What game are you currently playing

+
[...] you're still going to miss a whole hell of a lot unless you play as high WIS, high INT mage.

That's also true and another reason you can miss stuff; double so if you combine it with my original argument. You don't have to play as a mage, though. Yes, it's the obvious choice, but not actually the easiest class.

PS:T is a different sort of game. People conditioned to the modern ARPG may find it boring. Disco Elysium is about the only game released in recent memory fitting a similar style (that I've played). It arguably hasn't aged as well as it could have. It's possible it's just not your thing. No big deal :).
I'm conditioned to more "old school" RPGs than PST. I know a guy who loved PST, but couldn't get into OG Fallout. *shrug* And I personally love true Fallout games. FO1 is one of my all times.

I'm conditioned to more "old school" RPGs than PST. I know a guy who loved PST, but couldn't get into OG Fallout. *shrug* And I personally love true Fallout games. FO1 is one of my all times.

I like both PS:T and FO. FO1 is good, but I like the sequel even better.

On a related side note, I even like Fallout Tactics. It was more combat focused, but it still had the FO vibe. Incidentally, it also had upgraded sprites, which even hold up today.

I like both PS:T and FO. FO1 is good, but I like the sequel even better.

On a related side note, I even like Fallout Tactics. It was more combat focused, but it still had the FO vibe. Incidentally, it also had upgraded sprites, which even hold up today.
FO2 is great too, but I prefer the first one due to it feeling "complete" and the atmosphere. Tactics never grew on me, even though I respect it more these days than when it came out.

I'm currently playing SWAT 4! Game is a classic from 2005, probably the best tactical shooter ever made. I've installed an improvement mod to it, which among other things, re-enables a cut feature allowing you to use voice recognition for commanding your AI SWAT team! It's amazingly immersive.

Nothing beats the feeling of having red team stack on one door, blue on the other, both awaiting your signal to breach, flashbang and clear. All done by using your voice to command them. I recommend it to anyone, you can pick up SWAT 4 and the Police Quest games + SWAT 1 & 2 (all point and click games) on GOG.

Star Wars Squadrons.

I got my A-Wing. I got my HOTAS. I got a pretty decent SP campaign, some awesome co-op, and some equally awesome MP. I got the ability to manage power settings to overcharge my shields then switch them double-front, over-charge my blasters, and can boost-drift 180° to deal with pursuers.

Bye, world.

Cuphead PS4 .

I am really blown away how much fun this indie game gave me .Graphic is so beautiful , bosses are unique and gameplay is hard and fun. Really pleasant surprise to had so much fun, it was so unexpected never saw this coming , especially not with this game.

Top 5 material in my list together with God of war , Bloodborne , Witcher 3 , AC odyssey.

I'm playing Among Us.
It's real good fun, I recommend :D
Post automatically merged:

I'm currently playing SWAT 4! Game is a classic from 2005, probably the best tactical shooter ever made. I've installed an improvement mod to it, which among other things, re-enables a cut feature allowing you to use voice recognition for commanding your AI SWAT team! It's amazingly immersive.

Nothing beats the feeling of having red team stack on one door, blue on the other, both awaiting your signal to breach, flashbang and clear. All done by using your voice to command them. I recommend it to anyone, you can pick up SWAT 4 and the Police Quest games + SWAT 1 & 2 (all point and click games) on GOG.

Damn thanks for reminding me of this amazing classic game. I remember swat 4 was so high graphic and in-depth for the time
Nostalgia!
Sounds I need to get it.

I'm playing Among Us.
It's real good fun, I recommend :D
Post automatically merged:

Damn thanks for reminding me of this amazing classic game. I remember swat 4 was so high graphic and in-depth for the time
Nostalgia!
Sounds I need to get it.
Honestly, it's still the best tactical shooter ever made. Download the "Elite Forces" mod, it makes it even better! The voice recognition works so well and is so in depth.

I was playing a ton of Wasteland 3, really awesome game by the way, but once Crusader Kings 3 released I dropped everything and I've been crazy addicted to that. CK2 was one of my favorite games ever and the new one is just a super polished version of that. Granted it's missing a ton of content that the second game had (because of DLC), but there's enough content in the new game to justify playing it. At least I think so.

How does W3 compare to W2? I backed it on Kickstarter but I was a bit underwhelmed by the game when it came out. Completed it once and that was it, no urge to replay.

Star Wars Squadrons.

I got my A-Wing. I got my HOTAS. I got a pretty decent SP campaign, some awesome co-op, and some equally awesome MP. I got the ability to manage power settings to overcharge my shields then switch them double-front, over-charge my blasters, and can boost-drift 180° to deal with pursuers.

Bye, world.
So how are the bots when playing solo? Challenging or brain dead? And how about the AI allies? I'm thinking about buying it, but I'm not much for multiplayer, mostly because of my hours.

So how are the bots when playing solo? Challenging or brain dead? And how about the AI allies? I'm thinking about buying it, but I'm not much for multiplayer, mostly because of my hours.

Oo. OO. I'll take this one:

The default difficulty is fairly balanced. Nice sense of challenge overall with a few tough sections, but nothing that really puts lines of concentrated focus on your brow. You get attacked by one or two bots at a time, and damage is pretty forgiving.

On Veteran difficulty, get ready to get smacked around. The AI is extremely aggressive. Precision maneuvering is a must, and power configurations must be constant. (That's not true of every engagement, but if you're pressed, you will die very quickly unless you are managing every system on your ship, working with your AI wingmates, prioritizing targets, and using missiles and what not on the right targets at the right time. I was honestly a bit shocked at how vicious the AI was being. When you get hit with 3 wings of TIEs...it feels like you're insanely outnumbered and fighting just to survive.)

Max difficulty is insane. 2-3 hits can blow a TIE. Maybe 5 for shielded craft. One solid turret hit from a Star Destroyer, and you're gone. Everything is suddenly made of glass -- you and them.

What I noticed most, though, is that the AI is not doing the classic "make one pass at you, then turn 180° to offer you their six and just weakly weave a bit until you kill them." AI fighters will use maneuverability to out-turn you. They will hammer on you if you're in their sights as well as use ordnance the instant they have a lock. Interceptors will strafe you, then boost out of range...and if you're foolish enough to tail chase them, their two wingmates will suddenly drop behind you and open up at the same time. Charge a capital ship without reinforced shields, and you'll be dead in literal seconds.

Overall, it's excellent. You'll definitely learn how to handle your craft for multiplayer. If anything, don't be expecting a "nice slow start". The first tutorial mission will have you trying to take out turbolaser turrets while fending off two entire squadrons of X-Wings. (I recommend Veteran if you're into sims -- it feels white-knuckle in all the right ways.)

Oo. OO. I'll take this one:

The default difficulty is fairly balanced. Nice sense of challenge overall with a few tough sections, but nothing that really puts lines of concentrated focus on your brow. You get attacked by one or two bots at a time, and damage is pretty forgiving.

On Veteran difficulty, get ready to get smacked around. The AI is extremely aggressive. Precision maneuvering is a must, and power configurations must be constant. (That's not true of every engagement, but if you're pressed, you will die very quickly unless you are managing every system on your ship, working with your AI wingmates, prioritizing targets, and using missiles and what not on the right targets at the right time. I was honestly a bit shocked at how vicious the AI was being. When you get hit with 3 wings of TIEs...it feels like you're insanely outnumbered and fighting just to survive.)

Max difficulty is insane. 2-3 hits can blow a TIE. Maybe 5 for shielded craft. One solid turret hit from a Star Destroyer, and you're gone. Everything is suddenly made of glass -- you and them.

What I noticed most, though, is that the AI is not doing the classic "make one pass at you, then turn 180° to offer you their six and just weakly weave a bit until you kill them." AI fighters will use maneuverability to out-turn you. They will hammer on you if you're in their sights as well as use ordnance the instant they have a lock. Interceptors will strafe you, then boost out of range...and if you're foolish enough to tail chase them, their two wingmates will suddenly drop behind you and open up at the same time. Charge a capital ship without reinforced shields, and you'll be dead in literal seconds.

Overall, it's excellent. You'll definitely learn how to handle your craft for multiplayer. If anything, don't be expecting a "nice slow start". The first tutorial mission will have you trying to take out turbolaser turrets while fending off two entire squadrons of X-Wings. (I recommend Veteran if you're into sims -- it feels white-knuckle in all the right ways.)
Ah, cool, cool...think I might pick it up then. Thanks for the heads up!

Guest 4416959

Persona 5 The Royal, Final Fantasy: The Zodiac Age, and Nier: Automata. I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077!

Top Bottom