What don't you like about The Witcher 3?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't like the idea with immortal horses and also the way Geralt opens the door, it's really strange, like he is doing it telepathically.
Also I'd love to see the animation when Geralt kills big monster (like Griffin) and he pins the head of the monster to his saddle.

Warning, nitpicking ahead. These are not really catastrophic issues that will ruin my game experience or anything, I generally am happy with what was revealed so far and will love it all the same when released.

Here goes:
-the long wait till February 25th
-too much spinning in the fast attack animations, more variety please
-the dodge animation looks odd and should be some more pirouette dodges in there for variety's sake
-Geralt's, Yennefer's and Ciri's hair colors. Geralt's still the grey wolf instead of the white wolf (Ciri's current hair color would actually fit him better I believe). Ciri's hair is just silver/white not ashen blonde (should have a slight blonde tone to it, kinda like this but maybe not as much: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/79376012153175516/). Yennefer's hair is supposed to be raven black (yes, I know they said that's the light making it look brownish but I still have my worries).
-Triss' eyes are supposed to be blue, not green (correct me if I'm wrong please
-Geralt's face is not pale enough
-absence of Brokilon as far as we know

Last edited:
Warning, nitpicking ahead. These are not really catastrophic issues that will ruin my game experience or anything, I generally am happy with what was revealed so far and will love it all the same when released.

Here goes:
-too much spinning in the fast attack animations, more variety please
-the dodge animation looks odd and should be some more pirouette dodges in there for variety's sake
-Geralt's, Yennefer's and Ciri's hair colors. Geralt's still the grey wolf instead of the white wolf (Ciri's current hair color would actually fit him better I believe). Ciri's hair is just silver/white not ashen blonde (should have a slight blonde tone to it, kinda like this but maybe not as much: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/79376012153175516/). Yennefer's hair is supposed to be raven black (yes, I know they said that's the light making it look brownish but I still have my worries).
-Triss' eyes are supposed to be blue, not green (correct me if I'm wrong please)
-absence of Brokilon as far as we know

And you forgot just one important thing

Yeah, actually forgot to mention that I'm missing Brokilon, Regis (it would be awesome having this character in game), Calanthe and other, important characters..

Last edited:
Regis and Pevetta... that would be a bit weird. I was already a bit annoyed with the presence of the Fisher King, Morenn, The Professor and Gramps in TW1 and with how the general timeline in the games doesn't even make sense between games or with the books.

Last edited:
THere is a number of smaller things that rub me the wrong way - most of them might have to do with those not being properly implemented yet, or they were scrapped or sth

1) I did not see Geralt do a single evasive pirouette during the 35min demo :(
2) Staying with Geralt's animations, we did not see enough stabs...

3) character design (covered by Geralt's face-thread, Yen's black hair)

4) quest marker and witcher senses (I mean, rly? - I can very well imagine this was a Demo thing though?)

5) the possibility of a graphical downgrade was hinted a number of times now, this makes me slightly worried...

@randyrhoads
I know - plus it's a WIP. On the other hand neither is there a world record for best xyz-part of gamedesign, so all our nitpicking is obsolete, by that logic.
its just a general trend in the gaming industry, lately, that makes me sad - release trailers/snippets with better graphics than the game itself.

I won't speak about downgrade aspects, we already made some noise about that.

Among the other things I didn't like:
- Geralt's face: the topic about it already says everything.
- Ciri's hair color: true ashen blonde please.
- Base running animation: too stiff.
- Walking/running/sprinting: need proper animations while moving uphill/downhill.
- Combat animations: it seemed combat had too few animations (stabs, pirouettes are the great missed), but I'm pretty sure it's already being addressed.
- Quest markers / witcher's senses: if there's already a quest marker detective mode becomes pointless, please remove them.

About the immortal horses: I'm not against the idea, but I hope when Geralt is attacked while riding at least the horse will fall and Geralt will be thrown to the ground, in order to be forced to combat the foes (Assassin's Creed did the same thing).

Last edited:
I really agree on a lot here.

Let's say beforehand, this is definitely nitpicking (except point 1) for me and it won't ruin the game if it will be that way in the final version, but some things are definitely concerning, and if all of those points become true and are not changed it will probably decrease my enjoyment of the game a little bit (not enough to not get it on release, but enough to at least mention it here).

1. Geralts Face and his Hair. His face has too much color, a little bit too human, too pink-ish IMO (comparing it to TW1 and TW2 I think TW2 was the best of the 3). On top of that his hair is still mostly grey, especially his beard comes out as a mix of black and grey, which is a little bit unsettling for me
2. The combat. Like people said, more stabs and 1 or 2 pirouettes in between would be good.
3. Quest Markers & Witcher Sense. First of all, both of that is not really necessary. Secondly, of what use if Witcher sense if we are shown the general area the monster will be in anyway? And third, Witcher sense (IMO) is still not subtle enough. Those big red dots are a little bit over the top. Monster tracks should only be outlined red and blood trails should be slightly less highlighted. Also, why highlight ledges? I mean, seriously guys....
4. The transition between animations could be more fluid
5. That swords are not shown in their full length in the inventory
6. Monsters are too easy. But - and I said that before - I am 100% sure this is for demo purposes. Non the less I would like to see a REAL monster fight with hard difficulty (not the hardest, but the second hardest) shown in a video
7. Monsters still don't make much damage. the werewolf barely scratched Geralt. Again, the demo could be the reason, but if not then TW2 was way harder in this regard. Hope to see something that disproves those worries

Last edited:
I propose to discuss what you don't like in the game taking into account the available information.
Taking into account features I've assembled here it is possible to conclude the gameplay became more simple. As I suppose these things spoil the gameplay and makes it worse.

1. Campfires can be set fire anywhere without flint.
2. The horses are immortal.
3. The potions, the bombs and crossbow bolts are infinite.
4. Swallow potion is red in The Witcher 3. Why it should be red if it always have been cyan? Is it really made so even the most stupid gamer figured out it's a healing potion and not poison?
5. Witcher medallion shows up only during the fight. Earlier, it used to show up all the time, as well as warning about the monsters approaching.
6. The options in the dialogue menu don't match to what the witcher will say afterwards. Like in the Mass Effect.
7. There are no short lived sexual relationships as there were in the books. Serious romances only as there were in the Dragon Age.
Hmmm based on this post I'm actually starting to dislike W3, it feels really "streamlined" and sellout-ish...

And third, Witcher sense (IMO) is still not subtle enough. Those big red dots are a little bit over the top. Monster tracks should only be outlined red and blood trails should be slightly less highlighted. Also, why highlight ledges? I mean, seriously guys....

I forgot about this detail and I completely agree. Witcher's senses have been toned down, yes, but I think they still should be more subtle. Also the highlighted edges are embarrassing and totally unnecessary. We should be left wandering and exploring from time to time, please remove them.

Hmmm based on this post I'm actually starting to dislike W3, it feels really "streamlined" and sellout-ish...
It's better this way, too much hype is never a good thing. I'd love to be surprised by how good the game is after playing it, rather than having an unrealistic expectation for a masterpiece then get dissappointed. TW1 and 2 are both the former case.

Assuming that the new information from Kinley's interview regarding the alchemy system is the correct one. Ciri's high heels are literally my only complaint about what we know about so far. Please CDPR, don't put her in the "not to be taken seriously, eyecandy" section. Believability for the characters is immensely important! You've said so yourselves. If you could fix this, you would set a shining example of how to present female characters in video-games, which is something the videogame industry has been struggling with for a looooong time.

I propose to discuss what you don't like in the game taking into account the available information.
Taking into account features I've assembled here it is possible to conclude the gameplay became more simple. As I suppose these things spoil the gameplay and makes it worse.

1. Campfires can be set fire anywhere without flint.
2. The horses are immortal.
3. The potions, the bombs and crossbow bolts are infinite.
4. Swallow potion is red in The Witcher 3. Why it should be red if it always have been cyan? Is it really made so even the most stupid gamer figured out it's a healing potion and not poison?
5. Witcher medallion shows up only during the fight. Earlier, it used to show up all the time, as well as warning about the monsters approaching.
6. The options in the dialogue menu don't match to what the witcher will say afterwards. Like in the Mass Effect.
7. There are no short lived sexual relationships as there were in the books. Serious romances only as there were in the Dragon Age.

Its not in my hands.

About the immortal horses: I'm not against the idea, but I hope when Geralt is attacked while riding at least the horse will fall and Geralt will be thrown to the ground, in order to be forced to combat the foes (Assassin's Creed did the same thing).

I agree. Horses can be immortal for all I care, but they have to be attack sensible targets, so ambushes will be more dangerous or, the other way around, you can hit the enemy's horse to knock him off of the saddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom