What game are you currently playing

+
Well after spending a few good hours in Baldur's Gate, and making it all the way to Nashkel, I've removed the game from my hard drive. I loved it when I played it last but now it just seems kind of ... meh.
Now playing XCOM 2 War of the Chosen.

Guest 4406876

War of Rights ,Planet Coaster and DCS A-10C. Waiting for next year Elite Dangerous expansion that's gonna take most of my hobby time away XD.

y̷̨̱͎̖̤̎̐́̋̑͌́͛̍͝ ̶̡̣̞̘̖̮̔́̉̋̈́̂͜ḙ̵̬͑̐̂͂̀̈͜͝ ̴̱̤̝͓̅̔̓̋͂̽̎͠s̵̗͈̜̠͇̉̑̈́͑̅͒̂͜ ̶͕̯͍̦̈́̾͑̌͋̋͝!̴̟͇̺́̊͝͝ ̷̦͚̤̾̌̌̆̏͊̎͗͋P̷̟̓̂͆̀̏̒̏̈́̓͝ ̷̧͖̈́́̀̂̔͒̾L̵̢̨͙̯̳̮̰͑̏͗̐͆̂̐͠ ̴̛̺̼͊̇̔͠ͅA̸͇͋͐̋͊ ̶̛͓̇̒̈́Y̷̡͙̜̼͍͕̻͒ ̴̬͕͗͋̀̑́̓ ̵̟̻͙̪͇̲̻̆͂̓͛͂͛͂͂̀͠C̷͈̈́͝ ̴̨̦̇̇O̵͈̪͎͚̰̓̊͒̐̿́͠ ̶̛̜̫̲̺̝͚̻̪̔͌̈́͆̓̀͋̑̑N̸̨̢͕̠̫͙͉͗͐͛͛̀̂ ̸̝̼̯̰͕͖̺̦͙͕̓́̄͊T̸̢̗̻͌̕ ̶̨̱͕͇͉͇̗̣͌͘͝R̵̬̱̹̹̳̝͎͚̈́͘ ̵̧̥̘̘̬̞͕̅̐͝Ǫ̶̣̩̫͎͇̠̱̙̓̒́̌̚͝ ̶̢̖̥̯͍̒͝L̴̤̤̞̿̓̂̓̐̉̚̚͜ ̴̠̼͇̂̈̉̊!̶̦̜̦̩̌̅̃͋̓̉̄͜

elmo fire_quick.gif

y̷̨̱͎̖̤̎̐́̋̑͌́͛̍͝ ̶̡̣̞̘̖̮̔́̉̋̈́̂͜ḙ̵̬͑̐̂͂̀̈͜͝ ̴̱̤̝͓̅̔̓̋͂̽̎͠s̵̗͈̜̠͇̉̑̈́͑̅͒̂͜ ̶͕̯͍̦̈́̾͑̌͋̋͝!̴̟͇̺́̊͝͝ ̷̦͚̤̾̌̌̆̏͊̎͗͋P̷̟̓̂͆̀̏̒̏̈́̓͝ ̷̧͖̈́́̀̂̔͒̾L̵̢̨͙̯̳̮̰͑̏͗̐͆̂̐͠ ̴̛̺̼͊̇̔͠ͅA̸͇͋͐̋͊ ̶̛͓̇̒̈́Y̷̡͙̜̼͍͕̻͒ ̴̬͕͗͋̀̑́̓ ̵̟̻͙̪͇̲̻̆͂̓͛͂͛͂͂̀͠C̷͈̈́͝ ̴̨̦̇̇O̵͈̪͎͚̰̓̊͒̐̿́͠ ̶̛̜̫̲̺̝͚̻̪̔͌̈́͆̓̀͋̑̑N̸̨̢͕̠̫͙͉͗͐͛͛̀̂ ̸̝̼̯̰͕͖̺̦͙͕̓́̄͊T̸̢̗̻͌̕ ̶̨̱͕͇͉͇̗̣͌͘͝R̵̬̱̹̹̳̝͎͚̈́͘ ̵̧̥̘̘̬̞͕̅̐͝Ǫ̶̣̩̫͎͇̠̱̙̓̒́̌̚͝ ̶̢̖̥̯͍̒͝L̴̤̤̞̿̓̂̓̐̉̚̚͜ ̴̠̼͇̂̈̉̊!̶̦̜̦̩̌̅̃͋̓̉̄͜

ţ̋̾̈́ͨ̿ͯ͂ͧ̿̓̚̚҉̜̝̖̱̺w̴̢̮̭̲̠̭̮ͯ͐̔͗̒̾̆͋ͦͬ̎̌́́̚ơ̧̧̻͚̫͕̺͓̳̙̊̽̌̀ͤ̈͑̈́͊̽́͆ͮͨ̌̌ͥ̕͟ ̮̝̥̝̬̗̝̖̙̪̦̦͉̲ͯ͌͂̇̽̔́͐̄̽̐ͧ͐͝͡c̵̭̺͈͑̔͆͋̀̑̋̐̽͊͋ͨ̃̍̉̿̈͠͡ą̔ͪͤ̋͂̉͠͏̹͔̪͔̞̜̳͓̖̙̰̯͉͙ņ͈̠̫͕ͩ͆ͯ̉̎̎̌̚͟͡ ̧̡͖̮̜̜͚͇̼͔͚̬̾̓̓ͪ̓ͨ̾͊ͪ̀̎̅ͫ͋͗ͧ͆ͬͦ͘͟͝p̨̭̩̜̻̼̗̑̄̓ͮ͢͝͠ļ̾ͩͩ̑ͧͬ҉̙͇̙̩͙͙̝͓͍̥̘̦̺ả̸͕̼͙͚̞͎͓̝̬͙̙̠̱̥̬̗̘͇ͨ̂ͩͣͭ̋͢y̷̹̘̭̯̺͛̀ͨͦ̈́́̀̕͟ ̶̌̊͌̓̂ͩ̌ͤ̇̊ͩͮͦ͡҉̠͖̯̮̙͈̩̣͙̲̗̟̱̦̝̳̭̠̕͠t̷̴̰̻̦̲͈̳̪̟̤̝̻̻͍̘̰͍͆ͩ̉̆̀͞h̴̢̻̘̮̏͋ͩͮͨ͆͂̄̿ͩͭ͟͝a̴͍̠̳̙̳̺͓͍̞̮͕̭̲̽ͩͯ̓ͧ̑ͧ̍̈́̆͒͂̐ͩͬ̀ͅt̶̄̃̈́͛̓̃ͤ͢͜҉̩̲̼̘̠̘̟͉̻̻̕ ̢͙̞̟̖̖̞͖͔͚͔͓̒̈̓̿ͣ̿̆́͛͞gͪͬ͛̔̈́́̍̂̈́̒̓ͯ̑͑͂ͤͩ҉̞̱͙͙̰̫͉͓͚̭̣͕͔̘͇̝̲̥͠ąͭ̌̆ͤ̔͂ͭ̾́̓ͬ͐̋̑̅͢҉̳̘͈̙̪̗͇͠m̶̵͓̞̦̙͕̥̖͙̤̗͕̩̙̽̾ͧ̄͊͌̇ͣ̉̍̑͑̿̇̈́͜e̷̝̤͉̱̝͍͍͍̣̲͒͋̏̆ͪ̊̑̔̎͑̿͂͌ͧ̚͘

I finished Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition a couple of weeks ago. Despite how old the game is I enjoyed the experience a lot, especially in regards of story and characters. The writing is without a doubt the strongest aspect of the game, not just because of the adventure itself but also because of how interesting and creative the setting was, and how engaging and even philosophical the story of the protagonist went. And what a story! :ok:

This game is quite rewarding for people with a lot of curiosity when it comes to character interactions, be it with NPCs (lots of interesting ones!) or with the party members. I liked almost all of the companions a lot (my favorite ones were Grace and Morte) but games like the Dragon Age series spoiled me when it comes to stuff like combat synergy between them and especially banter, things that in PS:T felt lacking or, at least, few and far between. But I know the comparison is not fair, PS:T is a game very much of its time.

Combat was... fine. Even though I’ve played only one run of the game, it felt like the most favorable and entertaining approach was the one I picked: a mage with high intelligence and high wisdom. The party is pretty helpful thankfully, they can help a PC mage not run out of spells quickly in the earliest parts of the game, plus they had a respectable amount of skill variety. Combat is definitely not the most interesting part of the game, and attributes like charisma and especially wisdom are quite crucial to avoid it. A high score on those attributes actually allows the player to reach the most interesting paths of many quests and get the most interesting dialog from many NPCs.

Visuals and production values were alright for a game of its time and its budget. I do have to say, even though the aesthetics were on point (there is no fantasy setting like this one), they felt limited by the graphical capacities of the engine. The game world and the UI didn’t have to be this overly drab (even for a place like Sigil) and poor in visual contrast, but I know that back then engines like this one had a really hard time with color “richness” and interface usability.

Despite all this, it was still a hugely memorable experience. I recommend it to anyone that can overlook its flaws in favor of getting to experience what I consider one of the most unique, intriguing and memorable storylines in videogame history :cool:

---

So, I’m currently dividing my gaming time between Age of Empires: Definitive Edition and SOMA, and I’m also planning to continue Dragon Quest VII after beating those two (I still have its post-game content pending). I have to admit, AoE has lost some of its appeal to me but I’ll still try to play as many campaigns as possible. The japanese one, where I’m at at the moment, is nice at least but it makes me miss the one from AoE III :think: Back then I enjoyed most of the campaigns of the third game a ton.

SOMA has been delightful so far (I’m at around 3/4 of the game, I think). Just like with Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the game engine could look better but it still manages to make the locations and creatures feel very scary. I love how dreadful and oppressive the setting is, especially as one slowly finds out more about it as the game progresses, and the body horror in this game I’d say is... successful :oops:

Last edited:
I finished Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition a couple of weeks ago. Despite how old the game is I enjoyed the experience a lot, especially in regards of story and characters. The writing is without a doubt the strongest aspect of the game, not just because of the adventure itself but also because of how interesting and creative the setting was, and how engaging and even philosophical the story of the protagonist went. And what a story!

Aye, agreed. It's one of my favorite games of all time. You should also definitely try Disco Elysium.

Been dabbling a bit with city builders. Started.. Well, re-started a Cities Skylines run. Its a lot of fun but I just can't stand the traffic management sim it always devolves into. Gives me a hell of a headache. Moved to Frostpunk, which is a great narrative-survival city builder. Survived the first scenario and now I'm in full swing Anno 1800 sandbox. This game... The more you play the deeper it gets. Love it.

I feel I'm almost finished with The Last of Us 2 and after that, I'll be doing some hyper-aggressive all kill stealth runs in TLoU 2, Hitman 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell Blacklist until Ghost of Tsushima drops.

EDIT: Taking a break from my all-out stealth massacre to tackle a new project. I'm loading up a separate GTA5 game, the one I got free from Epic a couple of weeks back, and I'm going to mod the crap out of it to make it look like this:

Last edited:
Persona 5 Royal. I'm near the end and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of really cool characters in this. Maruki is my favorite I think.
It really feels like the perfect evolution to turn-based JRPGs combat-wise too. It's just so fluid and fun.

Spitting my time between some stealth goodness: Splinter Cell Double agent, Assassin's Creed Unity and now Ghost of Tsushima.

Finished DUSK recently - oh boy was it good! I really enjoyed the - for the lack of a better word - plot that is kinda told (for anyone who wants to listen and put pieces together) through occassional writings on the walls, environment in general and some voice in protagonists' head. The gameplay and desing are absolutely great - the game plays smooth and fun, nothing was annoying or stretched out or out of place.

I blame the games I grew up with for my impressions on DUSK, but I'm glad I had that experience overall. Low-poly still has its special feeling for me and, well, it does help to visually distinguish the enemies from the environment and each other.

Dabbled quite a bit into HADES. My second roguelike game that i got into after Binding of Issac series. It's surprisingly well polished for a game in early access and since its a game from SuperGiant it has some really good artstyle and music.

The powers while i dont think come close to something like Bindings of Isaac are fun enough in combination with good story art and music.

Top Bottom