What happened to cyborg chick statue in collectors edition?

+
It is a bit odd that they chose to go with a male V statue. Looking at it from a sales perspective it makes ZERO sense, and honestly, I expected better from CDPR. If you are going to choose a single character option for a statue, you choose something that is iconic. The V character is customizable and can be male or female. Having another character from the game would have been more appropriate.

Apart from the female character in the original trailer, the best other option would have been the Johnny Silverhand /Keanu Reeves character in statue form. Why CDPR didn't go with one of those 2 is a major misstep in my view.

It is a bit odd that they chose to go with a male V statue. Looking at it from a sales perspective it makes ZERO sense, and honestly, I expected better from CDPR. If you are going to choose a single character option for a statue, you choose something that is iconic. The V character is customizable and can be male or female. Having another character from the game would have been more appropriate.

Apart from the female character in the original trailer, the best other option would have been the Johnny Silverhand /Keanu Reeves character in statue form. Why CDPR didn't go with one of those 2 is a major misstep in my view.
Same here..
GirlV seems so sexy. No ideas why they dropped her.
For Keanu I can somehow understand, from immersion-breaking perspective.

Guest 3573786

her character was probably relegated to something smaller or completely removed. she wasn't meant to be an important character she was just a mood test.
Imho, it doesnt matter how big her role is. Like qOjOp said, key word is iconic. Everyone already associates her with C2077. In contrast to that, the current statue makes me (and I think plenty of others) go "Wait what? Who is this now?" And only when I look down at the C2077 logo, it clicks. I think that instant recognizability is important. Not sure what train of thought CDPR was going with here, but I guess those that do buy it will like the current one anyway...

In my eyes the statue is more about the "Akira-esque" bike.
I think the decision on the male V character was only to give the bike an operator.

Because I love that bike.

That bike is sexy.

That bike.

Really hoping for some action figures so the original trailer girl can have a chance at being in everyone's collection.

It will be really cool to see artists who may start 3D printing some characters.

If anyone offers a service that would 3D print your own customized characters after release then they may end up making a good amount of profit.

Last edited:
This is the level of sculpting detail and paint job that would've been soooooo awesome to have in the CE.
I love the statue of V and the Akira style Bike also...

But, look at her. Just look at her... Please make her available at the CDPR store. Thank you.

Attachments

• CYBERPUNK CYBORG LADY 003 SOFT copy.png
    CYBERPUNK CYBORG LADY 003 SOFT copy.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,503
Last edited:
I already have the statue of Geralt, so if it would be anything other than the one we're getting I would have liked the chick as well. One bad ass guy and one bad ass woman.
Post automatically merged:

This is the level of sculpting detail and paint job that would've been soooooo awesome to have in the CE.
I love the statue of V and the Akira style Bike also...

But, look at her. Just look at her... Please make her available at the CDPR store. Thank you.

Yes, I would get that in a heartbeat.

The male V statue and male V on the cover art sounds more like a marketing choice to me.

It reminds me of a while back with what happened to Bioshock Infinite where they tested different box arts with audiences and found that people were more interested in the game when they saw the "guy with gun" cover rather than the "cute girl(Elizabeth) with robot" cover.
That's why Witcher 3's cover is just Geralt standing there looking tough and why Doom 2016 went with the generic FPS cover.

It sucks, but it's reality, more normies are likely to buy the game if they see it on the store shelves and see a guy with gun looking badass.

About the cover: it's reasonable from a marketing perspective that the cover has the male version of V holding a gun, although I think it would be better if it had both versions at the same time, communicating visually that the game gives the possibility of choosing the gender of the protagonist. That would make sense for CP2077 as it does for TW3 with the display of Geralt.

The male V statue and male V on the cover art sounds more like a marketing choice to me.

It reminds me of a while back with what happened to Bioshock Infinite where they tested different box arts with audiences and found that people were more interested in the game when they saw the "guy with gun" cover rather than the "cute girl(Elizabeth) with robot" cover.
That's why Witcher 3's cover is just Geralt standing there looking tough and why Doom 2016 went with the generic FPS cover.

It sucks, but it's reality, more normies are likely to buy the game if they see it on the store shelves and see a guy with gun looking badass.

On the contrary you also have tons of movie and even games with different art that sell as same as good. I mean was it really interest or was it attention or was it "I like this" with Bioshock? Because interest would mean "I want to know more, I want to buy this" but when they show the cover to fans, they are already interested and would by it nevertheless. And I think that is near to always the case. Who really goes into a store, sees a dude with a gun, takes the case and throws 60 bucks on the counter? If that would work this well, low budget movies like The Marine would outsell any big budget production. And even with games everything would sell as same as great as a Call of Duty. In the end that doesn't happen.

So why then do we have boring, unimaginative, unoriginal crap like the Cyberpunk, Witcher, Doom or Call of Duty cover? I think it has a lot more to do with tradition. The feeling of "we have to do it, because we always did it like this, because the others do it too and because someone, somewhere "proofed" that it would be good". In the end though it's not really a matter of reality and that's proven by every single instance something is successful when it does not subjugate to the standards or alleged rules.

Statue:
"Glory". I think if I could I would take off the bike and throw away the rest. The bike really is looking hot as hell but the rest is rather awful. Not from the perspective of how it's made, it's made pretty well judging by the pictures but the scene itself and the pose is disappointing.

I don't get that. I'm much more likely to buy something if it features a cute girl, lmao.

Not sure how legit they are but you can buy a female V statue on ebay. Listed as E3 2018 Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Statue.

What happened to her in the game?
I hope she is in the final version. :love:
I hope so too, I love how the trailer she's in is so confusing. One moment, she is being fired by the men with rifles and armor, and in the next moment the man aims the rifle at her head and almost begins to pull the trigger. I was so worried for her, but then she appears in a vehicle with the same man. I wondered "wait, what? She is okay now? They were working in secret as a team?" Wow, that trailer alone makes me think how complicated and amazing this game is. :)

I have posted this image of the Cyborg Lady With The Mantis Blade a few times on CDPR forums...
Always politely asking, requesting, even begging for the inclusion of HER in the CE. To me, this Cyborg Lady is so iconic, that the first thing that comes to my mind is HER when it comes to anything and everything relating to Cyberpunk 2077. Not gonna lie... she's... helluva sexy of a cyborg!

I am still hoping, however, that SHE will be available to fans thru the CDPR Store at some point.

I hope they will make her available to. Her image is ingrained into the minds of all Cyberpunk fans.

Honestly I forgot that chick was a thing. She appeared in a teaser or two like, what, 3+ years ago?

I'd rather have something more recent and resembles the actual game than some old concept girl.

remember the Action Man figures? that's what I see when I look at the statue. the bike looks good tho.

I mean it did say limited edition, that doesn't mean it needs to remain limited, Perhaps Anniversary edition may suffice / re-release.

A good replacement for the MaxTac recruit girl would be a back-to-back statue of the Mox bouncers from the back and front door at Lizzie's Bar. I think it would be even more popular...

Top Bottom