What Happened?

+
Dear CDPR. What happened?

Let me start by saying that I am not angry about the bugs or performance launch, these things happen and you have already proven before that these things you can iron out with patches.
On the other hand let me be clear about your biggest fault with this game. It is quite clear that the real protagonist of this game has always been the CITY and not V or Johnny, but how you manage to make this city so barren I cannot understand. First of all you said there would be no minigames, fine that is not the biggest problem. A bit of a dumb move if I may be honest especially since having a gwent like minigame taking place in the cyberpunk world would have been quite awesome, or even a gambling minigame. Yet what I do not understand is how you cannot interract with the city at all to be a wise decision.

-There are food stalls everywhere in the city, but you cannot sit and eat.
-There are bars everywhere in the city, but you cannot sit and drink.
-There are nightclubs in the city but you cannot have one night stand or interract with people there.
-There are ripperdocs thoughout the city, but you cannot sit in the ripperdoc chair and choose your cyberware from there.
-There is an apartment with a gun room with a wall, but you cannot hang up your unique guns to the wall.
-There are prostitutes everywhere, but you cannot interract with them except 2, I will get back to that.
-There are shops that sells braindance videos, but you cannot watch them.

CDPR what is going on?? Dont you remember the scene in Blade Runner when Harrison Fords character sat down and ate his noodles? Did no one in your team say, ''You know what would be cool. If players could do that in OUR game.''

JOYTOYS. You have all of these crazy cyberware npc freaks in the game, of all types. From the Asian inspired doll like npc, to the advertised penis man pumper, and the borg collective. Yet the only 2 JOYTOYS you can choose from, in the entire city, are the blandest looking characters in the entire game...You have really well made sex animations, but you have not jumped on the oppurtunity to add more choice? There are npcs that look more interresting walking around your city then these 2.

Here are my suggestions for you.
-Add sitting down and eat animations by food stalls, you already have it in one of the main missions so why not just add it to food stalls?
-Add for godsake drink animations in the bars and nightclub when talking to bartenders, you literally do that all the time in the main missions.
-Have the player sit in the ripperdoc chair and from there be able to choose the cyberware, maybe even cut to black afterwards and just add some sounds.
-Have the ability to hang up unique guns in the apartment.
-MORE JOYTOYS, it is so ridicoulous that there is only 2 in the entire city, especially when you guys were so proud of presenting full frontal nudity, for no real reason, and have penises and sextoys everywhere...
-Braindance outside of main missions, get rid of being able to buy braindance videos from shops or make it possible to see them. Having them there sold to players is just torture.
-Night clubs, add something to do there... Talk to someone, flirt, drink anything, dance with people not just on your own.

Most of these suggestions can be done with what you have. I beg of you I really want this game to be great, and you deliver on the immersive experience in night city.

PS. 100 Eddies for a night with a joytoy...really? The Witcher 3 prostitues made you bleed money.

Last edited:
i made a thread just like this. you'll get a few people commenting "oh another one"

But yenno what? keep them coming. CDPR need to understand that you cant overpromise and under deliver. and anyone telling you they promised nothing more than what they gave is in denial. you don't spit out some of the marketing BS they have about making a truly special game and one that's "first and Foremost an RPG" and also lines like the one about Blade Runner that you mentioned, without giving players expectations. Not to mention, just basic and key RPG elements?

CDPR 100% knew what they were doing and 100% would somewhat know they've cut a lot of content or flat out never got around to implementing it due to time constraints.

A lot was simply slapped in either last minute or as an excuse to say "yeah our game has this!"

All in all keep these kind of threads coming so that CDPR knows the technical issues aren't the end of the problems. its definitely not a 90 on Metacritic kinda game. Even Youtube game reviewer's a few days in now are starting to make vids on features they've realised aren't in the game after getting over the initial honey moon phase.

It truly does sadden me.

My favorite part is the clothes... All the best clothes are on the NPC and the corpses and V just can't get them, when you go to the most expensive clothe shops in NC and you find ripped up shirts in there for 200 eddies. or the fact you pick what genitals V has then you Never see them ever again and on that once you make your V you never get to change it.

Yup, and the fact that the animations are in the game but not used has to be the most infuriating part of that, it implies that either they never cared or worse they have no way of applying these animations globally for any location with a bar/food.

The BD's being purchasable but not useful make sense to me because they were meant to be used but were never finished or were removed from the game but since they removed so much they forgot to do all the cleanup.

That montage of what is clearly V gameplay during the time skip was most shocking though they didn't even try to hide that those were recorded from functional quests and jobs that were removed for some unknown reason.

Yup, and the fact that the animations are in the game but not used has to be the most infuriating part of that, it implies that either they never cared or worse they have no way of applying these animations globally for any location with a bar/food.

The BD's being purchasable but not useful make sense to me because they were meant to be used but were never finished or were removed from the game but since they removed so much they forgot to do all the cleanup.

That montage of what is clearly V gameplay during the time skip was most shocking though they didn't even try to hide that those were recorded from functional quests and jobs that were removed for some unknown reason.
This is what really saddens me, the fact that things are so clearly meant to be in certain places but have been removed in such blatant ways is just wrong. Them not doing the clean up properly nails it on the head.

The game reeks of me when i was 10 years old and was supposed to have my room cleaned before mum got home but i forgot and just bulldozered everything under my bed in a garbage attempt to hide shit with it spilling out from under.

Let me start by saying that I am not angry about the bugs or performance launch, these things happen and you have already proven before that these things you can iron out with patches.
On the other hand let me be clear about your biggest fault with this game. It is quite clear that the real protagonist of this game has always been the CITY and not V or Johnny, but how you manage to make this city so barren I cannot understand. First of all you said there would be no minigames, fine that is not the biggest problem. A bit of a dumb move if I may be honest especially since having a gwent like minigame taking place in the cyberpunk world would have been quite awesome, or even a gambling minigame. Yet what I do not understand is how you cannot interract with the city at all to be a wise decision.

-There are nightclubs in the city but you cannot have one night stand or interract with people there.
-There are ripperdocs thoughout the city, but you cannot sit in the ripperdoc chair and choose your cyberware from there.
-There is an apartment with a gun room with a wall, but you cannot hang up your unique guns to the wall.
-There are prostitutes everywhere, but you cannot interract with them except 2, I will get back to that.

CDPR what is going on?? Dont you remember the scene in Blade Runner when Harrison Fords character sat down and ate his noodles? Did no one in your team say, ''You know what would be cool. If players could do that in OUR game.''

JOYTOYS. You have all of these crazy cyberware npc freaks in the game, of all types. From the Asian inspired doll like npc, to the advertised penis man pumper, and the borg collective. Yet the only 2 JOYTOYS you can choose from, in the entire city, are the blandest looking characters in the entire game...You have really well made sex animations, but you have not jumped on the oppurtunity to add more choice? There are npcs that look more interresting walking around your city then these 2.

-Add sitting down and eat animations by food stalls, you already have it in one of the main missions so why not just add it to food stalls?
-Add for godsake drink animations in the bars and nightclub when talking to bartenders, you literally do that all the time in the main missions.
-Have the player sit in the ripperdoc chair and from there be able to choose the cyberware, maybe even cut to black afterwards and just add some sounds.
-MORE JOYTOYS, it is so ridicoulous that there is only 2 in the entire city, especially when you guys were so proud of presenting full frontal nudity, for no real reason, and have penises and sextoys everywhere...
-Braindance outside of main missions, get rid of being able to buy braindance videos from shops or make it possible to see them. Having them there sold to players is just torture.
-Night clubs, add something to do there... Talk to someone, flirt, drink anything, dance with people not just on your own.

Most of these suggestions can be done with what you have. I beg of you I really want this game to be great, and you deliver on the immersive experience in night city.

PS. 100 Eddies for a night with a joytoy...really? The Witcher 3 prostitues made you bleed money.

They promised the earth and then mid-development cycle realised that they lacked the time, expertise and patience from share holders to implement the majority of it, so what we ended up with was the bare minimum. People forget that CDPR built their entire reputation off the back of a single game, one that they released broken and for many unplayable which took 3 years of patching and community support to get right. The amount of cut content is staggering when you go back and read the preview articles. I just don't feel CDPR had the necessary resource to deliver on their ambition and this shows in the final product. It feels like an obvious case of feature creep to me, one of their own design since it was them who set such lofty expectations to begin with.

They promised the earth and then mid-development cycle realised that they lacked the time, expertise and patience from share holders to implement the majority of it, so what we ended up with was the bare minimum. People forget that CDPR built their entire reputation off the back of a single game, one that they released broken and for many unplayable which took 3 years of patching and community support to get right. The amount of cut content is staggering when you go back and read the preview articles. I just don't feel CDPR had the necessary resource to deliver on their ambition and this shows in the final product.
Rockstar must be lovin hearing all this backlash

They promised the earth and then mid-development cycle realised that they lacked the time, expertise and patience from share holders to implement the majority of it, so what we ended up with was the bare minimum. People forget that CDPR built their entire reputation off the back of a single game, one that they released broken and for many unplayable which took 3 years of patching and community support to get right. The amount of cut content is staggering when you go back and read the preview articles. I just don't feel CDPR had the necessary resource to deliver on their ambition and this shows in the final product.
Basically the whole situation in a nutshell. that and the fact over half the original stuff that helped make TW3 what it was were long gone. so there were few people left that knew the original code and how to work with it.

All are in the table at CD. :)

Game essentially feels like a tech demo at times that wasn't meant to be released to the public in its current state.
It had to have been slapped together for the most part over the last 2 years or so. There must have been a late stage reboot.

Like, they had the city finalized, but then a 12-18 month window to implement everything else. This is not 4 years of development, and if it is then CDPR must have among the most inept managers/directors in the entire industry.

They essentially killed their own reputation overnight, and you can bet sales of this game are likely to plummet in the coming weeks/months, and on top of that excitement for anything they do in the future will be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.

I hope it was all worth appeasing the shareholders, who probably won't be pleased with the long-term prospects of the decision of releasing the game in the state that it was released. Valuing the short-term gains over the long-term effects is, ironically, the most ultra-capitalist mindset you could possibly have.

There are a lot of things that this game could have done better, for sure, but it is what it is. I happen to like it for the most part, I wish there was more to it, but I'm not really all that disappointed with the experience. I still find the game fun and enjoyable even if it's light on "promised" or "cool" features. At least the game sold well, so that means we'll at least see continued development on it instead of it getting completely dropped or CDPR going belly-up over it.

And about the mentioned things, I think the Ripperdoc shouldn't fade to black. I think you should be awake for the whole thing. Quake 4 had a really cool scene like this that was brutal and disturbing, but also kind of neat to see, and it makes sense within the context of the game to see yourself losing your humanity in favor of some neat little addons. Every implant should require a seat, have a different installation animation, and you should see all the gory details of it (as much as you would be able, that is). Specific implants I suppose could get a pass, like somehow altering your skeleton, but otherwise the majority should play out just like the intro. We also need some vanity chrome, too. I imagine all of this will come in time, though.

Agreed you hit the points i wrote down. ill post mine its long too

so I got 45hrs in. Not going to mention bugs, but the crashing is ridiculous. Ever since the last patch released, the game is crashing about every 90mins-2hrs on Ps4 Pro, every time it crashes it is resetting all my settings (very frustrating). After Jackie dying (crashed 2 times during his death) and being found by Takemura and that situation playing out, the game crashed 5 times within that short span. I never even saw the title intro of "CyberPunk 2077". The game seems to crash in the middle of cutscenes which really ruins the game and any type of feelings you might get from that situation.

All that said one of the major issues for me is. The Story and The Game do not match one F'n bit. This story would be better suited for like a Mass Effect, Last of Us, Mafia 1 & 2 or even a GTA styled open world game where there is way less to do. The story is very very linear and really has no choice based on the outcomes of the ending. The game and all the things you have available to do don't make sense from an RPG stand point, Based on the game design, your character dies within a few weeks from when the world truly opens open after the Watson Lockdown is lifted. The game should've been more opened and allowed for all these Gigs, Side Mission, Cyber psychos etc things to be done in the time period of you and Jackie running around for 6 months, but to open the world when you got a few weeks left to live just kills the game. Who ever was the architect of this game did a terrible job. It feels like the main story is what we should've got as the final story expansion DLC. The way the story ends, I do not see how we are going to get "Witcher 3 styled DLC but more". Unless your creating a new character or playing as that annoying prick Johnny (which I will happily not pay for). Also with the way the story ends and your lack of choice, kills the replay ability for me. I have no desire to restart the game as corpo or nomad as they do nothing other than a different 10min intro and a couple dialogue choices and side quest which doesn't effect anything at all.

The Game itself, wtf happened? What happened to Character Creation? How is it worse than a game like Fallout 4? The way it is, I would rather have them give a generic Far Cry 5 character creation. Every NPC can look better, dress better, better tattoos or style than your character. Really only 5 bodies tattoo's but 11 face tattoos when your see your body and arms 100x more than you ever see your face? What is the point of the genital's? just to see them in your inventory menu bugging out? what purpose do they actually serve the game? What happened to all the animations? I thought the whole point of this game being FPP is for the immersion? You talked about how the cyber implants being installed is apart of the immersion and you completely took that out , what about the eating animations like the perogies in the one trailer or Smoking every trailer V is smoking then you find out he don't smoke. Outside a couple quests those animations are non existent. Then the game mechanics. Overall the Gunplay is excellent, but the Melee, hacking and stealth need some major work. Hacking is clunky at best and messy at worst, the melee is just generic very boring, same with stealth. Usually I would play the hacker stealthy type, ranged assassin as I do in most games. In this game I only do run and gun its the only fun way for me to play the game. Plus the AI is very bad in this game like from a game from 10 yrs ago. Nothing in the game feels "organic" cause its always surprise pop up bad guys or cops, at least have them look like they are running into the scene, instead of surprise pop up right next to you like this is some COD multiplayer. The driving in this game is horrendous I hate it, its just not fun every car and the bikes feel heavy, they all drive like you have a 80mm turbo on a stock 4cyclinder engine with low compression aka the cars just lags and putters until they build up enough boost then they get going, which is how the driving is in this game but by the time you get going you gotta turn. Plus how the heck did you guys design a world with no where to park your car, I mean holy crap is that just terrible. Then its next to impossible to switch camera view or radio stations, so I just tend to walk every where or fast travel. What happened to the extensive relationships that were promised? You get 1 for each sex and that's it. This is nothing like what we got with witcher 3 and triss & yen. That was far better and more meaningful and full of "feels". These relationships feel very hollow after they reached their climax. At least with Triss & Yen there was something there through out the whole game until the end, even after you made the choice of whom you wanted to be with in the middle of the game. Heck it was even advanced further with the Blood & Wine DLC. At this point I see no reason why this game was made as a FPP, the bugs destroy the immersion and all the animations and mechanics that would make it more immersive have been taking out of the game. Actually if this game was TPP it might not be getting the Flack it is since TPP isn't as immersive. Also what happened to Braindance? Has that been completely taking out of the game outside of the mainquest? kinda weird I can buy or find all these braindance but cant do anything with them.

IMO this game needs a giant No Mans Sky/Anthem/Fallout76 overhaul. From the bugs to the story the whole thing needs to be overhauled. This game is nothing what the trailers led you to believe it was going to be. Its a linear story trapped in a open world RPG. There is nothing in this game about making it to the major leagues. Maybe this is the tail of CDPR make it to the majors leagues (Witcher3) just to die right after (Cyberpunk). As of right now, I have no desire to keep playing the game and they will have to do a lot more than fix bugs and graphics to get me to return to playing it.

As of right now I would rate the game 5/10. if you separated the game from the story I would give each a 9-10 (well once they fix the game world I would rate it higher but its a strong 7 right now) but combined both bring each other down to a 5 as they just don't mesh at all.

I have been going slow through the game. I'm running it on a base PS4 and I cannot use the fast travel right outside V's apartment and it won't register on the map. Please fix this.

i made a thread just like this. you'll get a few people commenting "oh another one"

But yenno what? keep them coming. CDPR need to understand that you cant overpromise and under deliver. and anyone telling you they promised nothing more than what they gave is in denial. you don't spit out some of the marketing BS they have about making a truly special game and one that's "first and Foremost an RPG" and also lines like the one about Blade Runner that you mentioned, without giving players expectations. Not to mention, just basic and key RPG elements?

CDPR 100% knew what they were doing and 100% would somewhat know they've cut a lot of content or flat out never got around to implementing it due to time constraints.

A lot was simply slapped in either last minute or as an excuse to say "yeah our game has this!"

All in all keep these kind of threads coming so that CDPR knows the technical issues aren't the end of the problems. its definitely not a 90 on Metacritic kinda game. Even Youtube game reviewer's a few days in now are starting to make vids on features they've realised aren't in the game after getting over the initial honey moon phase.

It truly does sadden me.
Yeah I don't know why they give that reaction the prupose isnt to shit on the game but to give the criticism its deserves because the product we got is not the same. All we want is to bring these issues up to them so that they could fix them and our expeience is better but if its now wrong to do that then at this point I don't know what to tell them.

Yeah I don't know why they give that reaction the prupose isnt to shit on the game but to give the criticism its deserves because the product we got is not the same. All we want is to bring these issues up to them so that they could fix them and our expeience is better but if its now wrong to do that then at this point I don't know what to tell them.
Bang on mate. it seems criticism nowadays even when constructive or rightfully brought on, hurts everyone's feelings.

Well the facts dont care about feelings and the fact is this game just aint close to being finished let alone a finished RPG
Post automatically merged:

Agreed you hit the points i wrote down. ill post mine its long too

so I got 45hrs in. Not going to mention bugs, but the crashing is ridiculous. Ever since the last patch released, the game is crashing about every 90mins-2hrs on Ps4 Pro, every time it crashes it is resetting all my settings (very frustrating). After Jackie dying (crashed 2 times during his death) and being found by Takemura and that situation playing out, the game crashed 5 times within that short span. I never even saw the title intro of "CyberPunk 2077". The game seems to crash in the middle of cutscenes which really ruins the game and any type of feelings you might get from that situation.

All that said one of the major issues for me is. The Story and The Game do not match one F'n bit. This story would be better suited for like a Mass Effect, Last of Us, Mafia 1 & 2 or even a GTA styled open world game where there is way less to do. The story is very very linear and really has no choice based on the outcomes of the ending. The game and all the things you have available to do don't make sense from an RPG stand point, Based on the game design, your character dies within a few weeks from when the world truly opens open after the Watson Lockdown is lifted. The game should've been more opened and allowed for all these Gigs, Side Mission, Cyber psychos etc things to be done in the time period of you and Jackie running around for 6 months, but to open the world when you got a few weeks left to live just kills the game. Who ever was the architect of this game did a terrible job. It feels like the main story is what we should've got as the final story expansion DLC. The way the story ends, I do not see how we are going to get "Witcher 3 styled DLC but more". Unless your creating a new character or playing as that annoying prick Johnny (which I will happily not pay for). Also with the way the story ends and your lack of choice, kills the replay ability for me. I have no desire to restart the game as corpo or nomad as they do nothing other than a different 10min intro and a couple dialogue choices and side quest which doesn't effect anything at all.

The Game itself, wtf happened? What happened to Character Creation? How is it worse than a game like Fallout 4? The way it is, I would rather have them give a generic Far Cry 5 character creation. Every NPC can look better, dress better, better tattoos or style than your character. Really only 5 bodies tattoo's but 11 face tattoos when your see your body and arms 100x more than you ever see your face? What is the point of the genital's? just to see them in your inventory menu bugging out? what purpose do they actually serve the game? What happened to all the animations? I thought the whole point of this game being FPP is for the immersion? You talked about how the cyber implants being installed is apart of the immersion and you completely took that out , what about the eating animations like the perogies in the one trailer or Smoking every trailer V is smoking then you find out he don't smoke. Outside a couple quests those animations are non existent. Then the game mechanics. Overall the Gunplay is excellent, but the Melee, hacking and stealth need some major work. Hacking is clunky at best and messy at worst, the melee is just generic very boring, same with stealth. Usually I would play the hacker stealthy type, ranged assassin as I do in most games. In this game I only do run and gun its the only fun way for me to play the game. Plus the AI is very bad in this game like from a game from 10 yrs ago. Nothing in the game feels "organic" cause its always surprise pop up bad guys or cops, at least have them look like they are running into the scene, instead of surprise pop up right next to you like this is some COD multiplayer. The driving in this game is horrendous I hate it, its just not fun every car and the bikes feel heavy, they all drive like you have a 80mm turbo on a stock 4cyclinder engine with low compression aka the cars just lags and putters until they build up enough boost then they get going, which is how the driving is in this game but by the time you get going you gotta turn. Plus how the heck did you guys design a world with no where to park your car, I mean holy crap is that just terrible. Then its next to impossible to switch camera view or radio stations, so I just tend to walk every where or fast travel. What happened to the extensive relationships that were promised? You get 1 for each sex and that's it. This is nothing like what we got with witcher 3 and triss & yen. That was far better and more meaningful and full of "feels". These relationships feel very hollow after they reached their climax. At least with Triss & Yen there was something there through out the whole game until the end, even after you made the choice of whom you wanted to be with in the middle of the game. Heck it was even advanced further with the Blood & Wine DLC. At this point I see no reason why this game was made as a FPP, the bugs destroy the immersion and all the animations and mechanics that would make it more immersive have been taking out of the game. Actually if this game was TPP it might not be getting the Flack it is since TPP isn't as immersive. Also what happened to Braindance? Has that been completely taking out of the game outside of the mainquest? kinda weird I can buy or find all these braindance but cant do anything with them.

IMO this game needs a giant No Mans Sky/Anthem/Fallout76 overhaul. From the bugs to the story the whole thing needs to be overhauled. This game is nothing what the trailers led you to believe it was going to be. Its a linear story trapped in a open world RPG. There is nothing in this game about making it to the major leagues. Maybe this is the tail of CDPR make it to the majors leagues (Witcher3) just to die right after (Cyberpunk). As of right now, I have no desire to keep playing the game and they will have to do a lot more than fix bugs and graphics to get me to return to playing it.

As of right now I would rate the game 5/10. if you separated the game from the story I would give each a 9-10 (well once they fix the game world I would rate it higher but its a strong 7 right now) but combined both bring each other down to a 5 as they just don't mesh at all.
Spoilers BTW bro

Last edited:
JUNK SIZE OPTION
Bought the game day one from GOG and I was so excited to people to “enlarge” the size of my junk. Been a life long problem for me.. but wanna I put on new pants, my junk glitches alway. This really hurt me. More than the million glitches. I’m not returning the game though, when my game loads right and I see that thing swing.. best $60 ever spent. Thank you CDPR

JUNK SIZE OPTION
Bought the game day one from GOG and I was so excited to people to “enlarge” the size of my junk. Been a life long problem for me.. but wanna I put on new pants, my junk glitches alway. This really hurt me. More than the million glitches. I’m not returning the game though, when my game loads right and I see that thing swing.. best $60 ever spent. Thank you CDPR
Based gamer. This man has his priorities straight. Hope everyone is taking notes.

Top Bottom