What Ending(s) did You Get? SPOILERS

+
On my first playthrough:

1.) Freed the tree spirit. Baron hung himself after his wife died.

2.) Killed Whoreson.

3.) Helped Keira. She was present during the battle of Kaer Morhen then left with Lambert. Later, she cured the plague.

4.) Helped the mages escape Novigrad and said goodbye to Triss.

5.) Cerys became queen of Skellige.

6.) Assassinated Radovid.

7.) Sided with Roche and Thaler to kill Dijkstra, resulting in the empire's victory in the war.

8.) Ciri became a witcher.

9.) Geralt retired with Yennefer.

Me too.

My ending was bittersweet but perfect in the sense that it fit for the way I always imagined Geralt and his feelings.

1: Freed the tree, and the Baron hung himself over his wife's death. (I was crushed, because I really liked the Baron's character arc.)
2: Whoreson is dead
3: Helped Keira and she left with Lambert
4: Cerys rules Skellige
5: I helped assassinate Radovid and also killed Dijkstra. Temeria became a Vassel to the Empire
6: Ciri became a Witcher
7: Geralt came full circle and roams alone as a simple witcher again.

At first I hated that in the end Geralt was alone, but in my mind it was the only true way it could have gone. He couldn't deny his love for Yennefer because of their powerful history and shared love for Ciri. As for Triss, she is the one who he fell for in his "second life" with amnesia, and had a kinder heart and is way less volatile than Yen. My Geralt quite simply loved them both. It was realistic that they both would reject him for this. (although I really HATED the fact that the game forces you into accepting their "invitation", because I saw what was coming a mile away.)

The state of the world, I thought, ended up in such a way that satisfied me. Sure Temeria came under rule by the ruthless empire, but now there was at least an end to all of the senseless persecution and burning of anyone who was different. Also, even though I believe my Geralt despised Emhyr, I really like him. So long live the Emperor!

As for Ciri, I really tried to show her respect and give her love when I felt she needed it. I was so happy to see her walk away from being "the chosen one" and to choose the simple life of a witcher, like Geralt.

I believe that my Geralt would find peace in the fact that he confessed his feelings to both Triss and Yen (even though they rejected him), and had an opportunity to pass on his knowledge to the closest thing he ever had to a child in Ciri. I think, compared to all of the political non-sense and world ending danger he has been caught up in, that he would find returning to his roots peaceful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom