What happened to the female "V" from 2018? (Poll Inside)

+

Do you want a preset for the 2018 female V?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
YES! I agree so much ...
For TWO nights I've been trying to get a V to fit me, to no avail. The features are always too "soft" or too coarse or vulgar. They don't have the badass side that the 2018 V had, both hard to leather while looking nice and cool, very beautiful and not autainable.
This V was perfect enough that I didn't feel the need to get another one. Moreover I got used to her face and naturally associated her with her voice.

Obviously, with a few exceptions, they did not integrate her features and makeup into the face generator database. And that's my only real disappointment about this game. But it's a fucking disappointment that demoralizes me because it's with her that I want to live the adventure.

I seriously doubt that it's because of performance problems as I've read, her features are no more complex than those I've seen in the game. And if the images of 2019 (on grey font) were made in a very good editor rendering, the 2018 version from the demo is in the same quality level as what we have today in game.
The model may have been made without the face generator. There is a good chance for a demo.
And as much as it doesn't bother me for the male model because all the images we've seen of him are pre-calculated images in a much higher quality than the one in game, as much for V of 2018 I'd like to know what prevented them from integrating her. Especially since V masculine was integrated him if I'm not mistaken! It's just that he' s less realistic in game.

Hopefully they will propose her to us one day. I'm even ready to have her in DLC if I have to.
I'm afraid that they didn't integrate her to avoid that too many people have her in anticipation of importing its character in the future multiplayer.

In any case, what is missing is her makeup, I'm sure she's missing her mouth, I'm pretty sure she's missing her eyes. Her nose is present I think. Her haircut is an intermediary between 1 and 22 (if I remember correctly).
And then the hair and eyebrows are no longer shaved on the side or in the passage of the cybernetic augmentation, but that's not too problematic and it's probably due to the necessity to have hair and eyebrows that fit properly in all cases.

Last edited:
I really dislike male V, he looks like he smells bad lmao

Seriously though, game looks better than GTA characters to me, well least GTA 5, but we need more customization.

You cannot ask for 2018 V to be a preset since none of the options she has is available, you would want a couple new cosmetic options. Honestly same though, I liked the newer female V first, before I saw her in game, but honestly 2018 might not look that good even if we did get it.

Maybe they created this new female character to encourage us to create our own without the one they showed everywhere being our choice.
But unfortunately, there was another one before, and it had character.

photomode_13122020_170212.jpg

well, seems like 2018 female V got shot in the head by maelstrom.:cry:

I hope their one of their free dlc will contain a bunch of new presets with this 2018 V`s preset.
It looks awesome and it is impossible to create it with character customization.

We really need CDPR to take notice of this poll. People want this!

This is like Mass Effect 3. Of course you can create your own character, but a lot of people liked default maleshep and default femshep. It would be like Bioware showing us a version of femshep through in game trailers/walkthroughs and then changing her appearance after release without the ability to make her look like she was. This is especially important since we mostly see male "V" in promotional and gameplay footage. The "48 min walkthrough" video was viewed 22 million times. People had a certain expectation of how Female V would look.

Last edited:
We really need CDPR to take notice of this poll. People want this!

This is like Mass Effect 3. Of course you can create your own character, but a lot of people liked default maleshep and default femshep. It would be like Bioware showing us a version of femshep through in game trailers/walkthroughs and then changing her appearance after release without the ability to make her look like she was. This is especially important since we mostly see male "V" in promotional and gameplay footage. The "48 min walkthrough" video was viewed 22 million times. People had a certain expectation of how Female V would look.

Still remember the small pool BioWare did for the default FemShep It was a great way to involve the community in deciding what the MC would look like as a preset. Wish CDPR would have asked us what would default FemV would look before releasing the game. Then again it was a demo and dataminers already found the scripted sequences but no dice with the models.

< pic of that "demo doesn't rep final product" line that some poor sucker redvoted>

Stop. Just stop. You've been had.

You're probably too young to remember, but that "demo doesn't represent the final" line was always, always, ALWAYS used in the industry for YEARS as a disclaimer on rough, unfinished, unpolished alphas and betas. It was well-known and clearly understood to mean "gaming media, don't judge us on this rough cut, the game's not finished yet."

You get it? The industry has flipped it on you because you don't remember and probably weren't around for the origin of it. Now it's used as an excuse for bait-and-switch tactics and rigged demos that have more work and polish put into it than the finished product.

Stop and think. This line as an excuse for final products being LESS polished than demos is nonsensical and insidious, and you're falling for it hard.

I think she's looking pretty alright;

photomode_21122020_053201.png

Jokes aside tho, maybe we'll get the option for Facial reconstruction in-game eventually! Maybe some new neat options too and you can create that V - just the way you imagined her ;)

Think about Masseffect.
I always used male Shpared default preset. Cus he's face was perfect fit voice and protagonist and gave me much immersion.
2018 female V was perfect like Shepherd before changed.

Unfortunately. In Cyberpunk, when I open inventory and seeing a mirror, ending cutscene, totally break my immersion. Hers face is just like unnamed street npc.

I Just want to play as 2018 version female V. for "Immersion" of dev's goals,
Otherwise, I don’t want to see the V in inventory, mirrors, ending cutscene.
If so. at least I can imagine 2018 V while playing And it won't hurt my immersion.

It's not downgrade. They changed the previous V for a woman of color. Don't remember if it was for International Women's Day or because of the "BLM" movement. And I'm pretty sure you know it.

Top Bottom