What gender are you going to play as?

+

Male or female?

• Male

• Female

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whatever, but ill identify as the other one just so i can have an excuse to murder people when they incorrectly assume my gender.
'Take that you phobe!'

I always play as a male. The exception being one character I created in the Division. Other three slots are male and she is now the highest ranked (290) out of the group of four, can't figure that one out. I can't seem to get the others (male) over 280. Anyway, yep, I'll play as a male. o_O

definitely going to play as male. I want to see if I can make a super buffed chromed out terminator that can shoot the biggest hardware.

Guest 4323944

I'm a guy , so a guy . I understand why it would be easier for me to roleplay a woman but at the end of the day I feel like doing so will cut off the connection I have with the main character . Also I kinda like to roleplay as myself in RPGs . Like I got teleported to some new world ( or in some cases only to find out I never did , simply got sick and thought I did . Just an exemple ) . I'm hoping the voice actor is good since I'll have to listen to him most of the time .

I usually choose women in these situations but having the option to create a gay badass male might make me switch it up.

Female since I like to play as myself to fully experience the game as naturally as possible, rather than feeling disconnected from my character and therefore the story
Probably male for the second run since it doesn't make me feel as morally wrong to make choices I wouldn't normally lol. and i'd like to be able to see any differences your gender might have on your experiences

My choice may depend on the voice actor, but on average I tend to pick female characters.
In the words of Gabe from Penny Arcade: "If I'm going to be staring at an ass for hours, it might as well be a nice ass."
(I'm aware that CP2077 will be first person, so no need to remind me of that)

In SWTOR I couldn't stand the male voice actor of sith warrior, so I was going to pick female there. I'm not too fussed.

Last edited:
If game would be 3rd person, then I would choose woman ofc - I like woman butts more than mens :beer:
But since it's FP - I dunno...

I'm playing as a female, I just have way more fun playing the opposite gender of myself if there is a gender choice in a game. Since you can see your creation throughout the game in cut scenes I'm going to try to make my character look as attractive as I can.

I've always played as female in rpgs because I take games as worlds where I can be everything I ain't/cannot be in real life. And a foul-mouthed, badass cyberpunk girl is like the total opposite of me and I love it.

changed my mind ahahah cherami leigh , voice actor of female V, is too good and too damn hot.... so first run will be with female V :love::love::love:

This is one of those rare situations where I honestly have no idea. I can't even pick a poll option.

It's like the situation with Dishonored 2... Both characters were awesome choices, and I just don't know. I'm leaning towards the female in this case purely because I like her voice and have seen a lot more of her, but who knows...

Hopefully the next demo they show (E3?) shows off the city at night, and the male character so I can have a more balanced perspective.

If the game was third-person, I'd probably pick male first because I typically like how equipment looks on them better (typically, but not always). But its first person, and our characters won't really be wearing "armor" in the traditional sense, so... I don't know.

changed my mind ahahah cherami leigh , voice actor of female V, is too good and too damn hot.... so first run will be with female V :love::love::love:

Wait, has it been confirmed that she is voicing femV?

Wait, has it been confirmed that she is voicing femV?

Well its written in a lot of places now, including the cyberpunk wiki, and not been denied..

According to wiki, the male V is voiced by Josh Keaton. At least that department will NOT be lacking in experience. Among a million other things, known for being the voice of spiderman.

From what I remember, there were some rumors in the past that CP2077 will include separate storylines for both genders. That would certainly be interesting from a gameplay point of view, as it would encourage the players to check the story from both perspectives. I guess the idea fell because it involved too much work and would postpone the release date to some enormous degree. In The Witcher 2 we had two very developed paths which was very interesting, but made the game single playthrough a lot shorter. I imagine that it's a lot harder to implement such a thing in a fully open world game.

As for the gender which I'll choose for my character, I'll probably play as a male. It's easier for me to role play a character with the same gender as me. :) But female V is quite tempting, I must admit...

It was confirmed that she voiced FemV in the demo. Nothing more.
Good enough for me! She's a great actress, I'd love to see her voice FemV for the rest of the game. But I appreciate the distinction that it was only (for now) confirmed for the demo.

Top Bottom