What games are you looking forward to?

+
What games are you looking forward to?

There are several threads about playing games(old and new) so I thought I'd start one about games that are coming soon or are on the horizon. Might be a good way for folks to find out about games they haven't heard of. Anyway here's my list (The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk are a given)

Dishonored-Steampunk stealth with magic, I am sooo there
XCOM:Enemy Unknown-like the old XCOM but with lots of new shiney. Seriously though, it looks like a great game
Metro Last Light-loved Metro 2033, this looks even better
Company of Heroes 2-The Russian Front this time. Men of War have covered it already but this is Company of Heroes we're talking about
Assassins Creed 3-not the biggest fan of the series but this one is set in Colonial America and Boston
Bioshock:Infinite-this one keeps getting delayed which could be good or bad. But what I've seen looks promising
The Age of Decadence-been keeping an eye on this one for years. Played the combat demo(brutal) and the beta. They need to cowboy up and finish this
The Banner Saga-did the Kickstarter thing with this game. It sounds like I'd love it and the art style is beautiful
Grim Dawn-from the people who brought us Titan Quest. The game world sounds very intriguing
Hegemony: Rome-yeah Total War: Rome 2 is coming, but these are indies and their first game (Wars of Ancient Greece was solid and fun to play)
Shadowrun Returns-played a lot of the PnP Shadowrun back in the day so I'm pretty keen on this one

Looking forward to this one. Need a good horror fix.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CagMNLxa9M[/media]

^^^Definitely looking forward to that one. I'm usually not much for platforming, but Mark of Ninja is supposedly coming to PC and it's got excellent reviews for the gameplay. Time to dust of that Logitech controller, haven't touched it in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZk9hxSmup8

- Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition: Not sure about this one anymore, I was expecting more. Still, I'll wait for reviews and impressions and maybe get another playthrough, this time in "HD".

- Wasteland 2: Never got into the first Wasteland (only played for a few mins) or Fallouts until recently. But damn, it's a fucking awesome setting! I remember seeing magazine ads for Fallout 2 in my early teens but for some reason I always thought it looked boring. How wrong was I. Wasteland 2 is a chance to return to a post-nuclear setting AND a traditional party based computer RPGs.

- Shadowrun Returns: Another excellent return to the classics. The team really seems to know what they want, and I couldn't agree more with their definition of computer RPG. The setting is a little too geeky/over-the-top, but oh well, we're all geeks at heart here.

- Obsidian's Eternity Project: So many classic RPG's resurfacing, who needs to play Dragon Age III? My favorite computer RPG's are all related to this team one way or another. I'm trying not to spend so much money on games, but hell damn it this is such a promising project.

- Double Fine Adventure: I grew up on adventure games... Tim Schafer's adventure games. Enough said.

- Company of Heroes 2: I was blown away by the over all quality of Company of Heroes. It was extremely entertaining. Never considered myself an RTS fan, but CoH is a game everyone must play.

- Dawn of War 3: Not sure if this is even coming out anytime soon or at all, but I loved both DoW's and would like to play a third entry.

- Dishonored: Will wait for reviews, but it does look sort of interesting.

- Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma

- Persona 4: Golden

- Gears of War: Judgment

- Ys: Celceta, Sea of Trees

- Halo 4

- Dawn of War 3

- Company of Heroes 2

Dont have much time to play games but looking at 2013;

Tomb Raider
GTA 5
Europa Universalis 4
Hitman (2012)
SimCity
Resident Evil 6 (2012)
MoH:WF

nothing else really.

Assassin's Creed 3 - big fan of the series
Rome Total War 2
Dishonored
Cyberpunk
Watchdogs
GTA V

None of them are guaranteed buys, but they are in my radar.

So looking forward to Wasteland 2 , Eternity project, Of Orcs and Men, The Witcher 2 expansion( crosses fingers it shall come to pass) and a few others....

Natural Selection 2, Torchlight II, and the new X-COM game are the main ones that I'm interested in getting for the rest of this year.

Assassin's Creed 3
Resident Evil 6
Tomb Raider (I never played one before, but this new appears amazing)
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 2

1.AC 3
2.Cyberpunk
3.Tomb Raider
4.Rome Total War 2
5.Hitman Absolution

This is first five of them

Volsung said:
- Wasteland 2: Never got into the first Wasteland (only played for a few mins) or Fallouts until recently. But damn, it's a fucking awesome setting! I remember seeing magazine ads for Fallout 2 in my early teens but for some reason I always thought it looked boring. How wrong was I. Wasteland 2 is a chance to return to a post-nuclear setting AND a traditional party based computer RPGs.

You actually enjoyed the first Wasteland, despite only playing it recently? Wow, you really have an open mind. The game looks like it was made in paint. I literally laughed out loud when i first heard of Wasteland 2 and decided to check out it's predecessor. It looked like it played like a pre-alpha build of Pokemon Red.

Looking forward to the sequel though. If you can call it that, it's more like a reboot.

Guest 2091327

That's sort of how I felt when I bought Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 on GOG. Fired up DK1, and my jaw dropped. Big blocks of blobs everywhere, which was supposed to be creatures. Played for 10 minutes, not really knowing what I was doing, and haven't touched it since. Yet it's supposed to be some kind of classic :shrug:

Don't have any games I particularly look forward to. Guess the one that sticks out most is TW2 when my computer can handle it :D

I'm simply not so much into games as most others here, who seem to play everything released under the sun, but when I find something I like, I really stick with it. :)

Do look forward to more news about Eternity though, but we won't know what that game will truly be like for quite a long time. Early 2014 wasn't it?

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission.
Crysis 3.
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.
X-Com Enemy Unknown.
GTA V.
Total War: Rome 2.
Hitman Absolution.

Top Bottom