What game are you currently playing

+
Waiting for Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, Mankind Divided, Blood and Wine.

That's about it, really.

Oh wait. Mirror's Edge Catalyst, FF15, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ancestors, Horizon, Doom, Detroit . These too.

Playing nothing as I'm neck-deep in writing multiple thesi.

Haven't picked it up yet (waiting on at least one more patch) but I really want to play XCom 2.

Forum veteran
I've been playing the new Fire Emblem. The new 3 ones? I don't know; it released in 3 versions and I'm just finishing up the second one. The first one proved to be completely incoherent without the others (which is totally a classy move given it's a full-priced release) and was the worst entry in the entire 14-game series, but I have hopes that things will resolve in a less stupid way in this one. Either way, the changes have watered everything down and stripped the game of a great of its strategy. Plus they shoehorned in an absurd amount of waifu crap. My favorite hardcore strategy RPG series is now catering to lonely 12 year-olds who don't care for strategy. This is why we can't have nice things.

So, now it's finally time for Persona 3, Shadowhearts Covenant and Valkyria Chronicles.
Valkyria Chronicles is so good. One of those "I wish I could suddenly develop amnesia to play through this game for the first time again" types of games.

Have you been following it? Just wondering if they're finally moving away from that Fabula Nova Crystallis garbage. There's not enough profanity in the world to describe my contempt for XIII and XIII-2 and the drunken ramblings they try to pass off as world building.

Have you been following it? Just wondering if they're finally moving away from that Fabula Nova Crystallis garbage. There's not enough profanity in the world to describe my contempt for XIII and XIII-2 and the drunken ramblings they try to pass off as world building.

Nope, not really, but the FNC is history (luckily). In fact I think XIII-3 was kind of a reboot for the entire franchise, lore-wise? The ending of the FNC kinda restarted the whole universe (it basically said: LOL look, Lightning has killed god, now all of life is restarted, the universe is reformed, oh and by the way, fuck everything crystal, so basically fuck every Final Fantasy game that came before). And in the final cutscene it turns out that the whole XIII saga, if not more of the core games, have taken place on earth sometime in the distant past. And now Lightning is strolling around in modern-day france. Whadda load'o shyte.

FF15 looks solid, but the FNC has disgusted me so much that it will be a sale buy for me. 30 bucks at best.

Interested in the FF7 remake though as I've never played the original.

Actually, I'm playing Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
I must admit, for how much Fallout 4 is cool and great, Skyrim still have a certain fascination .

Finished Sekiro last week and am now waiting for Rage 2 to come out.
I'm going to play something from the still-to-play-list for now. Probably finally Observer.

I'm 99% convinced I'm going to grab Outward.

In the meantime...must...not...reinstall...Kingdoms...of Amalur...

Red dead redemption 2, god of war, assassins creed origins, witcher 3.

Those are games I played and finished in last month and a half.

Sometimes I play gwent.

Guest 3847602

We The Revolution, Dawn of Man and Dirt Rally 2. Also, trying to figure out the way to win maximum stars in Sudden Strike 4 Pacific War DLC.

sekiro (NG+), borderlands 2, then I have borderlands the pre-sequel and before buying any other game I MUST finish AC origins that I abandoned months ago due to boredom (ugly copy of TW3, very ugly, same flaws in mechanics and fails where CDPR's masterpiece excelled).
I re-installed bloodborne while playing sekiro, probably it'll come before AC.

Recently finished Metro Exodus (great game), now stuck on guardian ape in Sekiro (great game but too hard for me at times).

sekiro (NG+), borderlands 2, then I have borderlands the pre-sequel and before buying any other game I MUST finish AC origins that I abandoned months ago due to boredom (ugly copy of TW3, very ugly, same flaws in mechanics and fails where CDPR's masterpiece excelled).
I re-installed bloodborne while playing sekiro, probably it'll come before AC.
Which game is better sekiro or bloodborne. I have bloodborne its great game how does sekiro compares to it.

'sekiro'
As a whole, I would say sekiro with very few doubts: frame rate is more stable, graphics are cleaner, gameplay is smoother and more technical, camera works better, you don't have all those stats that in bloodborne don't work (arcane and bloodtinge are pretty much useless, same for blood gems) but passive and active skills, you don't need to read the wiki to understand what to do, how to do it, and when. Sekiro is more difficult and you really need to learn bosses' attack pattern by hearth and have cold blood to parry their attacks if you want some chances to win, but when you lose you know it's your fault and not the game being unfair (except for bosses' damage output, that's unfair), it's not like in the soulsborne series where camera and gravity are the strongest enemies together with incomprehensible mechanics. Once you get in the right mood, sekiro is fun to play.

Coming to more subjective stuff, sekiro's story is clear, you understand everything and you can even complete questlines without needing the wiki (and to me this is a huge pro), but...

...but bloodborne has its own magic. Setting, lore, atmosphere are something else for me. Lovecraftian inspiration, bestiality versus intellect and how this dichotomy is reflected in the combat system thanks to the regain system is pure genius.

My final verdict is that sekiro is a better videogame in all its aspects, but bloodborne is a piece of art.

Top Bottom