What happened to the female "V" from 2018? (Poll Inside)

+

Do you want a preset for the 2018 female V?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
The old female V looks like a display dummy, the present one looks like a human so.. no please keep her the way she is.

Edit: ....In my opinion....

One looks like someone with severe drug addiction (doctor opinion, not bs pulled form my ass) and the older one is attractive, looks like some people I know in facial structure.
The new one looks like she's done a lot of crack for a couple of years. There are photos of crack adicts before and after and 2018 vs 2020 would fit in that category.

Last edited:
There's like this really weird thing now where females in games have to look less attractive than your average women on the street. Reminds of an insecure ex of mine who wouldn't watch any movies with female celebrities that I liked but expected me to watch all her Johnny Depp movies which didn't bother me at all since I didn't lose any sleep over thinking she might leave me for Johnny Depp and I didn't find myself comparing myself to him just because she thought he was sexy.

My guess is insecure females in the industry, games developers etc have brought about this change thinking if they replace attractive women in men's fantasies our standards will be lower. Please note the word insecure because women who are confident and know they're hot stuff could very much care less knowing there are 1500 men on their phones they can call at 3am to help them move if need be.

There's like this really weird thing now where females in games have to look less attractive than your average women on the street. Reminds of an insecure ex of mine who wouldn't watch any movies with female celebrities that I liked but expected me to watch all her Johnny Depp movies which didn't bother me at all since I didn't lose any sleep over thinking she might leave me for Johnny Depp and I didn't find myself comparing myself to him just because she thought he was sexy.

My guess is insecure females in the industry, games developers etc have brought about this change thinking if they replace attractive women in men's fantasies our standards will be lower. Please note the word insecure because women who are confident and know they're hot stuff could very much care less knowing there are 1500 men on their phones they can call at 3am to help them move if need be.

Issue is we have to suffer that. I mean, I am a woman and I love to see equally beautiful women like myself (I am not particularly humble). Why must we suffer and see eyesores because some peeps cannot accept some people are more attractive than others physically? It is like making every new game character extremely dumb so people don't say there's privilege for smart people.

This world is becoming even more like an overbearing nanny instead of a free and open-minded society; current world is becoming as depressing as CP one for different reasons and that's extremely sad.

Last edited:
Issue is we have to suffer that. I mean, I am a woman and I love to see equally beautiful women like myself (I am not particularly humble). Why must we suffer and see eyesores because some peeps cannot accept some people are more attractive than others physically? It is like making every new game character extremely dumb so people don't say there's privilege for smart people.

This world is becoming even more like an overbearing nanny instead of a free and open-minded society; current world is becoming as depressing as CP one for different reasons and that's extremely sad.

Devs can't win. About a decade ago the complaint was developers were overly sexualizing female game characters. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Devs can't win. About a decade ago the complaint was developers were overly sexualizing female game characters. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Devs should be free to make the characters in any way they see fit so long is not openly hating or ridiculing a group. I really feel annoyed when another woman thinks I am in her boat of not liking scantly clad women or stuff like that. I do not really give a damn and I am indulgent in that regard.

Creative freedom is going to the shitter nowadays. Original V was really pretty and nowadays... errr... I see no good objective reason to make her look worse than original.

Tired of arbitrary criteria of "cannot be too beautiful" or more than average-looking just to cater to the insecurities of some people.

One looks like someone with severe drug addiction (doctor opinion, not bs pulled form my ass) and the older one is attractive, looks like some people I know in facial structure.
Whats your problem? I stated my opinion on that matter, even edited my posting to make that clear. Perhaps i should answer to everybody here how wrong they are in their opinion either, is it that what you want?

I tried to recreate a similar version (based on the 2018 model). Gotta say, I was pretty pleased with the results after spending a good hour in the creator.

I tried to recreate a similar version (based on the 2018 model). Gotta say, I was pretty pleased with the results after spending a good hour in the creator.

That's actually really good...I saw someone else post that the earlier demo was probably polished up a bit which is disappointing but not the worst thing in the world. I play on series x so I'm hoping the eventual upgrade to next generation will make the character models pop more and more closely match pc.

still no news of a possible addition of FemV 2018 in the presets?
it's a shame not to be able to create it without mod on console ...
It's as if we were introduced to geralt in the trailer for the witcher and then he disappears in the final game ...
in fact they would just have to add her eyes and her makeup and that would be perfect :)

The model asset is still inside the game with the correct RIG, there is a mod that enables it.

It could be assumed that a different team is handling the character editor and that they did not have access to the non-playable trailer model.

I still don't understand why it's not yet actually available ...
I am not lucky enough to have a pc (thank you rtx 3080 shortage) suddenly it's really frustrating especially since her model is in the game

at times, even special partial pre-render techniques are used to create advertisement runs / screenshots, for the sole reason of creating extra hype. And whenever developers add "does not represent actual gameplay" sort of line (which they did in this 2018's V case) - it's fair game. Whomever get tricked by such a simple trick - have noone to blame but themselves.
Wow, what a take. At the same time claiming deliberately fooling consumers should be beyond criticism, defending the practice of misleading advertising and putting the blame on the consumers themselves. I couldn't disagree more.
We CAN avoid false marketing by making smart purchase choices, practicing patience and not pre-ordering - and it's good to encourage that (instead of kicking disappointed people when they're down, like you are doing) but the fault/blame is on the person deliberately leading people astray, not the ones that were successfully fooled. Just like I'd always rather fault the scammer, than the person getting scammed.

Also, yes, I'd also love the 2018 V. Just starting to play now that the game is a little more complete and disappointed I can't seem to just pick her. Odd decision...

Didn't they create a completely separate build to show off to the press etc?
One with lots of features and graphics options that could never work on consoles and therefore were not representative of the actual game?
Seem to recall that being mentioned in the ongoing lawsuit.

Top Bottom