What game are you currently playing

+
Could not resist picking up Season: A Letter to the Future.

Thought it would be a great break from, and contrast to, the Dead Space remake.

It is and it is purdy like Dead Space too (albeit at the opposite end of the purdy spectrum).

Very relaxing.

Well, I would like to be playing Hogwarts Legacy since I preloaded it yesterday, but looks the release broke Steam. Play button is greyed out and "new update" changes from downloadable to "app not released yet". Oh bummer, I was hoping that i could have played just a little bit before going to work :giveup:

Maybe another try tomorrow then.

Code Vein.

Was heavily discounted on the Xbox store so thought "why not?" I remember playing it initially when it came out but dropped it rather quickly. It's alright; an average soulslike with an animé aesthetic - stiff combat and some truly awful level design (one area called the Cathedral of the Sacred Blood became notorious very quickly). I'm aiming to finish it this time, but we'll see.

Well, I would like to be playing Hogwarts Legacy since I preloaded it yesterday, but looks the release broke Steam. Play button is greyed out and "new update" changes from downloadable to "app not released yet". Oh bummer, I was hoping that i could have played just a little bit before going to work :giveup:

Maybe another try tomorrow then.

Heh, I was lucky enough for it to unpack just fine starting 1:00PM on the 7th. Got sorted into a house and then didn't have enough time to game until late yesterday. I wasted the entire early access lol. Not that it matters in such a game anyway. It was just annoying knowing it was there and I couldn't play. I had to adult :rolleyes:

I was originally going to skip the game entirely as I didn't think it would be any good. Then all the controversy surrounding it made it appear everywhere and after watching a few gameplay videos, I decided to give it a try and I have to say, it is good. Surprisingly so. The attention to detail alone is astounding but all of the systems are very well made. There is still much I have to access but I am very surprised. I was half expecting to refund it and it's turning into a really strong release.

A few graphical oddities here and there and some terrible performance dips here and there that I can't justify considering my hardware and Avalanche's own system requirements but those will get better in due time.

Just watched some gameplay videos of Hogwarts Legacy today too... It popup on my Xbox homes creen since a little while, so I decided to take a look after Sunsibar post :giggle:
And without being a huge fan of Harry Potter, it seem pretty good. So I bought it and download it right now (not sure when I'll play it, some games that I want to beat before...)
Someone played to Medieval Dynasty? Downloaded the game demo, but didn't played yet (seem fun, at least).

Just watched some gameplay videos of Hogwarts Legacy today too... It popup on my Xbox homes creen since a little while, so I decided to take a look after Sunsibar post :giggle:
And without being a huge fan of Harry Potter, it seem pretty good. So I bought it and download it right now (not sure when I'll play it, some games that I want to beat before...)
Someone played to Medieval Dynasty? Downloaded the game demo, but didn't played yet (seem fun, at least).

For the record, not a Potter fan myself either. The game's setting of a teenager wizard in school isn't really my cup of tea either. The gameplay did it for me. Avalanche software isn't a studio I had paid attention to in decades. Since the N64 in fact but it's definitely a studio I will look out for in the future. This a game for fans and non-fans alike. Very solid.

Plus, from what I saw, the performance issues are limited to PC and our extra graphic options. Should run wonderfully on your Xbox.

As for Medieval Dynasty.... Can't say I'd recommend it. They forgot the dynasty part and it gets stale very fast in my opinion. The "end game" is reached far too quickly. May change my mind in the future with future patch but as it stands, I was very disappointed.

Hogwart's Legacy was a kind of on my radar game. After the glowing reviews I pre-ordered it. Sadly I have been running a fever the last few days and haven't been able to give it a try yet. But I am hoping it can keep me entertained until Resident Evil 4 Remake, Starfield, Phantom Liberty and Baldur's Gate 3... because with those four coming out this is probably my most "hyped" year of games ever.

I'm a pretty avid reader, but never read the Potter books. I watched the movies though and after the first couple they were pretty good. So it will be fun to revisit that universe even though I certainly never blurted out after seeing one of them "Oh, I sure wish I could have been a wizard school kid!".

Playing Hogwards, its ok i guess. ALOT of collect this and do this challange but the setting and main story are pretty decent so far. Looks pretty nice too with RT and maxed out settings :D

I only ever read one fo the HP books, too many other books that need to be read. Did watch the movies and I enjoy the setting. So yes, playing Hogwarts Legacy. The school feels very familiar eventhough its a maze. Fortunatly I dont get punished for arriving late in class here.

I'm thinking about Hogwarts, but I think I'll give it a few months and see where it goes. Looks fairly good from what I've watched of the gameplay, though.

I'm thinking about Hogwarts, but I think I'll give it a few months and see where it goes. Looks fairly good from what I've watched of the gameplay, though.
Theres been alot of performance issues on PC and the game is very badly optimised. Im seeing 16 gb vram usage often but im able too bruteforce it just like i did with Cp2077 at release. Updating the DLSS file helps alot too, now i got 120+ fps at 4k max settings almost all the time (occasional drops in very heavy parts) Its not cp levels of pretty but its pretty close and since its UE its kinda impressive tbh. Havent hade any gamplay bugs so far.

After playing the opening few hours of Hogwart's Legacy any fear I had of CDPR moving to Unreal Engine has pretty much been squashed. That game is made in Unreal Engine 4 and is every bit the open world/cinematic game that The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 are. Not saying it is as good as those games, just saying that I could see any of those games functioning on that same engine.

As stated above the one problem I have seen so far is overall optimization.

I am trying to do a Honor Mode run with my son of Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition.....yeah, it just killed and wiped a 20 hour save because we died.....

Top Bottom