What gender are you going to play as?

+

Male or female?

• Male

• Female

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll probably play male on the first run as that's normally my, "Play it as myself" playthrough, though I expect to mix it up later.

Male if I can make it as I want (I need a specific type of hair and beard), half asian probably (greedy fast and agile solo who uses katanas and light guns a lot). If not, maybe I could make a lesbian V, it'd be the first time for me. I'll most likely run multiple playthrough if the gamestyle will change according to our choices in stats, same for the narrative.

I have ideas for 2-3 characters but it really depends on the possibilities offered by the game (a solo, a netrunner and a tank with different personalities and completely different playstyle).

Female solo, male techie, not sure what I'll choose for my netrunner as it is transhumanist to the point of hating its meat & any limitations to its identity.

I voted for female but if the game is good i will play both.
Why is there no Both option?

I'm gonna be a middle-aged male guy in the game that doesn't give a shit about anyone asides from himself. Can't wait

Depends on the voice actors. I really liked female V, so I'm leaning that way right now. Though if broV is as strong, I may end up going that way.

Depends on the voice actors for me too. Currently I don't like male V's voice so I'd be going female.

Male first playthrough, female second.....assuming the games good enough to warrant two playthroughs ;)

I know it's not very imaginative but I'll probably go in guns blazing in the former and be more subtle and stealthy in the latter.

With regards to the way they behave as opposed to the way they solve problems, I'll probably try to be an idealised cyberpunk version of myself as male V and then choose options that are much different with female V. I rarely go 'full asshole' though :) I think I did that once in KotOR (2003).

Last edited:
I've already said this in an older thread, but I like to start with a female character whenever it's an option. Especially in RPGs; it's a lot easier for me to relate to a female than to a male.

I always play as a male later on, though, so I'll skip the vote. :cool:

Depends. I usually try to mess around in character creation for a few hours maybe. Looking at different models, tattoos, body types etc.

I would have to say female, which is usually my first choice when it comes to first playthroughs, but if the male model is more convincing depending on variety then I might just go XY.

Probably a female the first time through. Female characters are just given better clothes in games, so I've been playing as females lately.

I voted for female but if the game is good i will play both.
Why is there no Both option?

Because its more for the first char you make. Of course we all might make more but usually the attachment to the first is the highest and we also fuck up its skills the most.

Like i always go female archer in every rpg where thats a thing. Doesnt mean i dont play the male chars if genders are set, if optional like in Grim Dawn tho, every char is female.

Im trans, i was male IRL and in games for so long, its time for me to be a woman in more ways than 1.
Post automatically merged:

Depends on the voice actors for me too. Currently I don't like male V's voice so I'd be going female.

I hope i can choose Cerys' voice actress with that accent too! Would be lit!

I prefer the female voice so far and, if I had to guess, it looks like she's shaping up to be the fan-acknowledged "canon" version of the character. I also think female CaCs have more potential from a design perspective.

I will play male for my first run. I liked what I heard en the trailer. It was a "sunny" way to tell something that everybody (or almost) wanted dark, with a profound voice.
But no : it was cool instead ! Don't get me wrong, I love dark and gritty and all the stuff, but it was surprising.And I like that.

Top Bottom