What game are you currently playing

+
Countless weekends later, I’ve finally beaten Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS). Not that I want to make it sound like it was a chore, but frankly it was on occasions, it‘s an old-ish-school JRPG after all. Its #1 problem was the pacing: to this date, it’s the game with the longest and slowest first hours I’ve ever played, and some of its storylines have a pacing as glacial as the prologue.

Despite that and other issues, it's my favorite DQ game so far (I’ve only played 1 through 7, though), because of its charm (notably from characters like Maribel and the protagonist’s family), touching stories (like past-time events on Faraday and Haven), memorable locations (like El Ciclo and Villa Priores, to name just two), and gameplay improvements compared to its predecessors (goodbye unpreventable random encounters, I won’t miss you much :coolstory:)

Can’t imagine what a good time I’m gonna have with 8 and 11 when I finally manage to play them, considering many on the internet say they’re the best of the whole saga.

-------

Now I’m with Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy. These games are challenging without being borderline hard, and controls feel great enough, at least on Crash 2 and 3. What I like the most about these remasters is that animations look glorious in their cartoon-y way :ok:

-------

After Crash, I’ll probably go next with Grim Fandango, Planescape: Torment and Thronebreaker, not necessarily in that order.

Last edited:
Dusted off "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action" and added the "Realism" mod ... pretty good so far.
But I still hate bullet sponges ...

As to be expected from someone on this sort of forum, I'm playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY... although it's a bit buggy and I think I may be the first person to experience this specific one...

Ive been playing Destiny 2. Its kinda fun how they made it, endgame is kinda the base and story/campaign stuff is addition to that. Destiny 2 way is much better than traditional, imho.

I'm carrying on with Outer Worlds, though slightly annoying that the Science weapons all seem like utter garbage (someone tell me they're useful at some point?!).

Has anybody played the Neverwinter and Planescape reboots? Can't imagine they're 'worth' the amount being asked, but would be good to know if they're any good?

Has anybody played the Neverwinter and Planescape reboots? Can't imagine they're 'worth' the amount being asked, but would be good to know if they're any good?

I assume you mean remaster, not reboot. If so, I can say that Planescape: Torment is pretty good. It's stable with a much improved interface and higher resolution with better sprites. I can definitely recommend it. As for the price, well, it has been on sale for a few times already, so I would wait until the next sale.

Top Bottom