What game are you currently playing

+
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - it's been in my backlog for a while now and I've heard good things about it. It was a toss-up between this and Pillars of Eternity 2. So far, I'm surprised by how bland the writing is. I've seen reviews praising that aspect, so I'm just very confused. I'm only at the very start of the game, so perhaps it gets better later on?

Gameplay-wise it's pretty solid, I like the customizable difficulty settings (don't understand why more games don't do this) and the offer of fully-functioning TB and RTwP combat options. I've decided to play it in turn-based mode, which I believe was not originally included in the game, and it's done so well, that I couldn't tell it wasn't a core feature. I understand there's also a Kingdom management feature of some sort, which is supposed to be very robust, but I've not reached that point yet. The exploration of the world map and the camp implementation are quite nice. Very good translation of the P&P game.

For what it's worth I find Kingmaker to be the better game to both PoE 1 and PoE 2. From a story perspective it does not however reach the heights of great first person /protagonist stories of some of the older rpg classics - ie FNV (and F0 pre FNV, peak bioware, etc)- I think writing style in Kingmaker is more from a bird's eye epic perspective rather than a "main hero" facing a personal problem perspective. And yeah the "kingdom" in pathfinder is as much a protagonist as your main character. I do think that on "unfair" mode the dlc in that game (Varnhold's Lot) is probably one of the if not the most challenging experiences in isometric rpgs.
Since there are no spoilers and really and the DLC is kind of a prequal to the main campaign I actually recommend playing it before the main game because the dlc is shorter, swifter paced and gets one into the setting.

Guest 3847602

Hitman 3 (already a strong GOTY candidate for me) and Age of Empires 2 DE. I'm keeping my eye on The Medium and will give it a try once performance issues are resolved.

Im currently playing a few as and when I can but mostly cp2077 and RDR2

XBox one S -Cyberpunk (last mission outstanding) completing side missions & quests currently

Red Dead Redemption 2 (2nd play through) about to go to guarma

Mafia Definitive Edition - Just Started

XBox 360 Red dead redemption (2nd play through)

Mafia II

CP2077
Satisfactory
No Man's Sky
Dyson Sphere Program
Subnautica
Spacehaven
Pillars of eternity
Stellaris
Frostpunk

In no particular order and time permitting

Tried to get back at GTAV and RD2 but the limitation of how to do a quest is killing me. So I started Ultimate Skyrim, now we are talking.

Just waiting for more CP2077 patches and DLC and I will gladly do another playthrough.

Zelda BotW expert mode (darn it it's hard); Dying light the Following (lovely stuff); Phasmophobia, with mates (beta version, obviously); Tabletop Simulator (Testing a friend's game, going well-ish).

Also testing new CP77 updates as they come throught, and saddened it's no quite fixed yet.

I am waiting on a PS5 to finally replay Demon's Souls. I wish that they would bring it to PC but they won't.

Picked up Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 Definitivfe editions pretty darng cheap so playing through them.

Been a long while since i played games like these an it taking a bit of getting used to but enjoying it tbh, playng them has taught so far how much im used to quest markers an no using my brain

Last edited:
I'm playing CP 2077 and Demon's Souls at the moment, oh and I just loaded The Witcher 3 and I'll give it a whirl and see if I like it. I only paid $10 for it so I might just wait until it's remastered for the PS5, I haven't decided yet.

I have started Dragon Age Inquisition. Man, what a game. A little old but just the intro quest was ten times better than CP2077. The detail in conversations, how the world changes around you, dialogue becomes complex depending on how you approach certain quests. The character customization is deep as hell. All those armor creation / modification items you can find are really diverse, there's a LOT of things to do outside quests. What can i say, i'm having a really good time with it.

Top Bottom