What does your Nick Name mean?

+
When I was a kid (which was quite a long time ago ;)) I played D&D. There was some adventure or booklet of pre-generated NPC's (I don't remember which) that had a guy in it named 'Rhale, Rhalle or Ralle'-- I really don't remember the right spelling. For some reason I thought it was a cool name and made up a whole life-history and world-story about him.When I came back to playing videogames a few years back, I remembered the name. I use it for all fantasy games.I've used it in MMO's and people often ask me if I'm Norwegian or Swedish. I think someone said that it means something like 'groan'. But I don't know if that's true or not.If someone who knows could tell me where it comes from or what it means, I'd be eternally grateful.

@ rhalle it funny when you posted this it made me think of the names I use to use in my D&D days as well as my UO Days too I myself don't know what your name means and I do hope you find out.I look back on all the RPG I have played and I always used three different name One was a Falcon bring that the name use to use for D&D The second Was Strum Bright Blade after my favorite Char form the Dragon lance book what was latter killed off and Third was Fyrnhald a made up name which means Fire Heart when I use to play and a hard core RPG shard in UO I look back and it funny now I made up a history for all these names and still use them when I have a chance to :)

Rev.8: 1: And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.2: And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.and so forth... read it in the bible. ;)

My brother came up with my name about 30 years ago, for one of his characters that he used in table-top wargaming with lead figures. It was a butt-ugly, hunch-backed, one-legged dwarf. He said the little guy had had a hard life and wanted to give him a "Heroic" name. Then the interweb was born, forums emerged, them and I collided and Voylodion found another use.

back in the old days of baldurs gate 1 i was struggling with a tough main quest in the game. i had to choose a nickname. unlike my closest friend who calls his rpg characters with silly names like brunhilda i dont want to laugh from my characters, i want them to be cool 8). so i was thinking of raven but then i decided its borring and lame so i though about flash. just flash, nothing more.short, decent name with plenty of meanings and uses. im flash in every games and most internet forums.unfortunately flash is a popular nickname so its often reserved on forums. then im asking myself: -"who, flash?", -"in the flesh", yea i like playing with words :). and thats how im ending with flash in the flesh.thats me, in the flesh.

@ flash_in_the_flesh well that a good take Just a bit of info the name Brunhilda is the name of a char in the four Ring operas by Richard Wagner if Im not mistaken.Also the saying of Flash in the pan is taking from what happens when a musket misfire and only the gun powder just flash :peace:Still think it a cool nick ;)

As a kid, I'd invented a hand gesture that came to be known as "The Claw". This inspired me to make a character of the same name based on it. So my usernames often have 'theclaw' in them.The 'Eon' part is more recent. When brainstorming, I came up with 'Eonisa'. By sort of mixing the word "eon", and the typical abbreviation for game developer Nippon Ichi. I shortened it to simply 'Eon'.Most numbers attached to names of mine don't mean anything. Except for '135', which is the Pokedex number of Jolteon.This specific name doesn't have a meaning either.

@seekeryes, and this brunhilda from wagner's opera is the most beautiful valkyrie from nordish mythology. still it wasnt so deep thinking when my friend picked this name. it was intended to be funny and awkward, especially that her surname was bacon and she was female dwarf :Ddidnt know about the pan :p

AD&D roleplay charicter, Druid, that I kept allive all the way too ascension (at the time, ascension was LvL20).Now invited into AD&D group as a divine guide... which is actually hard to play, 'cos your not alowed to influence actions directly with the lower level charicters, but you can "tweek" the world around them too the point of your abilitys ;)Also playing Higher LvL campains (LvL 21 - 30)Lord - because of ascension, he is now of divine status and presence.Lethris - Meaning "Ancient Speaker", in old English.

I find it veary interesting how we all pick name for chars and see a lot of Rpger's put a lot of thought in to it.In giving it more meaning.

Well I may as well thow mine in the ring...'Lyc' is a shorter for of 'Lycanorukke'. Now to explain why Lycanorukke means will take a bit longer....It started a fair while back with AD&D in the 80's.When forming a character party for a gaming convention we thought about the names for a bit and decided to call the adventuring party "The Pack". A bit more thought and we deicded that the characters whould take 'theme based names' as opposed to a boring 'Joe the Wizard' or the like which we guessed (correctly) a lot of the other groups would do_Our DM had an old dictionary of archaic words (she was a history major) and lent it to us for naming purposes.I worked out Lycan = Wolf, rouk = an archaic word for 'mist'. So with a little adjusting of the letters to make it sound better I came up with Lycanorukke - Mist Wolf (a thief). The the other party members were - Fyrudegis (Fire Fox - elven priestess), Mohrnpantre (Mournful panther - human fighter), Solncanie (Sun Dog - human mage).

Red Dragon from my D&D days ---------------- but it is used alot so added 1313 ------------ 1313 is from a tv show here in the states called "The Munsters" their address was 1313 Mockingbird Lane that I really likeda comedy show about ---------- the father [ frankenstein monster ] {worked in a funeral home} -------- the mother [ vampire or (undead?) ] ------ her father [ vampire ] ----------- their young son [ werewolf ] ----------- and their neice [ a pretty young normal human in (collage?)also red is my favorite color ------------ the Dragon is my Chinese birth sign ---------- 13 my favorite number

Mine is ancient Egyptian. Sa means son, Seba means star, so it's Son of the Stars.The grammatically correct version would be sa sebawt, but that sounds too complicated ;)I chose this nickname because I tend to be active at night, prefer to sleep little.Life is too short to sleep ;)

Cassandra, because i believe i sense bad things (mostly deaths) some time before they happen. (Oh, well... :-[ ) 31 was my age when i joined the forum, and the three E are :Ελλάδα, Ευρώπη, Earth.That was it! Mystery solved! :D
Cassandra was blessed with the gift of prophecy by Apollo, who was infatuated with her. Unfortunately, she shunned Apollo at the last minute and he added a twist to her gift; Cassandra was doomed to tell the truth, but never to be believed.
http://www.arthistory.sbc.edu/imageswomen/papers/fittoncassandra/intro.html

My nick has evolved from a nickname I used to use when playing games online. That nickname (which was "The S", by the way), in turn, came from my actual real name.

Charza is derived from the name Charza Kwinn. Charza Kwinn is a character from the starwars expanded universe, and shows up in the book "Rogue Planet" which I enjoyed pretty much years ago when first reading it. The character of Charza Kwinn is pretty out of the ordinary and mysterious, and not many things are known about him. I never forgot the name, and adopted it for playing online shooters. And that was the start of it all ;)

Well, the two I use online both come from RPGs..Tobariah, my 'good guy' persona, is from my lvl-68th "Dwarvish Buzzsaw", a Hunter on the Hellscream Realm of World of Warcraft.

Top Bottom