What does this icon mean?

+
Got this weird icon during the voodoo boys quest and i havent the foggiest what it is supposed to mean. Is there some in game glossary where they tell you what status effects you have and what the icons mean cause i cant find it.

Attachments

• Arrow.jpg
    Arrow.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 615

Forum regular
Good question. I would appreciate some more info about those icoms too. For example if you sleep and get up, you have XP icon active for one hour but what exactly it does? XP boost? How much? If you drink a coffee in your apartment, you get some icon with something like boomerangs or what for an hour too. But who knows what does it mean and what it does?

Got this weird icon during the voodoo boys quest and i havent the foggiest what it is supposed to mean. Is there some in game glossary where they tell you what status effects you have and what the icons mean cause i cant find it.
Did it appear after meeting with Placide?

Did it appear after meeting with Placide?
Think it appeared after i was in Animal base but can't be sure all i know is it was still there after i finished the mission and after i killed all the VB's including Placide. Seems to have gone away now after i went to my appartment. Still no idea what it was supposed to represent which is kind of stupid to show me icons without context and information.

I don't know what this icon mean :(
I have it a couple of times with no timer too (at random moments in my different playthroughs in 1.5). So I have absolutely no idea, but on gameplay side I don't noticed any change at all.
Like always, the support is the way to go, to report it and receive an official answer ;)

I don't know what this icon mean :(
I have it a couple of times with no timer too (at random moments in my different playthroughs in 1.5). So I have absolutely no idea, but on gameplay side I don't noticed any change at all.
Like always, the support is the way to go, to report it and receive an official answer ;)
Yea perhaps you are right. Generally don't report issues when i can't identify them as actual bugs though.. rather not waste devs time with stuff i just don't understand.

Think it appeared after i was in Animal base but can't be sure all i know is it was still there after i finished the mission and after i killed all the VB's including Placide. Seems to have gone away now after i went to my appartment. Still no idea what it was supposed to represent which is kind of stupid to show me icons without context and information.
I see, i thought it might be an indicator of the hack Placide supplied during the brief briefing. Unlikely but it sometimes it is that sort of Ockham's razor type scenario.

Last edited:
I see, i thought it might be an indicator of the hack Placide supplied during the brief briefing. Unlikely but it sometimes it is that sort of Ockham's razor type scenario.
Yea, I thought that's maybe what you were getting at. But it doesn't seem to be linked to the VB's. My best guess is it's perhaps a debuff because i hadn't slept or showered for a while. But its hard to say because there's a complete lack of information.

Good question. I would appreciate some more info about those icoms too. For example if you sleep and get up, you have XP icon active for one hour but what exactly it does? XP boost? How much? If you drink a coffee in your apartment, you get some icon with something like boomerangs or what for an hour too. But who knows what does it mean and what it does?

This from the 1.5 Patch Notes:
Some interactions in the apartments provide a temporary buff:
  • Take shower - applies the “Refreshed” status for one hour.
  • Refreshed: Allows you to regenerate Health during combat. Health will regenerate on its own up to 60% of the maximum threshold.
  • If you possess the Regeneration perk, this increases in combat Health regen rate by 20% and your Health regen threshold by 20%.
  • Go to sleep - regenerates health and applies the ""Rested"" status for one hour.
  • Rested: Gain +20% Skill XP.
  • Brew coffee - applies the “Energized” status for one hour.
  • Energized: +25% Max Stamina, +30% Stamina Regen."

Forum regular
thanks, I already know it, since someone wrote a tip its written in the ALT (weapon select) menu :)

I think more than one trigger passive shares this icon, but you can get the downward pointing arrows when you trigger Ninjutsu->Cheat Death's half health damage reduction.

I trigger Cheat Death at this point in the video (when I take damage from 407hp to 136hp):

icons can represent either a cooldown or an active duration (i.e. of a buff or debuff). They are somewhat unreliable as visual indicators since they often pop multiple times for no reason or the remaining duration hits zero and the icon never goes away until you trigger it again or allow another duration/cooldown to expire.

You can see that throughout the video where sometimes you get 2x 5x stacks of cold blood. You don't get the buff twice, just the icon gets duplicated. Kerensikov is forever triggering its cooldown icon twice. I've had optical camo and second heart with 3 icons and different cooldown timers, making it a headache to tell how much time is left before you can activate it again.

Last edited:
I get that icon, when I use Optic Camo, it shows how many seconds left.
Optical camo cooldown is the head icon with the diagonal lines on it.
When Camo is active, it's the "three arrow" too but oriented to the top (for me at least), but yeah, the "reloading time" it's the head icon. ;)

The "OP icon", it's "three down arrows" and especially without any "remaining" time (I had this icon displayed for at least a few hours of non-stop play). I don't know why it disappear too. Absolutely no idea what it was, but my guess > visual issue :)

Top Bottom