What happened?

+
No. I think people have unreasonable expectations about Cyberpunk 2077 and performance, especially regarding raytracing.
Cyberpunk is the next Crysis. For a while your computers will be measured how well it will run Cyberpunk.

It is amazing how well they managed to turn an oldgen console game into this. CDPRs biggest sin was the promise that they would develop the game on oldgen consoles. If they hadn't made that promise, they shouldve abandoned old consoles in a flash.

All they need to do is upgrade their video drivers and make sure they're on a fast ssd. I have an I5 that's several years old and a 3070 and after a driver update, I'm averaging 60 fps ( with occasional 45 fps lows and 75 fps highs) at 1080 on Ultra RTX settings.

And I'm running a Linux VM, MANY chrome tabs and windows and tons of other stuff in the background at the same time.

All they need to do is upgrade their video drivers and make sure they're on a fast ssd. I have an I5 that's several years old and a 3070 and after a driver update, I'm averaging 60 fps ( with occasional 45 fps lows and 75 fps highs) at 1080 on Ultra RTX settings.

And I'm running a Linux VM, MANY chrome tabs and windows and tons of other stuff in the background at the same time.
I have a 2060 and a Samsung 860 and I am getting terrible framerate drops when driving, becoming a slideshow when I turn the camera. Changing settings does not affect this. I do not need to just update my driver's and have a fast SSD because I have done both of these. CD Project need to fix serious optimisation issues and other people need to understand that because their system is working fine does not mean that everyone else has caused the problem for themselves and are just missing the easy solution. Many people are having serious issues and are scouring the game files and looking for tweaks to get around this, to suggest all the people having issues simply forgot to update their drivers is ridiculous.

Looks like I spoke too soon. I just installed the latest patch and my framerates halved, down to maxing out at 40 fps. 25 while driving. I'm not even getting 90 (what I have set as max frame rate) in the f-ing menu!

Edit: HAHAHA! Turned out the problem was that I actually started the game through GOG Galaxy after updating. Even with the overlay turned off, if you have GOG Galaxy open and try to run CP2077, the game runs like crap. CDPR can't even make their own damn game compatible with their own damn launcher! I closed Galaxy and the game went back to full speed!

Last edited:
Looks like I spoke too soon. I just installed the latest patch and my framerates halved, down to maxing out at 40 fps. 25 while driving. I'm not even getting 90 (what I have set as max frame rate) in the f-ing menu!

Edit: HAHAHA! Turned out the problem was that I actually started the game through GOG Galaxy after updating. Even with the overlay turned off, if you have GOG Galaxy open and try to run CP2077, the game runs like crap. CDPR can't even make their own damn game compatible with their own damn launcher! I closed Galaxy and the game went back to full speed!

Interesting. I might try that later to see if I get better FPS

I agree, I waited since the first teaser trailer (2012), high expectations, not too high, not overhyped
now, there are many technical problems, bugs, bad performance,
the game seems to be great, I like it a lot, but there are too many issues

I'm waiting for more updates to keep playing, I don't want to experience this game in this current state, I'm waiting
This game needed more time, maybe another year.

Frankly, it sounds like a trouble development cycle - aka development hell.

They had 8 years to build this game and we got a halfbaked and buggy game.

I wonder if they had multiple restarts like DNF. I believe DNF had multiple restarts because they wanted to "keep up with the Jones". So the specs keep getting redone and development had to reset every time. It was pure madness. A case of "perfect" being the enemy of "good".

Frankly, it sounds like a trouble development cycle - aka development hell.

They had 8 years to build this game and we got a halfbaked and buggy game.

I wonder if they had multiple restarts like DNF. I believe DNF had multiple restarts because they wanted to "keep up with the Jones". So the specs keep getting redone and development had to reset every time. It was pure madness. A case of "perfect" being the enemy of "good".
I don't think it was that bad, I think it was more that they tried to cram in as many ideas as possible and ended up reluctantly chipping away at them slowly and slowly instead of focusing on core basics like AI and stability and presto it's 4 years later and everyone is mad that the game still hasn't come out and someone eventually made the decision that pumping it out half baked was better than delaying again for another year, sinking more money into it and hoping that they could ride through the criticism on goodwill they built up from Witcher 3.

QZqRz1X.png

Same thing that happens with every company that starts off well and then becomes successful.

The investors and other big money entities swoop in, involve themselves, and start controlling how things go, because there is big money in video games.

Witcher 3 was a horrible mess full of Bugs for months after launch on ALL Platforms,lest we forget

I played it on launch and TBH it wasn't as bad as Cyberpunk seems to be rn.
And bugs aside, there was also not as many supposed features that were previously implied, promised or even shown that the final game ultimately lacked or exist in a very incomplete state.

That's just my opinion though, no need to spread it around.

Witcher 3 was a horrible mess full of Bugs for months after launch on ALL Platforms,lest we forget
It was not. I played TW3 on PC at launch and had no issues. Cyberpunk is MAGNITUDES worse as far as bugs and glitches, and as far as visuals there is absolutely no comparison. It's night and day. Cyberpunk looks like a blurry, fuzzy stuttering mess. Textures that don't display or are N64 level resolution, aliasing (despite the blurr), low definition, low framerates, freezing, crashes, etc. It's so annoying to turn and look at a car and it appears textureless for two seconds before the (blurry low res looking) textures finally pop in. The draw distance in this game is like 100 yards or less. You can be walking toward a building and the exterior will suddenly completely change. I watched a video where a dude had a $3000+ PC with an $1800 RTX 3090 and was only getting 15-20 fps at native 4K, and only 30fps with RTX off! It's so bad. Is it a wonder it runs on potato settings at 720p on the PS4 and 1080p on the PS5? CDPR really messed up this time.

It was not. I played TW3 on PC at launch and had no issues. Cyberpunk is MAGNITUDES worse as far as bugs and glitches, and as far as visuals there is absolutely no comparison. It's night and day. Cyberpunk looks like a blurry, fuzzy stuttering mess. Textures that don't display or are N64 level resolution, aliasing (despite the blurr), low definition, low framerates, freezing, crashes, etc. It's so annoying to turn and look at a car and it appears textureless for two seconds before the (blurry low res looking) textures finally pop in. The draw distance in this game is like 100 yards or less. You can be walking toward a building and the exterior will suddenly completely change. I watched a video where a dude had a $3000+ PC with an $1800 RTX 3090 and was only getting 15-20 fps at native 4K, and only 30fps with RTX off! It's so bad. Is it a wonder it runs on potato settings at 720p on the PS4 and 1080p on the PS5? CDPR really messed up this time.

RTX 2070 and i7 8700k OCed to 5.1 Ghz here (16 GB RAM) and Im getting 40 - 50 FPS on ultra (RT off, DLSS off).
And yea, sometimes the textures in the distance and pop-ins are quite noticable.
Also despite crowd density being set to high I have yet to see a crowd even a quarter (1/4) of the size of what they showed in their gameplay previews.

No. I think people have unreasonable expectations about Cyberpunk 2077 and performance, especially regarding raytracing.
Cyberpunk is the next Crysis. For a while your computers will be measured how well it will run Cyberpunk.

It is amazing how well they managed to turn an oldgen console game into this. CDPRs biggest sin was the promise that they would develop the game on oldgen consoles. If they hadn't made that promise, they shouldve abandoned old consoles in a flash.
I don't think any game will match our imaginations...

RTX 2070 and i7 8700k OCed to 5.1 Ghz here (16 GB RAM) and Im getting 40 - 50 FPS on ultra (RT off, DLSS off).
And yea, sometimes the textures in the distance and pop-ins are quite noticable.
Also despite crowd density being set to high I have yet to see a crowd even a quarter (1/4) of the size of what they showed in their gameplay previews.
What resolution? Because this dude is only getting 25-30 fps at 4K with RTX and DLSS off on a beast PC with an RTX 3090:
Also, have you noticed how many duplicate NPC's there are? I can't unsee it. I looked in a vehicle and the woman driving and the woman in the back seat were identical. I've seen lots of identical NPC's passing each other all over the place.
And you're right about crowd density. Like a lot of other things, it's nothing like they showed in gameplay previews.

I think you guys ruined your excitement with the amount of expectations

For expecting an RPG experience in a game that called itself an RPG over and over?
Themajor noun in that term is RolePlay. And the lack of opportunities to immerse yourself and roleplay the character V, feel like an actual part of the world. That is what disappointed me. Not that the driving isn't perfect, or that the shooting is not the same as competitive FPS games.

Hell, I love the cityscapes and the story. Art and Narrative Direction are really good.
But you can't call it an RPG cause it has a skill tree and gear with stats, sorry.
Look at actual RPGs that did this tons better more than a decade ago.

Elder Scrolls (yes it is/was buggy as all hell but it had roleplay in it, a crap ton, from the get go), older Fallout titles (esp. NV), Mass Effect, Dragon Age, hell the freaking Witcher (even though it lacked some stuff as well, but it damn well had more interactive elements than this game)
Post automatically merged:

What resolution? Because this dude is only getting 25-30 fps at 4K with RTX and DLSS off on a beast PC with an RTX 3090:
Also, have you noticed how many duplicate NPC's there are? I can't unsee it. I looked in a vehicle and the woman driving and the woman in the back seat were identical. I've seen lots of identical NPC's passing each other all over the place.
And you're right about crowd density. Like a lot of other things, it's nothing like they showed in gameplay previews.

Yea Im only playing on an 1080p monitor.

Personally I'm very confused. It appears almost as if the QA team did not exist. There are so many issues that are self evident that it's confusing as to why they were not addressed.

Let's take for example the simplest of things. The vehicle handling is a freaking wreck. The vehicles appear to have a 15 degree shorter turn than real life vehicles often forcing you to back up when in real life you would just cut the wheel and make a turn. Especially the bikes. Do they not have vehicles in Poland?

It's as if they put people in charge of things they were not capable of understanding or tweaking. Car go forward backward was all they did apparently.

To far more obvious bugs. What pisses me off the most is they don't even have a bug forum. I wish I could hear an explanation because it just does not make sense. Was the QA team incompetent and they fired the people and replaced them or were the programers unable to fix the bugs detected.

Did they close the QA department down and just try to cram the game as fast as possible down our throats instead? So many questions.

You know, there is always the first time. As Ive been saying for years, telling people about the warning signs.

1. the long development progress simply meant that oldgen hardware which they originally planned for was becoming less relevant by the minute. The game had to become a next-gen game, and that forced CDPRs hand.

2. You just can't take a nextgen game and expect it to work "fine" on oldgen hardware.

3. Delaying the total release was simply not an option anymore

4. Delaying JUST the oldgen console release simply didn't make sense as those consoles are becoming less and less relevant as time goes on. The sales numbers for oldgen consoles wouldve been in freefall after 2020.

It really was a catch-22 situation for CDPR, but I don't feel too sorry for them. They really should've never focused so much on consoles. PC hardware will always stay relevant by upgrading itself, so you don't need to worry which year you release your game on. I hope they smart up and focus on PC from now on..
This pretty much. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they'll be able to address this issue on the console side soon. It would be a shame if bugs sent CP 2077 to an early grave on Steam Top 100. Just like they did with KCD

What they SHOULD have done was gone the historic industry dev route. NOT caved into the hype and console player pressure. Waited 1 year before console release. So they could take all the feedback us PC gamers are providing and polish the game for consoles. By the time CP2077 DLC drops (and the upcoming MMO version), CP 2077 WILL HAVE AGED HALF A DECADE.

And no offense or malice intended towards the OP when I say this. But this is what happens when you're NOT playing on the PC platform. And especially since the OPs last gen console is going to be obsoleted over the next 2-4 years. When the game's MMO and DLC will be coming out. What that means for the OP's psudeo intelligent Echo Dot game boy is that it will long have devolved to having the intel of a boat anchor. There won't be any games on the market it would reasonably be able to play at decent fps TBH.

I also srongly suspect the next gen consoles will be kept on their toes trying to juggle overpowered tech the likes of ray tracing, shadows, CPU & video card intensive characters, animations, open world objects etc etc. All without losing fps.

This is why IMO, CDPR SHOULD HAVE WAITED A YEAR TO RELEASE THE CONSOLE VERSION. Now they're facing a potential uphill battle on two fronts. The console gamer side howling about the unoptimized game performance (which will only get worse for their current gen). And potential push back from us PC gamers if any of the more serious bugs end up being game breaking. YT vloggers the likes of Yong Yea and Skill Up have made some serious allegations about the nature of bugs CDPR wasn't exactly being transparent on. But thankfully in my personal experience to date, I've yet to experience any of these game breakers.

This pretty much. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they'll be able to address this issue on the console side soon. It would be a shame if bugs sent CP 2077 to an early grave on Steam Top 100. Just like they did with KCD

What they SHOULD have done was gone the historic industry dev route. NOT caved into the hype and console player pressure. Waited 1 year before console release. So they could take all the feedback us PC gamers are providing and polish the game for consoles. By the time CP2077 DLC drops (and the upcoming MMO version), CP 2077 WILL HAVE AGED HALF A DECADE.

And no offense or malice intended towards the OP when I say this. But this is what happens when you're NOT playing on the PC platform. And especially since the OPs last gen console is going to be obsoleted over the next 2-4 years. When the game's MMO and DLC will be coming out. What that means for the OP's psudeo intelligent Echo Dot game boy is that it will long have devolved to having the intel of a boat anchor. There won't be any games on the market it would reasonably be able to play at decent fps TBH.

I also srongly suspect the next gen consoles will be kept on their toes trying to juggle overpowered tech the likes of ray tracing, shadows, CPU & video card intensive characters, animations, open world objects etc etc. All without losing fps.

This is why IMO, CDPR SHOULD HAVE WAITED A YEAR TO RELEASE THE CONSOLE VERSION. Now they're facing a potential uphill battle on two fronts. The console gamer side howling about the unoptimized game performance (which will only get worse for their current gen). And potential push back from us PC gamers if any of the more serious bugs end up being game breaking. YT vloggers the likes of Yong Yea and Skill Up have made some serious allegations about the nature of bugs CDPR wasn't exactly being transparent on. But thankfully in my personal experience to date, I've yet to experience any of these game breakers.
Console players would be beyond piss to miss out. Also game was being made and talked about way before this new gen.

Top Bottom