What Gender is V?

+
So this is the first game I've played where you can have character customization to have the appearance of a male but have female body parts, or the other way around. So that's innovative.

I'm asking however what gender is V? I played the Corpo life path and within half an hour a read something in the mailbox for employee evaluation where V was identified using "he" pronoun, and the very next sentence referred to as "she". I have also seen this in taunting in gun fights. One person would say something like "She's hiding over out" and then a few minutes later one person would say "he's hiding".

So V identifies as both male and female at the same time and wishes to be called "he" and "she"? I've never met someone like this before or have heard of such a gender. Most people either want "he" or "she" or gender non-binary, or some other gender.

But people seem to identify V as binary, meaning both genders at the same time. I know there's people who go back and forth between genders. One day wish to be identified as "he" the next as "she". But V doesn't seem to be this. V seems to be identified as both in the same conversation. I've never heard of this before...

I'm asking a question and looking for an answer, please don't look into this anymore than that. This is my first time hearing of this gender identification, both male and female role in the same conversation. I didn't know it existed.

It is not innovative. Other games already had similar options in the past, such as Conan Exiles. This game would be innovative if they dared to show vagina/vulva as it actually look in real life. Unfortunately, they censored it with low res. I don't know why it is even called vagina option when it looks like Ken or Barbie. Sorry, but penises have already been shown in a lot of games over the years. This is neither innovative nor especially shocking anymore. Vulva is a different topic. Still a taboo subject and even a studio like Cd projekt didn't have the guts to show it without censorship.

It is not innovative. Other games already had similar options in the past, such as Conan Exiles. This game would be innovative if they dared to show vagina/vulva as it actually look in real life. Unfortunately, they censored it with low res. I don't know why it is even called vagina option when it looks like Ken or Barbie. Sorry, but penises have already been shown in a lot of games over the years. This is neither innovative nor especially shocking anymore. Vulva is a different topic. Still a taboo subject and even a studio like Cd projekt didn't have the guts to show it without censorship.
I wonder why? I noticed that too. No problem showing the male part. But female part look like a Barbie doll (nothing).

I have yet to make a female V. In my next play through I intend to be a punk female street kid. When I did character creation my background was black so I couldn't see the hair styles and my V is bald because of it. Please fix this

V is a male/female they added that other stuff in the game just to pander to certain types of people at the last minute. You can tell from just reading your own comment. My V is a male because that's what he is... They use to only have male/female till people went off about it. :ROFLMAO:

But I'm going to leave it at that cuz I don't have time for political correctness. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
V is a male/female they added that other stuff in the game just to pander to certain types of people at the last minute. You can tell from just reading your own comment. My V is a male because that's what he is... They use to only have male/female till people went off about it. :ROFLMAO:

But I'm going to leave it at that cuz I don't have time for political correctness. :rolleyes:
When you think about it, it's not that weird to have a girl with a dick or a guy with a vagina in the 2077, is it? Considering medicine, body modification and cybernetics, I think the fact that they allowed the player to choose their genitals only worked more in favor of the advanced setting.
As for the OP's question. I think the canon option for V is male, but I'm not 100% sure, since we also saw a lot of female V in the advertising.

V is gender fluid it sounds like, and your enemies are trying to respect your identity. Obviously.

Top Bottom