What game are you currently playing

+
I finally managed to continue both Age of Empires: Definitive Edition and Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition.

Sadly, I could not get into Planescape Torment, and cannot tell why. I loved Pillars of Eternity and all Fallout 1 and 2. However, without spoiling much: in the last part of Planescape Torment, I could not
get over the overwhelming numbers of enemies while you have to navigate a rather large map.

I could not
get over the overwhelming numbers of enemies while you have to navigate a rather large map.

I remember PS:T very differently, but maybe that's because I also played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale 1 and 2, which had much more of... that.

I couldn't get into PST because I was unable to find an enjoyable game in it. I stopped trying and just went for book version.

I loved BGII and Fallout 1-2, but gameplay of PST was just getting on my nerves.

The Command and Conquer remaster, though next time, I’m opting to have one or two molars removed.

I’m powering through it using the love for nostalgia and the genre of RTS, but MAN has it not aged well in the 25 or so years. I’m appreciative of the graphical overhauls, but the pathfinding and artificial intelligence is killing me.

Unless I constantly micromanage each of the individual units of my armies, they’ll fall apart in a big confusing ball of chaos.
In modern RTS, group selecting a big mass of tanks and telling to move south, will have them realise they’re part of a big collective movement, they’ll turn on a dime and turn south in Unison.
In these old timey RTS? Each individual tank will try to pathfind its way around the others, meaning the individual tanks will head in every conceivable direction - including North on a South bound order, to drive around each other.

Telling badly wounded units to retreat, will often have them drive off towards the enemy, crossing chokepoints creates huge traffic jams, orders are sometimes ignored, or units will separate from the group and go off on their own to get killed one by one. I’m convinced half my army is suicidal and the other half hates me.

I’m what’s known as a “turtler” in an RTS; someone who’d rather stay in their base to let the enemy come to them, rather than sweep out and harass the enemy. I’ve become less of a turtle as time went by and I played modern RTS, but playing this game suddenly made me realise why I grew up a turtle to begin with.

There’s nothing like needing 10 minutes to herd my army of cats across a bridge, to really kill all the fun of attacking something. I’d much rather stay at base and pick off my enemies with air units.

I can’t be angry at the game though. For bad or worse, it’s exactly as I remember it and a faithful remaster.

Also, still playing Oxygen not Included on the side.

Started playing Sea of Thieves last month. Didn't think I would like, but I'm surprised at how much I love it. The adventure from sailing around and actually looking for buried treasure based on maps and following a compass is great.
Other than that, on PS4, I'm playing Death Stranding and trying to platinum Sekiro.

Finished Fallout 2, there was a nice easter egg at the end - I was playing with Killap's restoration mod (restores cut content such as the Abbey, EPA) - I loved the homage to the mod team that they put in.

Next up, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - now that is another game I haven't played in more than a decade! Candlekeep here I come!

I'd like to say Witcher 3. After I ended Witcher 2 it started casually, launcher and movies were smoothly but gameplay neither. Geralt is walking really slow, some commands works 2 seconds after click on my keyboard and sound in diallogues is faster than animations in them. I tried too many options, only I fixed cursor menu. Now I am looking for help here but I am new.

The Last of Us.

Never finished it. Have started it again.

I have the collector's edition of no 2 sitting, waiting at home. Am anxious about playing it though.

Mutants: Year Zero: Road to Eden

It's a turn based strategy game much in the mold of the modern X-com (Enemy Unknown).

Whilst the combat isn't as deep as X-com, it has an interesting real time stealth mechanic and successfully scratched my X-com itch.

Though I wouldn't recommend iron man, as the stealth mechanic isn't quite as tight as it needs to be for a save mode like that.

Save scum all the way baby!

Finishing Shadow of tomb raider and sleeping dogs.
And demo of Dinosaut Fossil Hunter.

Last edited:
Age of Wonders 3
Kingdom Come Deliverance
and
Ark Survival Evolved

I am switching between the three a bit.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim

I'm all for open world, custimization and replayability. Many signs indicate that CP2077 will surpass both games above in this regard. Can't wait to find out!

Top Bottom