What happened to CDPR?

+
to have sidequests affect the whole thing organically and accumulatively instead of in a binary way.
Bit of minor spoilers here, not something big, but still...

Not true, still binary to some extent. At the start of the last quest you can choose between 4 options. 2 of these are unlocked by the completion of 2 character's sidequests prior to the events of this last quest (a point of no return, by the way).

Now, if you:

• Do Rogue's sidequests: you can choose to have an ending with her,
being a part of the major leagues
• Do Panam's sidequests: you can choose to have an ending with her
and her Nomad clan
• Don't do any of these two sidequests: you're stuck with either
Takemura's (Arasaka) path or suicide

Big spoilers now:

• Last quest on Rogue's or Panam's path:
After you jack into Mikoshi, you can choose between getting your body back (the endings I mentioned) or entering Cyberspace (Temperance).

Not true, still binary to some extent. At the start of the last quest you can choose between 4 options. 2 of these are unlocked by the completion of 2 character's sidequests prior to the events of this last quest (a point of no return, by the way).

Now, if you:

and her Nomad clan

Big spoilers now:

After you jack into Mikoshi, you can choose between getting your body back (the endings I mentioned) or entering Cyberspace (Temperance).
And those are basically the only decisions you have.
In addition, you only decide the way the ending looks like.

Now, if you:

and her Nomad clan

Big spoilers now:

An I am not saying it is perfect by any means ... what they tried there. But it is forward thinking in away. And yes, I do think it is in this state a bare-bones structure and maybe it fails to archive a "critical mass" of choice but such a structure is sound. The problem(s) mostly arises as I think another thread points out when you have this otherwise sound rpg structure run into only one flashed out narrator - that being johnny who kind of dominates the show. I think other characters should have been as equally important (like Takemura) to pressure the player to take various "decisions".

I'm waiting for microtransactions to be implemented.

Careful what you wish hehe, just kidding.

Not many game companies left I will buy from. As things look now my gaming days are numbered.

To your informatiion there are many game devs and also indie game devs who create amazing games. AAA gameing companies are not the only stuff in gaming world lol.

Hope this game gets to be ok, but I wont be around.

Sounds a bit dramatic :) Farewell.

The devs are still there and still awesome, but the rest of them became like used car salesmen. Willing to deceive a lot of people and then make see-through excuses about it.

Now, if you:

and her Nomad clan

Big spoilers now:

Cool...Rogue's path...WOOHOO Finally!!! The Major Leagues!!! Ohhh, you still die
Panams path...Yes!!! Accepted by the Nomads!!! Ohhhh right. still die
Takemura's Path.....ohhh ya, you die!
You mean i can get my body back and, you know, still die?

At least in W3, you had to screw up majorly in order to have the "I die!" ending. This game, you just die. The path maybe different, but the end result is the same

[Added spoiler tags.]

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who think that Cyberpunk 2077 is comparable to Ubisoft games.

Well, sorry to be the one bringing the bad news, but... in some points Ubisoft Far Cry 5 (released in 2018) is better than Cyberpunk 2077.

I am playing assassins creed odyssey right now.
It does lots of things better than cyberpunk 2077 and that's a damn shame.

Play Valhalla.
Its hilarious an AC game bothered to add a gwent like mini-game, barbershop and fully customizable base/house meanwhile Cyberpunk does none of that.

It blows my mind that AC Valhalla succeeded where CDPR not only failed but regressed compared to their last game.

This is not the CDPR. They are impostors.
These are impostors who took the logo and name of the CDPR like an evil alien pulling the skin of a human.
I still hope to see the game from the creators of The Witcher 3. But these people are probably already working for other companies under a different name.

Attachments

• a63dd86f23012552f98c838b6355f816.jpg
    a63dd86f23012552f98c838b6355f816.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 33
So the first and only Ubisoft game I played was AC Origins which I did enjoy a bit, but never finished... I remember when that game was being marketed for release and game mechanics, combat systems in particular, were showed, many agreed that the game was heavily influenced by W3. This was the main reason I looked forward to playing Origins, though many AC fans complained that it had evolved to more of an RPG at the time. Now playing CP 2077, I am unpleasantly surprised how similar it is to Origins in regards to stealth play, the scanner used for marking enemies is much like how Senu could be used to highlight opponents. The reactions/alerts of being spotted are almost identical in CP2077 to what I remember in Ac Origins.

I just find it strange that it seemed CDPR was leading the way or at least influencing the industry based on their success with W3 at that time. It really is unfortunate that they dropped the ball in being leading edge and reverted somewhat to copying game mechanics and in my opinion, going backwards on innovation. I am enjoying the game as it has been developed, and there are features that feel progressive. I suppose in time this game could be considered a model game once it is presented in it's finished version. Clearly it will never be ground breaking though it really could have been had they stayed the course they had set when making W3.

Because they lost their senior developers after Witcher 3 and replaced them with inexperienced ameteur devs. You can read the reviews around that time on glass door on CDPR. Toxic work environment, poor management, poor engineering workflows (no documentation, training, poorly written code).

If you are in software development and have experience you know that with no code doc, knowledge transfer, and lack of senior long time developers = an extremely difficult environment to succeed in. You can tell the CP programmers are not proficient too. You see things like your 1st person model persisting in 3rd person (The REAL reason why they dont have a 3rd person option, not some experience bullshit they said), janky systems, cars, glitches everywhere, barebones AI (if you can even call it AI)...

More time does not fix this game. These are foundational issues with the game that I am guessing would need a complete rework to implement, and thats being generous. I'm sure other system functions would need to be rebuilt too if they are linked.

Management is ultimately to blame from what we've seen them talk about and disclose, but the developers didn't do a good job either writing this. I dont care how rushed they were (8 years of development = rushed, ok), you can see these systems were written poorly from the start, which points to inexperienced bad devs. Just so tired of seeing the devs get a pass, they are just as guilty for this shit show and lies as the management.

All of this makes me think whether they had someone whipping them to finish and it early so they ended up with heavily rushed product in a hurry.

Nothing is fundamentally wrong and I'm enjoying the game but like someone else already mentioned, there's so many missed opportunities. Minor things here and there that with just a little more polish would have been perfect.

Top Bottom