What happened with Takemura?

+
I was really confused about that, like what exactly happened with Takemura after our unsuccessful infiltration of Konpeki Plaza? He mentioned to us after that he is now on the run and his implants are deactivated but how and why did that happen? Like, when he confront us on a dump, he still contacts Yorinobu about us, saying he found the killer of his father. So that means he is still working for Yorinobu but later for some reason decided to turn against him? And why didn't Yorinobu just kill Takemura instead of sending him off with deactivated implants (if that's what happened) if he didn't trust him?

All I know is, the last playthrough when I actually rescued him but went with Panam's pack to resolve my "biochip issue" he left a video mail where I swear he finishes with a verbal, "koroshiteiaru kuso" or some such which roughly translates to "die you sh**!"...

I'm like, uhhh... was that meant towards me or is he suddenly being attacked by someone? o_O

Yeah, for some reason Yori decided to mark Takemura as a Traitor and sends goons after him. I figure that Arasaka could remotely deactivate Takemura's implants.

Yeah, for some reason Yori decided to mark Takemura as a Traitor and sends goons after him. I figure that Arasaka could remotely deactivate Takemura's implants.
And I really missed that reason. To me it all happened in a blink of an eye, like here I see a bodyguard of Arasaka's headmaster and just 10 minutes after here he is again now on the run and powerless. Like, what the hell happened while I was knocked out?!

After I saved him before leaving even though Johnny was like F that dude. I thought I would get some other out come but yeaa.. He just survives and yeaa..

Like most Characters he disappeared into the abyss...

We can speculate but in reality without more content we just don't know...

There's so many holes in his story and he's the best character in the game, everything about his ending pissed me off. I don't even care to speculate about now.

I figure that Arasaka could remotely deactivate Takemura's implants.
This was a mistake in the stories plot. This asks questions. For really no reason. He's cut off by his people. Can't go near Arasaka. So what would his cybernetic body do at this point, nothing. If he can be remotly controlled. Why isn't he found and killed. It's the same problem I have with V during the EMP moment. Don't have the Relic chip be affected by the EMP. Because I'm going to ask. That would save V.

All I know is, the last playthrough when I actually rescued him but went with Panam's pack to resolve my "biochip issue" he left a video mail where I swear he finishes with a verbal, "koroshiteiaru kuso" or some such which roughly translates to "die you sh**!"...

I'm like, uhhh... was that meant towards me or is he suddenly being attacked by someone? o_O
I'm assuming it's to you for betraying him, but perhaps it's to yorinobu? Who fuckin knows. I don't even know that he actually did the seppuku

Last edited:

because he knew tak was loyal to his father you saw their interaction after he told him it was poison and when tak called and said he had his fathers killer in his custody he saw an opportunity to kill them both and wrap everything up nice and neat.

Last edited:
It's simple, Yorinobo puts 2 plus 2 together, V stole the chip from his apartment, V is seen leaving his apartment after he (Yorinobo) had killed his father, V must die.

Goro finds V, calls Yorinobo like a good dog, Yorinobo says sit, Goro sits, Yorinobo takes away Goro's access to his implants etc and sends kawasaki ninjas to kill both

Goro finally counts to 2 an smells shit

Last edited:

Look at it from his view. Hanako offered you help, honestly and completely, to expose Yorinobu, avenge Saburo, reclaim Arasaka and save your life in the process. To him, it was a win/win/win.

What did you do? You teamed up with a band of Nomads, attacked Arasaka tower, killed countless Arasaka personnel, practically destroyed the tower itself, reaffirmed Yorinobu's control and got Hanako killed.

It would make no sense if he wasn't angry at you.

Just my opinion...

1. Takemura is Saburo's bodyguard, which means, he has certain responsibility to the death of his boss, maybe that's why he got his implants removed as punishment at first place, after he chased down the so called killer(V and Jackie), he will be restored his position and implants back, but we all know that's an excuse...
2. Also, Takemura is loyal to Saburo, which means he will do anything he could to find out the truth of the death of Saburo, that's a big threat to Yorinobu, and that's why he sent out those assassins to hunt them down...
3. CDPR put so many Japanese elements inside 2077, there is noway for them to let go the "ronin" idea...
4. Hanako is raised to be a "good kid", Takemura is raised to be a "good soldier", but only person try to fight the system is Yorinobu, that's why he ran away from home at early age, and decided to come back to destroy the system from inside, but he failed because of V, he is more like Johnny but with different character and different methods, a very sad story...

Put Japanese inside the game is no big deal, but it's kind of old, how many people today still believe Japanese companies could have such power in 2077? It's more like the idea from late 80s or early 90s, even Hollywood doesn't use this kind of idea anymore

they did
Post automatically merged:

4. Hanako is raised to be a "good kid", Takemura is raised to be a "good soldier", but only person try to fight the system is Yorinobu, that's why he ran away from home at early age, and decided to come back to destroy the system from inside, but he failed because of V, he is more like Johnny but with different character and different methods, a very sad story...
Takemura basically sold himself to the devil for a better life.

Just my opinion...

1. Takemura is Saburo's bodyguard, which means, he has certain responsibility to the death of his boss, maybe that's why he got his implants removed as punishment at first place, after he chased down the so called killer(V and Jackie), he will be restored his position and implants back, but we all know that's an excuse...
2. Also, Takemura is loyal to Saburo, which means he will do anything he could to find out the truth of the death of Saburo, that's a big threat to Yorinobu, and that's why he sent out those assassins to hunt them down...
3. CDPR put so many Japanese elements inside 2077, there is noway for them to let go the "ronin" idea...

Put Japanese inside the game is no big deal, but it's kind of old, how many people today still believe Japanese companies could have such power in 2077? It's more like the idea from late 80s or early 90s, even Hollywood doesn't use this kind of idea anymore

It's just how the world of cyberpunk has classically been... And if you have ever visited Osaka, you will understand why Japan is a big part. The architecture has a feel of being on a space station. The over development is beautiful and sad at the same time... A warning about what the future could be.

My issue is actually with the fact that Takemura is so hell bent on being Saburo's ronin he fails to consider that Saburo is not even a real Emporer. He's just a delusional CEO with too much power and massive arrogance. He completely fabricated his Emporer status and people just accepted it, it's like he's larping. In fact, that's not even good enough for him, now he wants to be a god of some kind. He doesn't care about the people of Japan, or any of his "colonies". He farms them and exploits them as asset like any other corporate thug. A real Emporer would have pride for the people and their families, they wouldn't try to cheat death, they'd care especially for the families of their samurai. Takemura genuinely thinks that what he has with Saburo is real when it's not. He's just been indoctrinated via propaganda on Chiba 11 as part of a way to get the boys to embrace forced military recruitment.

I was hoping in the ending, Takemura would realize this and leave Arasaka. It's weird to me that after Saburo cheats death that he would just accept it. And the game left me wondering who's the real descendent of the royal bloodline of Japan? Imagine if Takemura discovered it was him. Ugh, this game could have been so amazing.

Last edited:
they did
Post automatically merged:

Takemura basically sold himself to the devil for a better life.

Goro, as i seen and understood so i might be wrong, was basically born with nothing into a brutal district in Japan where the only hope for young boys his age was a corp "picking" them to go work for them as a soldier, it was considered a honour to be chosen.

If he's guilty of anything its probably naivety and a life of being brain washed tbh

Goro, as i seen and understood so i might be wrong, was basically born with nothing into a brutal district in Japan where the only hope for young boys his age was a corp "picking" them to go work for them as a soldier, it was considered a honour to be chosen.

If he's guilty of anything its probably naivety and a life of being brain washed tbh
While true he still basically works for the devil, and even when given the chance to free himself he won't. Of course all that fancy food and stuff doesn't hurt either.

another cool character wasted in a long list of cool wasted characters
the biggest flaw in this game, when they erase all the bugs, people will see clearly how much potential was wasted with these characters.
The CEOs won't listen. They do not care. And for the well intentioned story writers... I hate to say it, but as someone with a Polish husband... Polish people just don't "get" this kind of stuff. The very first thing my husband said when I ventured into night city "this is game was definitely made by polskis". The Witcher was probably a better Polish game to because there is a part of traditional polish lore that is full of mysticism and witchcraft. And I think they included a lot of witchcraft in cyberpunk for that reason. You'll notice,in fact, Misty is polish herself.

Last edited:
It's just how the world of cyberpunk has classically been... And if you have ever visited Osaka, you will understand why Japan is a big part. The architecture has a feel of being on a space station. The over development is beautiful and sad at the same time... A warning about what the future could be.

My issue is actually with the fact that Takemura is so hell bent on being Saburo's ronin he fails to consider that Saburo is not even a real Emporer. He's just a delusional CEO with too much power and massive arrogance. He completely fabricated his Emporer status and people just accepted it, it's like he's larping. In fact, that's not even good enough for him, now he wants to be a god of some kind. He doesn't care about the people of Japan, or any of his "colonies". He farms them and exploits them as asset like any other corporate thug. A real Emporer would have pride for the people and their families, they wouldn't try to cheat death, they'd care especially for the families of their samurai. Takemura genuinely thinks that what he has with Saburo is real when it's not. He's just been indoctrinated via propaganda on Chiba 11 as part of a way to get the boys to embrace forced military recruitment.

I was hoping in the ending, Takemura would realize this and leave Arasaka. It's weird to me that after Saburo cheats death that he would just accept it. And the game left me wondering who's the real descendent of the royal bloodline of Japan? Imagine if Takemura discovered it was him. Ugh, this game could have been so amazing.

1. I've been to Osaka before, but I think the main reason they put Japaneses elements in 2077 is because the history of cyberpunk, all those movies, comics and games...
2. That's "Bushido", a traditional Japanese culture invented by Tokugawa Shogunate hundred yrs ago, which means a samurai should be loyal to his superior and that's the main idea of Takemura, Saburo saved his life from poor, he will sacrifice his life in return, right or wrong is one thing, but loyalty is always above all, and that's why people feel for Takemura, a loyal, hard working but stubborn friend...
3. This also happend to Oda too, he agreed to hear from Takemura, he agreed to let you leave the city, but he will never allow you to approach Hanako, even that's the right thing to do...
4. If Takemura leaves Arasaka, he will lose not only his faith but also the charisma of this character.
5. I understand why CDPR wrote him like this, it serves the purpose will, to make him not just a soldier lost his army, but a foreigner lost his country, to be honest, how many players won't help this man willingly?

Top Bottom