What does your Nick Name mean?

+
In the early days of my PC gaming, my older son gave me a copy of Baldur's Gate. After having played several other types of games, I was not familiar with the game style of this wonderfully created Baldur's Gate. So, without a lot of examination and investigation, I leaped into the game with full force. Now, you must realize that I did NOT know that I could simply PAUSE the game while deciding what tactic, potion, or other choice I would want to make. So, I was playing the game without any stopping. AND, as such, I was finding myself to constantly be in dire straits. Soooo....after my son gave me a little instruction as to HOW this game should be played, I started over and, when it came time to choose a name, I decide upon "Dyre Straits" and it's stuck to this day. ;)I've since finished many, many other games and HAVE learned when I can PAUSE and NOT PAUSE a game. :D

My name means 'the listener who lives by the stream', or some such thing. Why? You could ask my parents, but unfortunately they're both dead.

Daerdin said:
And why not the mixture of all three?Dae+er+din ~~ Daerdin ;)
Dae - ShadowEr - OneDin - (to be) Silent (verb)So, Daerdin means "Shut up, shadow one".
~ Roxy "Llie n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina"

I used to be a Post Office Buddy. Then I got upgraded to an uberpimp. Then I got demoted all the way back down to jellyfish and from there into a lowly jelly. ;)

Just take it from a single by riley & durrant, which was called candesco.Heard this during the first tiësto in concert in 2003, have the dvd of it.

DyreStraits said:
So, I was playing the game without any stopping. AND, as such, I was finding myself to constantly be in dire straits.
That's a great story! I think you win the prize for "Cutest Reason for Your Nickname." (Let's see, do I have any orens left, or do I have to wait another couple of days?)
DyreStraits said:
My name means 'the listener who lives by the stream', or some such thing. Why? You could ask my parents, but unfortunately they're both dead.
*laugh* Simon, honey, you don't HAVE a nickname! If you want to tell us something about your name that isn't obvious, tell us your middle name. *smile*

RogueRoxy said:
RogueRoxy said:
And why not the mixture of all three?Dae+er+din ~~ Daerdin ;)
Dae - ShadowEr - OneDin - (to be) Silent (verb)So, Daerdin means "Shut up, shadow one".
~ Roxy "Llie n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina"
Hey, Roxy, Silver ... Are you sure?The second time thru I got "One Shadow that does not talk" ... which is GREAT for a Moderator. But my FIRST interpretation was "One should not talk to his shadow", which is "not so" great, actually, its kinda spooky, Daerdin. ......... Did you parents leave you alone a lot? .......................... ;)And my name is a synonym for "Trouble". I personally feel it is a completely unjust, unwarranted, absolutely groundless, label applied to my persona by a vengeful, cruel, unfair populace seeking only to punish me for my "youth".But it IS my name and (sticks thumbs in his ears and waggles them while blowing a raspberry at those in his past) - screw'em if they can't take a joke. muhahahahahah!!!

Trughbull said:
And my name is a synonym for "Trouble". I personally feel it is a completely unjust, unwarranted, absolutely groundless, label applied to my persona by a vengeful, cruel, unfair populace seeking only to punish me for my "youth".
Uh-huh. Of course that's why you use it when you get to chose your own handle from any set of letters and numbers in the entire world, because it's cruel and unfair and you perceive it as punishment. I believe you completely, my dear, absolutely!

Trughbull said:
The second time thru I got "One Shadow that does not talk" ... which is GREAT for a Moderator. But my FIRST interpretation was "One should not talk to his shadow", which is "not so" great, actually, its kinda spooky, Daerdin. ......... Did you parents leave you alone a lot? .......................... ;)
Having seen that on screen I must say I had a flashback... I don't wanna talk about it, however...

My full nickname is Ifayra na Elerionn. I play german roleplay-system called Midgard. Ifayra is a kind of paladin for an earthgodess with slightly elvish blood. The name means "Falling Leaf" but it is just fantasy

I could not help but notice the green tint to your icon (*sigh) ... and a "Falling Leaf" would save me a TON of time ... no need to spend all that time "peeking" ... just find a comfy spot and wait. :p

Completly forgot about this... ::)
Daerdin said:
Daerdin said:
But wouldn't that be Daeerdin?
It looks kinda strange, don't you think? ;)All in all it was supposed to be sth like "Silent lonely shadow". Anyway, you did a great job looking for it, so here's a little gift from me ;)
You have a point there, Deardin does look better.And thank you for the Oren!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
So, I was playing the game without any stopping. AND, as such, I was finding myself to constantly be in dire straits.
That's a great story! I think you win the prize for "Cutest Reason for Your Nickname." (Let's see, do I have any orens left, or do I have to wait another couple of days?)I'm glad you enjoyed it. And, as I NEVER win ANYTHING, whatever you got will suffice. :)

DyreStraits said:
DyreStraits said:
That's a great story! I think you win the prize for "Cutest Reason for Your Nickname." (Let's see, do I have any orens left, or do I have to wait another couple of days?)
I'm glad you enjoyed it. And, as I NEVER win ANYTHING, whatever you got will suffice. :)
Okay, here you go: one oren.

Apsalar is a character from Steven Erikson's great Malazan Book of the Fallen. Once she was an ordinary fishergirl who was possessed by the Patron of Assassins. Needless to say that she became really good in killing people.

Top Bottom