDPR decided to change the name because of Cyberpunk?
V for Vendetta was a dystopian comic series.
Vendetta means blood feud
These kind of mirrors can be seen in Lizzie's Bar:
1611592153350.png

Top Bottom