What gender are you going to play as?

+

Male or female?

• Male

• Female

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just shows how much our opinion differs. I've watched couple first episodes of altered carbon and I'm not getting much cyberpunk vibes from it. In fact I was about to use it as an example alongside blade runner of shows that are not really cyberpunk.

You think Blade Runner isn't cyberpunk, I think it is. Agree to disagree, I think we both have very valid reasons for holding the viewpoints we do.

However, my PoV is inclusive rather than exclusive. I think Blade Runner as well as Neuromancer, Cyberpunk 2020 (and, seemingly, 2077) are all cyberpunk in their own ways. By contrast, you seem to be fixating on all the reasons these shows/movies can't be cyberpunk rather than the ways they could be. And I'm not sure what the purpose of that is.

The newest BR movie literally involves a replicant going rogue and "fighting the system" in his own way, for his own reasons. I don't see what's not cyberpunk about that. We get glimpses of the high-tech, low-life elements as well. And the city feels oppressive.

I found both movies to be extremely fascinating and well-made, but when I watched it with my dad, the whole time he was wondering when the movie would "get started" (I.E. explosions would start going off). So different strokes and all that.

Top Bottom