What games do you all play most FPS or RPG and whats your fav 5 games for pc ?

+
zayphod said:
I have also played Black & White I (never did get a chance to finish it).
That's a fun game, the Creatures are quite amusing, like overgrown kids.Picking up villagers to play with them but then getting bored and just throwing the villager at a random wall or building.Pooing everywhere, even on villagers, then smashing the poo or picking it up and throwing it. Why? You don't want to know why.Feeding the elderly to your creature is fun too.

MR said:
MR said:
I have also played Black & White I (never did get a chance to finish it).
That's a fun game, the Creatures are quite amusing, like overgrown kids.Picking up villagers to play with them but then getting bored and just throwing the villager at a random wall or building.Pooing everywhere, even on villagers, then smashing the poo or picking it up and throwing it. Why? You don't want to know why.Feeding the elderly to your creature is fun too.
One thing I enjoyed about the creature was the AI - I'd leave him alone for a while (my Holy Cow!) and he'd just go do his own thing, sit on the beach, watch the sun set, look at the villagers build things, etc. You really DO grow an attachment for such a thing after a while.Who knows - if I finish one of these other games, I might actually put B&W-1 on again. There was a ton of micro-management involved, but loved the music in the background.

The WitcherDark Messiah of Might and MagicBioShockCondemned - Criminal OriginsDisciples II

Grunker said:
Favourite games?I. Planescape: TormentII. Baldur's Gate SeriesIII. Vampire the Masquerade - BloodlinesIV. The WitcherV. Sid Meier's Civilizations Series
...I think I love you.Anyone who hasn't played Planescape is missing out on one of the best experiences in gaming.Except the last one. I liked GalCiv 2 better :p

1)HL2(but you mus include mods like Insurgency, AoC and GARRY'S MOD 10)2)Diablo 2 + LoD3)Guildwars - PvP(cuz iam good at it :) -Got into hall of heroes with friends and won + top 100 in Hero Battles )4)Fallouts(except tactic)5)Portal (cuz it's end made me crying really lol with that song and all)little off topic in off topic :D non pc game ->Tetris!!Never mind if it is 3D or normal TETRIS PWN

I don't play any one genre overly much. At the moment, in no actual order as I change my mind a lot:Armed Assault - Sort of simulation meets FPS, but CoD4 this ain't. Due to the mods available (a vast amount)Soul calibur IV - bit of beat 'em up fun after watching a martial arts film...just wish they'd give Siegfried a more realistic swordBeyond the Red Line (based on Freespace 2 Open Source engine) - Battle Star Galactica mod of the Freespace 2 game engine. Good dogfights with a decent controller.LOTRTW (Lord of the Rings Total War) - LOTR based mod of Rome:TW.PES 2008 - well, it's the footy season and FIFA games are crap.Witcher - my current RPG sword fix when SCIV annoys me too much and Oblivion is too buggy from the mods installed.What I should be playing but take too long to set up:X3 - installed but never actually tried itPOTC - dated Pirates of the Carribean game by Bethesda but again the mods were fun. Might revive it if the reputed fourth POTC film is made.

I prefer mostly rpgs but can play fps' or sports simulation or even space simulation.Top fiive games for me would be. Fallout seriesBaldur's gate seriesDeus Ex (first part only)Medieval: Total WarFootball/Championship manager series.

Only five?Well, lately it's been The Witcher, Fallout Tactics, NWN2/MOTB, Thief: Deadly Shadows, and Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines.But then there's also Max Payne/Max Payne 2, Splinter Cell series, Oblivion, Joint Task Force, the Rainbow Six games, Diablo and sequels, Dungeon Seige I & II, F.E.A.R., the Stronghold series. More than five, yes, but these are the ones I always go back to.

After Diablo, Diablo II, and Titan's Qest, I drifted back to FPS's. I love the Feaar series, along with Half Life 2, and the episode 1-2 and the soon to be 3. Assasin's creed was good. I've also played some dud's along the way.

Oh boy, oh boy! So many games, only to choose five? Argh. Hmmm, I guess mostly I play FPS, RPG and RTS. Some sims and platform games and your good old point and click adventure games. Actually come to think of it, I dont buy games based on genres. Only got into Console gaming in the last 3-4 years and am finding that rather enjoyable too, but only a select few titles.My top five? Oooh that's tough, in fact, nigh on impossible. I'll list kind of my top 5 er, random groupings :p 1. Deus Ex and KOTOR 2 (even though it had a terrible ending!), Mass Effect.2. Thief 1 and 2 (and 3, but only for the Cradle level), Bioshock, System Shock 23. Half Life 2 and Planescape : Torment, Ultima VII and Serpent Isle.4. Wing Commander series, Privateer 1 and 25. Quake and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Aliens vs PredatorOther games that I really loved and replay from time to time would be, Jade Empire, Neverwinter Nights 2, Civilisation, Warcraft 2 and 3. Ultima Underworld II, Starcraft, Diablo, Syndicate, the Fallout series. Pirates. Monkey Island 1, 2 + 3, Dungeon Keeper 2. VtM Redemption and Bloodlines. Oh, used to be seriously addicted to QTF, haven't tried Team Fortress 2 yet though. Used to play MMORPG's too, but I 'm kinda over them at the moment. Psychonauts was great, very refreshing.Oh and the Witcher of course! Probably the best RPG I've played in a while. Certainly I thought it was better than Oblivion. How boring was that game, sheesh!Lately I have been playing Spore, but have already found it to be rather tedious. A shame really. And am playing the Witcher through for the second time, now that I have the enhanced edition. Joy!

I'm an RPG / Strategy fan:1) Baldurs Gate (1+2 and expansions)2) Civilization (1-4 + expansions, and Alpha Centauri and Call to Power 1 + 2)3) Elder Scrolls III Morrowind. (Oblivion was ok, but not good enough and I got bored of it in 2 months)4) This spot is a tie between: Populous The Beginining Sacred Gold / Sacred 2 (The Demo is just uber leet, still waiting for my CE pre order to despatch)5) Guild Wars (I dont like it now that I've finished it, but what a fun 3 years that game was =D)I never played Planescape Torment or Diablo 1 + 2 unfortunately, but if I had they would have probably been up there. Witcher is really goood, to me it is what Neverwinter Nights should have been like, but I dont like it as much as my top 5. Sacred 2 and Diablo 3 are likely going to be my next favorite games, and then Civilization and Elder Scrolls 5 :)I just reinstalled Oblivion, just to see its eye candy with Qarls Texture Pack 3, Natural Environments, Open Cities, and every other texture mod I can find to stress my crossfire 4850's :D. I have the grass distance quadrupled from 8k to 32k along with all the texture mods, 16x adaptive AA 16x AF, and it is still as smooth as butter lol. That is the only thing I like about Oblivion - The graphics, oh, and the music is awesome. For gameply I'll keep playing The Witcher.

Top 5 PC games in this order:Fallout 2Baldurs Gate 2Vampire: The Masquerade - BloodlinesDeus ExCivilization, all of em.Briefly scanned the thread, no one else have Vampires up there on the top 5? :eek:

bchrubas said:
Only 5 favorites? :-\1) Planescape Torment2) Fallout (all)3) KoTOR (all)4) Pirates (Sid Meier's)5) The Elder Scroll (Daggerfall or Morrowind- can't decide)and ofc The Witcher ;)
wow, that would be similar with just a few exceptions.Mass Effect instead of Elder Scrolland order in which games are listed have no meaning so witcher could be on first place.hmm, maybe i'll add 2 bonus games :)heroes 5 and alien shooter 2 :p

Well, there's an awful lot of good games out there... Only 5, eh? But we can all agree, I'm sure, that there's no need to say best PC games - all the best games are PC games, right? ::)Star Control 2 (and sort of Mass Effect, because it's essentially SC2 with a 15 years later facelift)Grim FandangoDeus ExEuropa Barbarorum (technically it's not a full 'game' per se, but a mod for Rome: Total War, but since it jacks RTW up from maybe an 8/10 all the way to 11, I will include it anyway, semantics be damned)Alpha CentauriEr, and for bonus points, I'd throw in Civilization (all of 'em, but especially 2 and 4), Planescape: Torment, Galactic Civilizations (mostly 2), Age of Empires (1 and 2), Jade Empire, Mass Effect (which I sort of mentioned earlier), System Shock (both of them), Half-Life (all), StarCraft, Beyond Good & Evil, Rise of Nations, and Homeworld.So yeah, lots of strategy games, but not so much in the top five. I dunno why for sure, maybe because it seems more 'epic' to play through a self-contained storyline. However much you appreciate the beauty of a well-played chess game, I doubt you'd say your favourite movie was a video of two guys playing chess.And I saw someone mentioned Sacred, d'y'know it's free on GameTap? Same goes for Fallout. And Deus Ex (GotY version, if you care). And Psychonauts. I love gametap...

1. Deus Ex2. Baldur's Gate 23. Half-Life4. Fallout 25. The WitcherNotice the big time jump between 1-4 and 5. Yeah, I've been waiting for something like The Witcher for a long time.

I hate shooters , they are uninspiring and never have any depth .My top 5 in "hours played" : 1.Europa Universalis 2&3 - RTS2. Morrowind -RPG3.Football Manager series ( up to 07 , 08 is awful ) - Dunno about the description, turn based strategy maybe ?4.Sacred Underworld - hack 'n' slash - NOT the securom infested Sacred 25.X-series (X3-reunion for now) - Space simulation

Well, my top 5 would have to be:1. KotOR series2. Mass Effect3. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines4. Neverwinter Nights 1 and expansions5. Diablo seriesGenerally i prefer to play RPG's, although i'm an RTS player aswell, and i really enjoyed playing Age of Empires series, Starcraft, Pharaoh, Zeus, Ceasar and so many others...Not to mention that i also enjoy playing soccer games mainly with my friends.

- Witcher Enhanced- Mass Effect- Stalker- Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (not quake wars)- Blitzkriegsoon, I will have to ad Fallout 3 to that list

So, I just wasted a few minutes going through the thread, and perhaps not surprisingly a lot of the same games turn up over and over again. I didn't count very carefully and I forgot to add up some games, but here's what I got. These are the ones with 10 or more people endorsing them. Lots of RPGs, obviously. A couple shooters, a couple strategy games. Strategy games are my top genre, but on the forum for an RPG game I don't think you'd expect anything else, really. Results not guaranteed to be remotely accurate:The Witcher: clear winner so far, making 35 lists. I'm not so shocked, given that this is, you know, the Witcher forum.Elder Scrolls - I was too lazy to differentiate between them, but lots of people put Morrowind and Oblivion, so at least 2/3 of this is either of those. Combined TES (including a couple Daggerfall and I think a Battlespire): 33Baldur's Gate - all of 'em combined, but mostly people said 2: 17. I remember being at a friends house for his birthday, and he got Baldur's Gate 2. We fired it up and played it for pretty much the whole weekend straight. Taking shifts, we beat it for the first time in only a few days. It was hardcore.Gothic series: 15. I never played much of these, I don't know much about them. Gothic 3 was a buggy POS, for the few minutes I tried it. Most people said 1 and 2, though, so might have to try 'em.Fallout series - mostly 1, some 2. I like 1 way better, myself: 13Diablo series - meh, I'd say Sacred was my favourite hack'n'slash: 13Deus Ex - a personal favourite of mine: 11KOTOR series - 1 was better, but 2 was decent: 10Half-life series - more 2 than not, I wasn't really paying attention: 10There's others like Neverwinter Nights or Planescape or Half-Life or Civilization or a few others that didn't quite make 10.What can we draw from this? Well, Witcher fans like the Witcher. Profound conclusion indeed. Most games were less than fifteen years old, but an awful lot of them were more than five years old - an interesting range. A little nostalgia at work, or do people actually think the games of yore were better by some objective measure? Also, while lots of people love to hate on Oblivion, plenty of others plain love it. I myself like it a lot, but that's only after an extra hundred mods (and 3 gigabytes of content) later. Out-of-the-box is mediocre. All the classic RPGs turn up: Fallout, Planescape, Diablo, Gothic, Neverwinter Nights, Sacred, Knights of the Old Republic... Not really many JRPGs (probably because we're mostly PC gamers here, and above such things ;)). Big-name recent ones are mostly Mass Effect, Oblivion, and The Witcher.Not so many people saying strategy games or shooters, but when the do, lots of the same ones turn up: Civilization (and Alpha Centauri), Europa Universalis, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer. Shooters, it's mostly Half-Life. Also every so often someone says Prince of Persia (I loved those, personally), or, well, actually I've mostly forgotten by now. Sorry ::).Then there are the weird genre-bending dealies: Deus Ex, System Shock, the ones like that. Lots of Deus Ex fans out there. For good reason, too. Not so many System Shock fans, which is a shame, but I suppose what you'd expect from a ten year old game which had bad public awareness and mediocre sales. Am I right in remembering Psychonauts showing up a couple of places? That game was solid, if completely drug-fueled.Most awesome choices:Albion. I think one person said this one; brilliant and under-appreciated old-school RPG. Good stuff.System Shock (either, though mostly 2 turned up). Didn't make ten, but it's pretty much pure win. A lot like Deus Ex, but with rougher gameplay (sad, but true). Atmosphere is brilliant, though. I dare you to not freak when... well, I won't spoil it.Grim Fandango. Genius. Pure Genius. Monkey Island series is great too, and a lot of the other LucasArts adventure games.But seriously, nobody else is spreading the love for Star Control?

Top Bottom