What happened to cyborg chick statue in collectors edition?

+
It was never intended to be the statue for the Collectors Edition. I agree though that the current one is less cool. A dude crushing someone with a motorcycle and flying with two guns through the air? Eh? Why not chosing something more neutral like Johnny Silverhands?

Guest 3573786

On the one hand I'd really love a mantis girl statue or a Keanu one. On the other, I'm grateful I won't be spending vasts amounts of money on CE edition this way.

Mostly disappointed because it's IMHO a bad choice to make a statue of the main character, given how they insist everyone will have a different looking character... It worked for TW3 because you have to play as Geralt, but to me this statue is nothing more than "a random dude on a cycle". I can't see my V (whether male or female) looking like that at all.
I think they could have done a statue relevant for everyone and not just the players running with the base male V. Something like a NPC statue (Johnny Silverhand for example) or even that spider bot or something. Hence my choice to stick with normal edition (I was initially going for the Collectors as I've always done with CDPR since Witcher I days).

Sild

Ex-moderator
There's aleady a "Collector edition" thread, but since discussions here seems to be focused on the statue, i'll leave it open for now. Might close it/merge it eventually.

I have posted this image of the Cyborg Lady With The Mantis Blade a few times on CDPR forums...
Always politely asking, requesting, even begging for the inclusion of HER in the CE. To me, this Cyborg Lady is so iconic, that the first thing that comes to my mind is HER when it comes to anything and everything relating to Cyberpunk 2077. Not gonna lie... she's... helluva sexy of a cyborg!

I am still hoping, however, that SHE will be available to fans thru the CDPR Store at some point.

her character was probably relegated to something smaller or completely removed. she wasn't meant to be an important character she was just a mood test.

I have to say that Keanu as Johnny Silverhand statue would be better. I feel he became a bigger symbol of the game than the dudebro protagonist.

On the other hand, there are probably issues with using Keanu's likeness in statues and it's a separate deal from the game appearance.

On the other hand, there are probably issues with using Keanu's likeness in statues and it's a separate deal from the game appearance.

Exactly. The main issue being additional $$$ that would have to be paid by CDPR to Keanu for such a license. And I bet they already spent A LOT on him.

Exactly. The main issue being additional $$$ that would have to be paid by CDPR to Keanu for such a license. And I bet they already spent A LOT on him.

Well it could've been Jackie. On the other hand, if he turns out to be "less important" character, I guess that wouldn't be great either.

Well it could've been Jackie. On the other hand, if he turns out to be "less important" character, I guess that wouldn't be great either.

Well, he's just a companion character, so not really a natural candidate for CE figurine TBH.

I have posted this image of the Cyborg Lady With The Mantis Blade a few times on CDPR forums...
Always politely asking, requesting, even begging for the inclusion of HER in the CE. To me, this Cyborg Lady is so iconic, that the first thing that comes to my mind is HER when it comes to anything and everything relating to Cyberpunk 2077. Not gonna lie... she's... helluva sexy of a cyborg!

I am still hoping, however, that SHE will be available to fans thru the CDPR Store at some point.

She looks a lot like Silverhand's girlfriend: Alt.

And the mantis blade girl who we totally knew to be just a placeholder image somehow is?

I don't know. Maybe she was the only character that people were able to link with the franchise after those years of silence.

We can hope that other characters will be available as figurines at the CDPR store one day.

I don't know. Maybe she was the only character that people were able to link with the franchise after those years of silence.

We can hope that other characters will be available as figurines at the CDPR store one day.
I am hoping Cyberpunk 2077 will receive the same treatment as The Witcher III, where major characters from the game were made available to fans as figurines. That would be so epic.

@KakitaTatsumaru - :)

To me she will be always representing Cyberpunk 2077. I remember first trailer. It will always be in my head :) Such an awesome art.

Top Bottom