What game are you currently playing

+
Playing some Alien: Isolation on the recommendation of...oh, goddamn it. Now I have to look it up in the Style thread...Sammael55.

Anyway, good game. Really good setting and style, but I don't know how long I'll play after they start scaring me. I hate that shit. I also hate that apparently SPOILER we can't kill the fucking thing.

I am a Cyberpunk player... we're pretty DAMn sure you can kil anything if you try hard enough.

It's also really weird for me as a Ref. Back in the day, I ran the Aliens RPG. Which is a great PnP RPG and LOADED with details from the Alien/s universe. Cultures, gear, travel, corporates, etc. Alien lifecycle. http://www.waynesbooks.com/aliens.html Also read the Dark Horse comics, graphic novels, etc. Pretty familiar with the setting.

So as I play this game, the whole horrible sequence plays through. Let's see...no Queen present yet, so this first one will be on it's way to being a Queen. First it'll eat nearly anything to grow. It'll be smart and getting smarter...only real chance to kill it is early on, unless you have military weapons or, you know, a ship's engines. Traps work, using other humans as bait works...explosives help, or decompressing it into vaccuum then frying it from range as it drifts...

And all that means NOTHING. Because it's unkillable. Sigh.

Other than that, great game.

Playing some Alien: Isolation on the recommendation of...oh, goddamn it. Now I have to look it up in the Style thread...Sammael55.

Anyway, good game. Really good setting and style, but I don't know how long I'll play after they start scaring me. I hate that shit. I also hate that apparently SPOILER we can't kill the fucking thing.

I am a Cyberpunk player... we're pretty DAMn sure you can kil anything if you try hard enough.

It's also really weird for me as a Ref. Back in the day, I ran the Aliens RPG. Which is a great PnP RPG and LOADED with details from the Alien/s universe. Cultures, gear, travel, corporates, etc. Alien lifecycle. http://www.waynesbooks.com/aliens.html Also read the Dark Horse comics, graphic novels, etc. Pretty familiar with the setting.

So as I play this game, the whole horrible sequence plays through. Let's see...no Queen present yet, so this first one will be on it's way to being a Queen. First it'll eat nearly anything to grow. It'll be smart and getting smarter...only real chance to kill it is early on, unless you have military weapons or, you know, a ship's engines. Traps work, using other humans as bait works...explosives help, or decompressing it into vaccuum then frying it from range as it drifts...

And all that means NOTHING. Because it's unkillable. Sigh.

Other than that, great game.

You can't kill the Alien, the only thing you can do is trying to hide somewhere (this game is actually a closet simulation, and the post-it decoration is quite good), otherwise, you're just:

Only molotov cocktails and flamethrower can make it "go away"

Tho, I found the cyborgs way more scary than the alien.... their bland face and the "let we help us" as they thrash you out every time they get you is damn annoying haha (sure, you can outrun them... but what's the point when you don't know where you're running to?)

Anyway, what do you expect from an hide & survive - survival horror?
It would be like playing "Slenderman", your screen goes crazy and being all "Ho here you are you lil bastard?" and kicking his ass lol
It has to be invincible in order to give you a "rollercoaster" ride the whole game.

Anyway, yes, I loved the game too, looking forward a sequel (with killable Aliens this time :/ ), and I don't know where you are in the game, but the end is totally enjoyable and thrilling, I really digged it.

Anyway, what do you expect from an hide & survive - survival horror?

Well, I try not to look at games TOO much like they are genres. After all, the genre came after the game - why can't the game define itself?

I am often disappointed.

So, you kill the Alien. It takes you some clever and/or lucky planning but you actually manage to kill the thing. How cool is that?

Now what happens? Well, there was another Egg...but you don't find this out for another twenty minutes or so. Or, there were two Aliens all along. Or, the game goes into Ironman mode from now on. Or, half an hour from now, your chest start to REALLY THROB and you remember that cutscene where you blacked out from your injuries...

Maybe the game is suddenly over! YOU WON AT LIFE crawls across the scene followed by text..."BUT HOW WILL YOU GET HOME NOW AND WAS THAT THE ONLY XENOMORPH AND IS THAT HISSING BEHIND YOU..?"

And then fade to credits.

Even better, the game randomly picks one of these to inflict on you.

Well, I can't say much without spoiling the game lol.
But yeah it could have worked, tho they probably tried to get the "feel" of the first movie where the Alien is the invincible threat, and it's pretty well done IMO.
Just hopping for a more "Alien vs Predator" (the old one) aproach for the next one, with killeable Aliens, etc...
Anyway, there aren't any "military" gun on sebastopol, I barely used my guns the whole game :/ spent sometimes half an hour in a closet, waiting for the Alien to leave me alone.

Just a tips tho, when you see humans, don't try to kill them, just make a noise bomb and send them the Alien, it gives you all the time you need to run to your objective.

At least, even with it's inacuracy, it's still one of the best Alien game ever made, so I'm pretty fine with it, looking for a better sequel (and the DLC don't add anything, they're just extra-level, so don't expect a lot of replay value :/)

Last edited:
Just a tips tho, when you see humans, don't try to kill them, just make a noise bomb and send them the Alien, it gives you all the time you need to run to your objective.

At least, even with it's inacuracy, it's still one of the best Alien game ever made, so I'm pretty fine with it, looking for a better sequel (and the DLC don't add anything, they're just extra-level, so don't expect a lot of replay value :/)

Oh, I'm looking forwards to playing more. I'm running it on 6400x1600 across three screens at max details. It's immersive as HELL.

Whiiiich means scary as hell. Compounded by my insistence that I play at night, in a quiet house. Yeah.

THIS is why I never finished Outlast. Or Amnesia. Because I am a pussy.

The attention to detail really makes the game, though. If I could talk to CDPR, (which I sort of can, but only the Net guys, who think I'm nuts, and keep the devs well away for some reason) I would make sure they all played at least an hour of Isolation to really see what a difference, immersion-wise, the attention to detail makes.

Really dig in and hyper-realise the in-game world and objects therein, guys. It pays off so richly.6

Think I'll pick up Matrix Games "War in the West" sometime after the first of the year.

Still Currently playing far cry 4, spending most of my time on the 5v5 multiplayer rank 169 out of millions of players on outpost mode so as you can see trying to climb the leaderboard baby. Also if you want to see a good youtube channel for your gaming needs try out Soflygames I've been working with them for a while i appreciate your time. I wish i could play Sardukhar in a 1v1 match on far cry as my christmas present.

I wish i could play Sardukhar in a 1v1 match on far cry as my christmas present.

Ahahaha! Like I'd want my face smashed in by a top 1% or whatever player. A lot.

Actually, that might be fun. But, no. It might make someone happy and I hates that. Hates.

Actually, that might be fun. But, no. It might make someone happy and I hates that. Hates.

Contrary to general belief I have zero issues with getting my tush handed to me in PvP, frequently.
Strange person that I am I dislike having it happen 99% of the time and/or game controls that make it impossible for me to be competitive.
I love tactical type games.

Currently playing Fight the dragon on steam it is an amazing game please check it out guys on steam.

I played Beyond Earth during the free weekend.

Very disappointed. Gameplay has been simplified, and there is none of the narrative charm that Alpha centauri had. The reviews that said that the faction leaders are lifeless cardboard copies of one another are to the point.
It is also tends to be very defensive due to the cities now having integrated defenses.

I am glad I did not spend 26$ on it.

Shadowrun Dragonfall DC at the moment. It's nice. Good mood, good flow so far, decent mechanics, decent writing, looks good, music is great for the setting. Maybe lacking a bit on the world and NPC interactivity (no interactions with anything but the specifically designated objects/people), so it kinda wastes some opportunity for exploration of the hubs there. Also never was a fan of mixing scifi with Tolkienic fantasy, but it's not a big deal.

Been playing A LOT of Rimworld during the last 1-2 months. Actually I have been playing a lot of RimWorld during the last year or so, amongst a lot of other games to. Just that during the last month or two it has only been RimWorld.

Part of the reason why is that I do like these kinds of games... but a very big reason to is that it is a game I can play at the same time as I am watching series/movies/anime/youtube/etc, or listening to podcasts/audiobooks. A large part of it is that there is pause in the game... which is essential for me to be able to play it and watch/listen to other stuff at the same time. But another large reason is that I do not have to invest the same amount, and kind, of focus on the game (atleast not all the time).

Certain games needs me to put all my focus on them to be able to "properly" play them, Because if I had something else going on at the same time, watching/listening to something else, then both the game and the thing I am watching/listening to would suffer greatly from it since I would miss a lot. Then there are a few/certain games here and there that I am able to play and watch/listen/do to other stuff at the same time, where only occationally my focus get so hard on one of the things that I miss something.

In addition to Shadowrun: DF-DC, I'm starting Lords of Xulima, which at least initially seems plenty fun; though who knows where it ends up.

Yes, I played one of the early public beta's (way before Steam early access was even a thing). It most likely has changed since then, but I'm waiting for the game to be finished.

What I'm playing right now:
-Dragon Age: Inquisition, second playthrough
-Planetside 2, generally only during sunday outfit ops, but I'm starting to lose interest as SOE keeps screwing things up and not fixing anything
-Mass Effect series, was planning on starting a new playthrough on Friday

What's upcoming in the near future:
-Evolve, played alpha and beta and had an absolute blast. Most fun I've had in a game in a long time. TRS did a really good job.
-Elite: Dangerous, apparently there's a free combat sim part of the game that I'll likely give a try. If I like it I might buy it, if not I don't lose anything.
-Depending on how long it takes me to get bored of Evolve, might install Fallout: New Vegas with a bunch of mods

I generally only get weekends to play games, if I'm lucky an hour a day during the week tops, so I try to stay focused into one single player game at a time until I get bored and rotate around to something with replayability (hence why I'm potentially starting an ME playthrough while having an open playthrough of DA:I). And once Evolve drops there's nothing even on my radar until Witcher 3, and after that even less until I see what Star Wars: Battlefront ends up being like, unless some news drops about CP2077, Star Citizen, or Mass Effect 4. I was watching Rainbow Six: Siege and The Division, but after how awful Watchdogs and AC:U were, I'm staying away from ubisoft for a while.

I played Max payne 3 recently since it was on special.

Disappointed. Really. Cutscene every two seconds. Silly story. Horrible maps.

I do think the first max payne was the best iteration. However now, a story about revenge got somehow turned about a story about bros and saving some decadent bimbo.

Overrated game and a fairly mediocre cover-based shooter. Think DX3 if DX3 was a long series of corridors interspersed by cutscnes. but its not like the press was going to give a bad rating to a AAA game.

Max Payne 3 tried to be a Hollywood movie and it failed miserably.

Last edited:
Top Bottom