What game are you currently playing

+
@Sardukhar Yeah, you really don't get a lot of story and it's very very barebone game in many aspects.

I do find the battles to be very much lacking in variety and the economy is not very robust. I'm now past 35 hours, and I don't think I'll go past the 40th one.

For all its shortcomings however, it's pretty much the only game in its category worth mentioning. It does kind of give a glimpse into a glorious gaming future. Given the good press, it might create a new genre of its own. We'll see.

Maybe they can have fixed some of those various things for M&B2. They showed some footage of it on Gamescom this year... and it certainly looks better if anything.

As for what I have been playing? I actually went and pulled out my PS2 intending to play Final Fantasy X... but I could not find my FFX no matter how hard I looked... I had FFX-2... but not FFX... somewhat disapointing. So, it seems like I will have to buy it... but since I do not have any money untill the 25th I will have to wait to do that. And seeing as I did not feel like waiting that long to play FFX, or an FF game at all... I decided to pull out FFXII instead, and have pounded out a bit pover 115 hours into that one so far over the past 10 or so days. XD

I started my gaming on consoles, and FFVII was the game that compleaytly changed me as a gamer, into the gamer I am today. And the last time I even played one of the FF games on my PS2 was around 2008 (according to my memory card). For the majority of the last 10 or so years I have mainly, and almost only, a PC gamer. So as I fired up the game, and started playing, I about an hour or two into the game had a realization... a... feeling... that I had suddenly found and filled a void in my gaming, an empty void I did not even realize I had. I realized just how much I missed playing this style of RPG, the JRPG style... games like FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12... or another one of my favorits, the amazing JRPG series of Suikoden... And a few others on top of that.

Other then that... I am just biding my time untill I can get my hands on Blood Bowl 2, Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided... but most importantly... XCOM 2... that game is... it is my most anticipated game of the year, of the last few years actually.

And imagin, now with the mod tools and all that going to be fully available to the community for XCOM2... just imagin what kinds of mods we could get from that... all the IP's we could see things from. Imagin a full Warhammer 40K mod... or a BattleTech mod... and of course... a Cyberpunk mod for the game... that could be awesome! :D

Last edited:
I am playing a game called Toy Soldiers, it was a gift and I was sure I wouldn't like it, but it is not so bad. It is a nice enough game to kill some time with, but I don't think it has much replayability value. It certainly isn't a game that I would say "Hey, I feel like playing it again, I am going to install it." or whatever in the future.

Hotline miami. In about 4 hours, I reached the 14th chapter. Interesting game, but somewhat frustrating.

Worth a single playthrough I think as that's what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Finally playing Dragonfall. It's okay so far (several hours in), but I honestly don't like it as much as Shadowrun Returns yet. The combat is annoying because everyone has grenades, you have a team you don't have to pay for some reason whereas even Coyote needed to be paid for many missions in SR, and the characters are way more outright good or outright evil. Plus the open world seriously drags down the pacing, many of the missions are just too long for their own good, and the NPCs are constantly masturbating my character's ego as though I were the lovechild of Jesus and Mufasa come down from heaven to save them.

Decent so far, but I expected way more out of it. People seriously oversold it. Or maybe it gets amazing at some point. I clearly haven't reached that point yet.

At first, I really wanted to play Fallout Shelter, I don't know why, but I just keep delaying it.. For some reason, I just can't bring myself to play it until Fallout 4 comes out.

It looks like it would be fun to play it though:

Attachments

• Fallout-Shelter-5.jpg
    Fallout-Shelter-5.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 44
Sounds like life.

How is WAR treating you? I levelled a Mara to 10 this weekend. COolest debuff ever.

I switched over to a Warrior Priest, got him to 5 atm. Will happily crack on with my Black Orc as soon a I am sure that dead npc's aren't going to keep killing me.

I switched over to a Warrior Priest, got him to 5 atm. Will happily crack on with my Black Orc as soon a I am sure that dead npc's aren't going to keep killing me.

Yeah, that seems mostly an issue in starting zones. Just re-kill the dead thing with Tab target.

Off to my Bright Wizard this morning.

Just got back into the game called thief and about to beat it again, then heading towards mad max with a little far cry 4 and the crew every know any then as a break.

Pillars of Eternity (finally gotten to it properly) and Shadowrun Hong Kong. Both good, but SR obviously better for the turnbased combat.

Pillars of Eternity (finally gotten to it properly) and Shadowrun Hong Kong. Both good, but SR obviously better for the turnbased combat.

Obviously.

Kofe! Kofe!

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about this.

Go download Mercurial, the Shadowrun UGC. Do it right now!

It's prettttyyyyy cool. Lots of neat ideas and throwback moments there.

Try a few different etiquettes and see all the different responses, for example.

Hint: you can -totally- skip ahead of the plot by being either clever or overly persistent. Don't! Or, if you do, laugh in apopreciation and then go back and do more stuff.

I'm really impressed with what they've done.

Got my hands on some games that I entirely missed a long time ago or that were on my list called "must-play ... at-one-time-or-another". ;)
So, now it's finally time for Persona 3, Shadowhearts Covenant and Valkyria Chronicles.

Top Bottom