What happened to the "Witcher senses for COLORBLIND users" setting ?! It seems to've been removed from the settings, yet is still present in code ! :O

+

I really enjoyed this setting that the Next-Gen introduced! (or was it there prior to the Next-Gen too?? I'm not sure...)

Though I am NOT color-blind, I simply preferred the colors employed by it.

For those of you who don't know:
Under the default settings, Witcher senses would highlight curious details in either a dark orange color, or a bright crimson.
Under "colorblind" settings, the senses would highlight the same objects as either a dull yellow-brown or a dark blue, respectively.

Since patch 4.02, I can no longer find these settings in the menus.
However, I am not sure whether THIS precise latest patch was the one that removed them from there.
I set them that way as early as 4.00, and haven't checked what 4.01 did to the menus.

What's interesting: I know that the setting STILL exists at least in the back-end code...
...because my game STILL displays items / tracks / whatever in color-blind mode, as opposed to normal mode.
So it's all just the way I set it back whenever... EVEN THOUGH the setting is now nowhere-to-be-found within the actual menus.

What have you done again, CDPR? :O

It's still there.
1679841026456.png

(It wasn't added by the next-gen update.)

for me it is there in the current version of the game.
however it is only under the gameplay options when accessed from the main menu, which might have caused the confusion.

It's still there.

(It wasn't added by the next-gen update.)

for me it is there in the current version of the game.
however it is only under the gameplay options when accessed from the main menu, which might have caused the confusion.

Thank you !!

Yes, the option IS indeed there !! But ONLY if you access the menu --> Options --> Gameplay Menu while NOT currently in a game session !!

Kinda weird if you ask me... ALL other Gameplay options can be altered at will while INgame... but NOT THIS ONE ?!?
(of course, the Next-Gen additions such as Gwent Decks and alternate appearances are an exception, but at least there IT MAKES SENSE !!)

Why is that so? :O

Why? Nobody know but you can fix it by urself:

go to <The Witcher 3 folder>\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc and edit/open in notepad file: "gameplay.xml"
find line:
<Var id="ColorblindFocusMode" displayName="witcher_senses_colorblind" displayType="TOGGLE" visibilityCondition="mainMenu"/>
and delete: visibilityCondition="mainMenu" or replece to this belowed line:
<Var id="ColorblindFocusMode" displayName="witcher_senses_colorblind" displayType="TOGGLE" />
save file and that's it. Now you can change this settings at gameplay.

Why? Nobody know but you can fix it by urself:

go to <The Witcher 3 folder>\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc and edit/open in notepad file: "gameplay.xml"
find line:

and delete: visibilityCondition="mainMenu" or replece to this belowed line:

save file and that's it. Now you can change this settings at gameplay.
Well, in principle there is someone else who __should__ fix this: CDPR!
There should be no need for players to edit the game files prior to use a setting...

Well, in principle there is someone else who __should__ fix this: CDPR!
There should be no need for players to edit the game files prior to use a setting...
then let them hire me, i'll fix it in a patch ;)

It is what it is, what you do about it? Same situation is with RT optimalization, memory leak, RT purple color issues and many others things that should be fixed by CDPR and are not. That's why the modders community like me doing it, i just love this game and i like to helps other to enjoy it =].

Last edited:
Top Bottom