What Ending should be the canon ending?

+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Ending should be the canon ending? If there was a Witcher 4, what ending from Witcher 3 should apply to it?

Last edited:
i like the Ciri becoming witcheress ending, Geralt with Yennefer, emhyr dead, everybody happy

tw4 could have ciri as protagonist and in the prologue area, geralt teaches ciri how to hunt monsters and they do some training together, just imagine geralt as your teacher, hunting monsters in forests or swamps with him, awesome

(i like geralt as protagonist of tw4 anyway :) )

Definitely the Ciri is dead? ending. Just have to add one part which takes place right after Geralt has given up and is surrounded by monsters. Ciri teleports in allowing Geralt to regain his will to fight and they both then proceed to slaughter every swamp monster in sight..

:affection:

The lesser choices wouldn't matter too much in my opinion as long as #TeamBroche continues.

Last edited:
My favorite ending is the Witcheress ending, but from what I have seen, the Empress ending has a more "complete" felling to it- the other two feel rather tacked on and added for the sake of having multiple endings.

I didn't know Emhyr can die in Witcher 3. How?

I agree canon should be Ciri witcheress, Geralt with Yen, although I don't see Geralt's love interest being too important for any sequels, seeing as his story ended with Witcher 3.

I'm happy not to discuss a sequel though, Cyberpunk comes first.

Ciri is a wirtcher or dead( clearly she isn't she is in another world). Geralt -alone ( i know he loves Yen, but he can't stand to be with her, books clearly stated that he can't be with Yen more than couple of mounts every 2-4 years). Norden Kindoms fall, Temeria is under Nilfs. Andrzej Sapkowski didn't write fairy tales.

Last edited:
None. If CDPR ever make another witcher game and use a single ending as canonical, it would be hugely unsatisfactory for great many people.

The poison chalice that is multiple choice endings. It's bit Bioware firmly in the arse, it'll come back to haunt CDPR if they make a TW4. Sometimes choice isn't a good thing.

The poison chalice that is multiple choice endings. It's bit Bioware firmly in the arse, it'll come back to haunt CDPR if they make a TW4. Sometimes choice isn't a good thing.

Well I've got a hard job, too. Choice is good and Developers should try to meet that challenge instead of making stuff canon.

Well I've got a hard job, too. Choice is good and Developers should try to meet that challenge instead of making stuff canon.

Choice is good but not in a linear story's ending. It may seem good on the surface but it inevitably causes more issues than it solves. Look at how badly muddled this game's world state is after the last game's multiple endings. If you're telling a story, that story should have a single conclusion to it. Player choice comes from the path you take to reach that conclusion. Writing in games used to be a lot better before developers engaged in the current trend of multiple choice endings. I'm not aware of a single one that has got it right so far.

Regarding choices and this is my personal view is that a game should have a definitive starting and ending point. All choices and consequences happen between the two. This i feel allows better continuity.

If there's going to be a Witcher 4 with Geralt/Ciri then Best ending obviously, otherwise I really don't care.

I got the Witcheress ending, Made Temeria a vassal of Nilfgaard, hopefully stopping the Witch Hunters influence, once Redania is defeated, and stopping murder of mages and non-humans; or at least lessening it.

Felt right to me.

But I am sure the canon would involve the Witch Hunters becoming more prevalent and targeting whats left of the Magic users including Witchers, but Radovid (Or Madovid, hohoho) is dead in my game along with Dijkstra sooooooooOOoo...

Easy.

They rode off towards the sunset. Behind them they left a darkening valley. Behind them was a lake, an enchanted lake, a lake blue and smooth as a polished sapphire. Behind them were left the boulders littering the shore. And pine trees on the slope.

That was left behind them.

And everything else was in front of them.

Extremely better storytelling than in any ending of TW3. All of them fail to get the basic Witcher formula, sady. None of them gets what the narrative in Witcher was all about...

Geralt alone spending time with courtesans!

Oh, wait... not an option...

Other than that, canon should be Witcher Triss and Yennefer romance, for sure.

I think it's worth pointing out that in the Empress ending, it says that Ciri goes to prepare to take the throne, not that she actually does. I think the bad ending is pretty ambiguous too, isn't it?

Yennefer and Triss together, Geralt with all the succubi in the world, Ciri empress and us all fighting over who deserves to be her emperor of interest.

Edit: Let me clarify. Canon (games) within canon (books) like this would not work for me and maybe others as well for everyone's canon is their own. How about there was a Witcher 4, but it was not about these characters or even the consequences or effects of their choices, rather, a complete new set of characters by CDPR, only the witcher world as setting? I think that would actaully work even better because CDPR is very good at bringing this world to life. My opinion of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom