What games are you looking forward to?

+
GibbGeralt said:
You actually enjoyed the first Wasteland, despite only playing it recently? Wow, you really have an open mind. The game looks like it was made in paint. I literally laughed out loud when i first heard of Wasteland 2 and decided to check out it's predecessor. It looked like it played like a pre-alpha build of Pokemon Red.

Looking forward to the sequel though. If you can call it that, it's more like a reboot.

Well come on it was released in 1988. They didn't even have enough room to put all the games dialogue in the game! You actually had a book with you to read at the right time.
Wasteland 1 is coming with Wasteland 2 and I know it's...ugly but it come on it gave birth to a genre and eventually Fallout.

Guest 2091327

There is one game I really look forward to.

Carmageddon.

Played that game sooooo much back in the day, but unfortunately it doesn't work any more, so I look forward to the re-release on GOG :)

Vinterberg said:
Torchlight 2 (!!!!)
Dishonored
Metro: Last Light
The Dream Machine: Chapters 4+5

Wishing for:
Limbo 2

Oh yeah, I forgot. I've been waiting for the last two episodes of The Dream Machine for MONTHS! Hope they get done soon, it really is a one of a kind game. It was my wife, actually, who asked me to buy it :p

Vinterberg said:
You actually enjoyed the first Wasteland, despite only playing it recently? Wow, you really have an open mind. The game looks like it was made in paint. I literally laughed out loud when i first heard of Wasteland 2 and decided to check out it's predecessor. It looked like it played like a pre-alpha build of Pokemon Red.

Looking forward to the sequel though. If you can call it that, it's more like a reboot.

I don't think Wasteland looks "bad", considering how old it is. Also I grew up playing games like Prince of Persia (from 1989) and Maniac Mansion, so I'm fine with those graphics. I like cool flashy graphics just like anybody else, but I started playing games with a 16 or 256 color palette and 320x240 resolution, so I really don't have a problem with that. It is the actual game mechanics, narration, fun factor, etc that matters the most to me. I even like the text-based rogue clones like Nethack :)

Am I the only one of us here that is looking forward to of orcs and men. I it seems like a good spin on the crpg genre since you are playing an orc and a goblin.

For now i ain't waiting for any game, and it makes me feel so old ;)
actually the only game in past few years i was waiting for was diablo3, but it i guess it was more curiosity than excitement.
And yeah, i sometimes recall these good 'ol times when i used to play games like flasback, dungeon master, micro machines, cannon fodder, franko the crazy revenge, gta, gta2, etc, etc.

Oh wait, i found something i'm waiting for.
I'm waiting for times when i'll be able to play FFXIII

For now just Dishonored. The Kickstarter projects are anyway next year, and the year is somehow dragging.

A lot even though I already have too many to catch up on :p Here are the ones that seem closest to release:

• StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
  • South Park RPG
  • Tomb Raider
  • Bioshock: Infinite
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Project Eternity

I'd like to see Dawn of War 3 and Dark Millenium but the new THQ president doesn't seem like 40k fan to me, though they should still have the deal with Games Workshop.

CoH 2 doesn't look bad but I'm not a fan of WW2 games anymore because there is simply too many of them.

There's honestly not that much to look forward to for me except Assassin's Creed 3. I just hope Ubisoft doesn't fuck this up as badly as BioWare did ME3. There are certainly more games I'd like to play, but I'm not impatient about it.

Cradle
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (comes out tomorrow, hope it delivers)
Dishonored (I really hope it will be as good as it looks)
The Last of Us
Watch Dogs
Bioshock Infinite
Reset
Broken Sword 5
Everybody´s gone to the Rapture
Cradle Song

...The Last Guardian

Assassin’s Creed III
Borderlands 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Hitman: Absolution
Of Orcs and Men
The Witness
War of the Roses

TBA titles:
Cyberpunk
World of Darkness MMO

I'm looking forward to the following games:

Far Cry 3

I enjoyed the hell out of Far Cry 2, as broken and hideously badly designed as it was, and am looking forward to Far Cry 3. FC2 had a lot of potential and a lot of good ideas that were executed terribly poorly. Hopefully the sequel will improve upon every aspect FC2 got wrong.

Hitman: Absolution

I haven't played much of Hitman, Silent Assassin is shit, skipped Contracts, absolutely love Blood Money and I'm willing to give Absolution a chance. I pre ordered the collectors edition and got to try the Sniper Challenge. It was fun. Damn fun actually. In fact, if the game itself is like that small preview, I think it will be amazing. Back to basics. Tactics, strategy, timing, balancing risky ideas with pragmatic solutions and of course, the song they used for that mission is orgasmic. So yeah, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Assassin's Creed III

AssCreed stopped being good a long time ago. But I look forward to seeing how the shit all over the ending. It's going to be fun to experience how Ubisoft tries to do something artsy fartsy, pretentious, snobby shit ending, aping ME3 to create controversy and subsequently traffic to their website.

And hey, who knows. I could be wrong. Maybe it can actually be good. Probably not though.

Dishonoured

Dishonoured looks interesting. A game that could actually have real pacing and encourage stealthy and smart play? Sign me up.

Ground Zeroes
Revengeance

You know, I'm not a MGS fan anymore, but I can't lie. These games make me excited as hell. They seem to be a breath of fresh air in the industry. Now I can't play console games atm so I'll be missing out on Revengeance but damnit I want to play it!

Blacklist

You can probably see a pattern here by now ^^ I'm a huge fan of stealth games. Conviction was pretty shitty, but I loved the coop. So... Yeah I don't know. I'm keeping my eyes on this baby but who knows. It might be good, but it's probably going to be dogshit.

And that's it for now I think. If I think of any other games, I'll make sure to add them as they come to me.

Edit 1:

Okay, a couple of more games.

Watch Dogs

That trailer does look really awesome but the techy spy stuff look dumbed down and very easy to do. I guess you could argue that it's more about the story and atmosphere. The first I know nothing about and the latter, yeah I can get behind that. What kills the trailer for me though is the last part of it - the fucking shootout. Granted, it's not that generic, it's interesting to see how you move between the cars and everything. I don't know, I'm looking forward to seeing more from this game.

Last of Us

Pros - The combat, atmosphere and landscape. Cons - everyone is white. I don't understand why everyone in the video game industry is a fucking racist. I applaud games like Sleeping Dogs aaaaaand... Yeah exactly my point. Still, looks interesting.

Metro: Last Light

Oh yeah, this is the shit. Played Metro 2033 and I fell in love with it instantly. It's ridiculously awesome. So Last Light will probably be as good.

And obviously, everything from CDPR.

Edit 2:

Remember Me

Again, it's something different. The protagonist is a woman, YAY! Finally something different from a white handsome man, with short brown hair and a charming voice who's out to save the world. Fuck yeah. However, the writing and voice actress seems out of place. Bah, too early to tell. Looks cool.

War of the Roses

Love Mount & Blade. Gonna probably love War of the Roses. That is all.

Edit 3:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Looks really cool. Brutal, vicious as hell and tactical. Hopefully it'll be good.

The only game I'm psyched for right now is Dishonored.

After that, there's not much on the horizon until the kickstarter games come out. Maybe Bioshock Infinite. I hope they'll announce Fallout 4 at the VGA's. I'm not worried, though, since I feel like I have a long backlog of games still waiting to be played.

In the near future, only Resident Evil 6.

Other games I'm looking forward to won't be out for at least a couple of years:
-CDPR's Cyberpunk game
-Obsidian's Project Eternity

really suprised more people not looking forward to TOrchlight II its a very good game so far about level 14 on my outlander loving it so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIieSwo6jDQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GnuCjueong&feature=plcp

Chivalry looks cool, definitely on my radar too! I wouldn't mind some decent FPS melee action!

Top Bottom