What game are you currently playing

+

Forum veteran
Sorcery for Android. It's basically a choose-your-own-adventure game adapted from books that came out in the... eighties, I think? It's pretty interesting so far. I've heard it's short, but that its length is redeemed by a bunch of different endings. We'll see. We'll see.

EDIT: Nope. It doesn't have an ending. Just a "give us another 5 dollars for the next game and then you'll have half of our planned four-part story" screen. That's 20 bucks for a mobile game by the time all the parts come out. Screw that.

Last edited:
I have gone back to 5 years ago and decided to play Dragon Age Origins again.

Reason? Dragon Age 3 is coming out soon... so I decided to go back and play DAO... because... well... I actually never finished it, even though I pumped 152 hours into it. I stopped playing just befor going to the Landsmeet (only had a less then a handfull of sidequests to do).

So, as I said, I intend to playthrough DAO + all the DLC's, then DA2 + all DLC (which I did not play actually), in preperations for DA3.

So far, during the past 3 weeks, I have pumped 112 hours into the game. I am done with 3 of the main quests so far (the ones taking place in Circle Tower, Orzemmar, and Brecilian Forest), and I am halfway through the 4th one (Redcliff).

Like my original save I am again playing a Human Warrior, his main talent tree is the Shield one (I have taken all of them). I was considering just load up my old saves and continue from there, but felt that it was so long ago I played it (at the very least 3 years ago since I played it) that starting over felt better to refresh my memory of it.

As of right now I am sceptical that I will manage to play through both of the games, and all their DLC's, befor DA3 comes out though... just based on the fact of how I play games like this (games in general actually). I will spend a lot of time making sure I have done everything in it, run around and check in every possible place to find stuff, do every single quest I can do, steal absolutly EVERYTHING not nailed down, including pickpocketing every single regular npc I come across (not included enemies in combat though).

This is unfortunatly also the reason why I often do not finish a lot of RPG's, because I usually play my self tired of the game befor I reach the end, or play it long enough for some other game to come around where I think "Oh, must play!" and sort of forget to finish the previous one first. XD

Well of course next month we have Destiny coming out which i never played a game from bungie,but i will be giving destiny a try at least it looks like it should have a nice Singleplayer story. I wanted give Risen 3 titan lords a try, but i'm saving for october and november not to mention i've invested in The order 1886 which is full single player game what are your thoughs on The order 1886 and or what game are you looking forward to playing soon?

I have gone back to 5 years ago and decided to play Dragon Age Origins again.

Reason? Dragon Age 3 is coming out soon... so I decided to go back and play DAO... because... well... I actually never finished it, even though I pumped 152 hours into it. I stopped playing just befor going to the Landsmeet (only had a less then a handfull of sidequests to do).

Well, if you run out of time and can't manage all of them, I'd recommend DA:A.

I liked DA:A.
Currently FINALLY playing DA2 because I want to get a feel for the player decisions made during the game to be able to create a Keep history that reflects the history of Thedas I want.
When DA2 first came out I couldn't afford it and by the time I could the negative opinions of it among the gaming community led me to believe it wasn't worth playing.
Fortunately the combat pause feature still exists (on PC anyway, I'd gotten the impression it had been totally removed in DA2) and while the dialog wheel doesn't thrill me with its' little "hints" that this or that player reply will be responded to in this or that way (talk about dumbing down a game) the game is worth playing, at least at the current $20 price. But I don't find it nearly as enjoyable as I did DA1.

I really enjoyed that game until my play station 4 controller r2 broke and it was still fun but much harder especially when trying to use stealth and not shooting your gun.

Even if I don't finish in time I will continue to play them untill I am done, befor I go on to DA3. I prefer to finish earlier games in a series then just jump in in the middle or the end. It does not of course aplie to all games, but games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age (to name a few), feels wrong to just skipping a game and go on to the next. That's partly why I never played DA2, because I was not done with DAO yet.

If I take the Mass Effect example again (since I have finished those games)... the next time I feel like diving into that game series I would start at 1... it would not feel right to just jump in and start playing 3 or somehting. I feel that they have to be played in order, and not skip any of the games. Same goes for Dragon Age. Now... the DLC's in Dragon Age... where the DLC is a standalone game, where it is not actually part of the main game, those I can skip usually. As long as I have atleast played them one time befor. Unless of course they somehow are relevant and might effect the following main game somehow (where for exaple my main save game can be used to import to the DLC, and once I am done with the DLC I can import that DLC save to import to the next full game).

I guess this is more of a "thing" now with what Bioware has been doing, where importing your save data to the next game in the series does effect atleast a little on the next game. Of course ME is even more so then DA, seeing as your not actually playing the same character between DAO to DA2... and I asuming not either for DA3... unless you roleplay it that way by playing Hawke from DA2 in both DA1 and 3.

I even heard Bioware has been working on a program or something which will somehow track everything that has been done in your playthrough, to easier then be used for the following game in a series (so you do not actually have to replay every single time if you just want to change one thing you did in a earlie game). Or possibly let you answer loads and loads of questions what you did in a certain playthrough so you do not have to play the previous games at all. And due to it, it will even work crossplatform, because you do not have to deal with the problem that inporting saves from one platform to another is (as far as I know) impossible. Think it was called Dragon Age Keep, or something like that.

Yeah... that is the name. Dragon Age Keep article.

Diablo 3 was....fun and disappointing. It wasn't rainbows and bright colours, but it wasn't particularly Gothic, compared to Diablo 1, for example. Let's not go into the AH debacle. Fun game, but not the best.

I disapprove of the artistic turn Blizzard took /w Warcraft III.

Warcraft I & II, Starcraft 1 & old school RTS had a violent, surrealistic, bloody vibe to them.
With Warcraft III. Blizzard games became a giant cartoon and became quite different in tone and it's a shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom