What games on yours are the strongest competitors witcher 2?

+
What games on yours are the strongest competitors witcher 2?

I consider, that Gotica 4, diablo 3... And you as think?

For myself, there are several games that should be coming out if TW 2 meets a first quarter 2011 deadline. If anyone bought Bioware's DA: Awakening, then you know that DA 2 might be coming early Quarter 1 (Feb. 2011). Also, Bioware's TOR should be release around that time (in March if I remember correctly). My husband will want to play that with me. For me, personally, there is no competition for TW 2.

secondchildren said:
Btw, imo none except GoW III.......... for the console version I mean
You mean... really? ;-) We find our game way different, especially, it's other genere. Please remember, that we develop an RPG product (with very high-tech combat system as an addition). Mature and thought-provoking RPG experiencealways goes first!

Alek said:
Alek said:
You mean... really? ;-) We find our game way different, especially, it's other genere. Please remember, that we develop an RPG product (with very high-tech combat system as an addition). Mature and thought-provoking RPG experiencealways goes first!
Of course I know. I was talking about good quality and great emotion. That's why I compared to GoW III

I think Darksavior has it right, Dragon Age 2 will likely be the biggest competitor. I mean, most obviously they are both fantasy RPG's. So they are competing for the same audience. The first one was a huuuuuge seller, had near universal acclaim, and, annoying to many Witcher fans, I am sure, was praised as being revolutionary for some things The Witcher did first (and in some cases, did better) The best chance The Witcher 2 has against it is to beat it out of the gate. While Gears of War is a popular series, it is a different genre, so there wont be as much overlap in audience.

by the story, RPG system and etc. it is: Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 1,2 Baldurs GateDiablo 2Mass Effect 1,2Drakensang: The Dark Eyeby the advertisment: Dragon Age 2 ( 1 sucks) Diablo 3 (i suppose there is not anybody who didnt play Diablo 2)Gothic 4Warcraft 4 (hahaha, =D =D =D)

Alek said:
Alek said:
Regardless of secondchildren's reasons for mentioning GoW... seeing the combat, giant QTE bosses etc, it's quite easy to mistake The Witcher 2 for a typical console slasher.

yep, press X to not die in one of the promo videos doesn't exactly make one think of deep, complex and mature game(play)s. But in the end I think most of the ppl will recognize it as an RPG and therefore it will be compared (wrongly so as always) to Bioware's Bikini-Sex Age 2 or whatever subpar expansions they release at that time ( I like DA:O and DA:A but the story was the weakest part in both). But I don't think fans of RPGs will decide between but rather play after each other. It won't affect sales, at least not in the long run.

I see only competitor to Witcher is Dragon age tho i personally would love to see more good rpgs like those 2 with same quality of story but sadly we rarely see games with such great storys happend.Diablo 3 cant even comme close to Witcher , yes game will be popular but i find Diablo always lacking that storyfactor which is most important for good rpg.For me Witcher got best and most original world of all rpgs i seen so far.SWTOR is not competitor since is MMORPG and thats another way of gameplaying.

Regardless the fact that GoW and TW are two different games, I do not really understand why comparing TW2 to DA2.Seriously, I do not see any similarity between the two and I hope there won't be never ever!!! My explaination here. :p*peace*

Triss01 said:
SWTOR is not competitor since is MMORPG and thats another way of gameplaying. « Last
There are many people who are waiting for SWTOR, and many of the people I talked to say that they are going to devote the majority of their time to SWTOR (affecting their playtimes in Single Player Games). Whether this will affect sales in the beginning for TW:2, I do not know. I know, myself, that I will not have as much time since I will be playing with my husband. We all know the massive amount of time sunk into an MMO. I myself have played a few dozen of them. With that aside, this is Bioware's MMO. They are implementing, companions, story-driven story arcs that will change over time. Many RPG fans might check it out for the story driven story arcs. In fact, the last time I was following TOR, Bioware was really pushing the story hard and fully voice over content hard.
Triss01 said:
I do not really understand why comparing TW2 to DA2.Seriously, I do not see any similarity between the two and I hope there won't be never ever!!! My explaination here. :p*peace*
Most people will probably compare DA:2 to TW:2 for the same reason they compare DA to TW. Both are similiar RPGs (from a technical standpoint) while the combat is different. Both are mature rated games. While I think that TW is better than DA, there are people who think different. Some people will buy a game just based on the reputation of the company. I love Bioware, but there were some points that I was disappointed in DA. However, I will be buying DA, along with TW 2. Guess which one I will finish first. :DOf course, those are my logical thoughts. Most of my time, my logic is broken :D

secondchildren said:
Most people will probably compare DA:2 to TW:2 for the same reason they compare DA to TW. Both are similiar RPGs (from a technical standpoint) while the combat is different.
from a techincal standpoint this couldn't be "wronger". there is no techincal feature that would justify saying TW and DA are similar in any way. ppl are just stupid and don't think. They just see "DIALOGUE TREE" and "RPG" and say "SAME GAME".
not to speak of the juvenile bikini-sex (TW1 was worse in that regard) and the totally LAME story. After ME2 I thought Bioware are the story-dialogue-gods. After DA:O I know, wow, they can suck big time. it was just a big lump of "played-it-1000000-times" stories, the HolyGrail story, the family-backstab-story, any cliche you can find they packed into DA and that's why its story is so boring, predictable and ultimately unsatisfying. it's the RPG with the most boring design ever. the partybanter and numerous permutations for the dialogue is the biggest achievement of DA (apart from the excellent combat-mechanics - not the fights themselves) but that just doesn't cut it in an RPG. in TW1 i had so many moments of EPICNESS, in DA it was just a long, long, boring road of elongated fights with the same ppl in the same rooms over and over again without any purpose. They could have cut 50 hours from DA:O and NOBODY would recognize it or miss it. EPIC doesn't mean there are 20 more enemies that swarm you in the next room. that just means you have no clue about pacing or good combat.

I would agree with your spoiler, Mothra. I like many others have noticed how repetitive the story (and the companions) for DA was to other Bioware games. I will admit that I followed DA since I heard about it (close to five years), and I was sorely disappointed in it.DA to me felt like it was all fluff and no stuff. It got to the point of walking into a room and was like...hmm...another darkspawn. However, that is just me. I am going through my 12th play of the TW, and my 3rd play of DA (only because I had a glitch with my mage in Awakenings.) I think that would speak for itself.As for a technical standpoint, a person does look and see "dialog trees" and they automatically think of an RPG. Choices and talking to companions/NPCs are what drove me to enjoy the RPG genre in the first place. It may be wrong, yes. But it is one of the reasons why DA is compared to TW. I remember arguing when DA first came out with one of my friends who was saying it was the first Dark Fantasy of its times, it's so ground breaking. I thought, were we playing the same game. There's more to the technical standpoint RPG such as character progression, ect. A different person told me that the witcher was not an RPG because it did not have gear progression. Unfortunately, what defines an RPG can become controversial. My definition, personally, consists of statistical information of abilities of certain characters, each of those statistics can grow and expand (resulting in stronger characters), and one would choose a menu driven combat system that utilizes the skills of said characters. This does not include the other things that a typical roleplaying game has (assuming the role of the main protagonist). Which both games do have. Maybe, technical isn't the word I was looking for. It's what happens when you are awake with no coffee and half asleep. So, it's general characteristics. That's what I meant :)That is not to say I don't love Bioware. I will buy all their games as I will buy TW 2 and whatever other games CDProjekt releases down the lines. I just realize that maybe anything Bioware touches is not golden. :)

Fable III is confirmed for PC. If I'm not wrong it'll be out this holiday. http://www.yougamers.com/news/28241_fable_iii_confirmed_for_pc/ I'm not an experienced RPG player. So I'm not really the guy who could compare them. I've played Fable: TLC and liked it.

mothra said:
mothra said:
Most people will probably compare DA:2 to TW:2 for the same reason they compare DA to TW. Both are similiar RPGs (from a technical standpoint) while the combat is different.
from a techincal standpoint this couldn't be "wronger". there is no techincal feature that would justify saying TW and DA are similar in any way. ppl are just stupid and don't think. They just see "DIALOGUE TREE" and "RPG" and say "SAME GAME".
not to speak of the juvenile bikini-sex (TW1 was worse in that regard) and the totally LAME story. After ME2 I thought Bioware are the story-dialogue-gods. After DA:O I know, wow, they can suck big time. it was just a big lump of "played-it-1000000-times" stories, the HolyGrail story, the family-backstab-story, any cliche you can find they packed into DA and that's why its story is so boring, predictable and ultimately unsatisfying. it's the RPG with the most boring design ever. the partybanter and numerous permutations for the dialogue is the biggest achievement of DA (apart from the excellent combat-mechanics - not the fights themselves) but that just doesn't cut it in an RPG. in TW1 i had so many moments of EPICNESS, in DA it was just a long, long, boring road of elongated fights with the same ppl in the same rooms over and over again without any purpose. They could have cut 50 hours from DA:O and NOBODY would recognize it or miss it. EPIC doesn't mean there are 20 more enemies that swarm you in the next room. that just means you have no clue about pacing or good combat.
I'm glad there's someone who share my opinion :w00t:If you've already read my own on DA:O (I've linked above) you can see it :DUnfortunatly this is a bit off topic here :p

Why i think that DA and TW are competitors :- They both are fantasy medieval kinda rpgs - They both have great story, yeh i enjoyed DA like many other rpg lovers which know to appreciate Bioware history of making good rpg games.- The point that in both games you have choices options with consequences for them.Tho i think there is place for both of them in market since rly besides them there arent many good rpgs round with elements i mentioned above.

Maybe Fallout New Vegas, even though it's an open world game in completely different setting. The fact that Bethesda isn't making it, is very promising :) But, we'll see after summer. At this moment, Witcher is my favorite RPG.

Bioware's RPGs (and really what else there is) but as much as i appreciate the canandians' work, The Witcher hits a special spot.

ok, i throw another word into the ring:- low fantasy: TW, risen, gothic- high fantasy: BG, DragonAgebut in the end all are right: they are not similar but at the same time they WILL be compared. Or for ppl interested in RPGs of any kind and dont have a high budget it will be a decision to make, if only which to get first. I hope Namco sees that as an investment for the long run with good sales over time opposed to having highest sales upon release and cashing in everything in the first month.

Top Bottom