What happened?

+
I really wanna know what happened? I can see they wanted to make an amazing game and they were on the right path... who pressured them soo much that they cut half the content...
I'm going to say the same thing that always ruins what could be an amazing game.
Investors and corporate interference.

People who invested in CDPR to fund the project and wanted a payout NOW instead of when the game was properly finished and would be most profitable. It's holiday time so they wanted extra money.
Meanwhile management I'm sure gave the devs insane goals to reach without asking how long it would actually take to reach them. And probably came in making changes on the fly which threw months of work out the window time and again. Because management is stupid and doesn't understand how the actual work happens, they just see emails from investors and then bully the devs to make the impossible happen.

I'm going to say the same thing that always ruins what could be an amazing game.
Investors and corporate interference.
Absolutely. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the pandemic also caused a lot of job cuts, delays, and miscommunication as it did with lots of game development this year. I can't blame it all on the pandemic, because *gestures at the past eight years of development* but I don't doubt it was also a factor.

I just hope that if they do put cut content into the game via dlc that they won't make us pay an arm and a leg for it. I could understand a few bucks here and there, because devs gotta eat, but please for the love of fuck don't make us pay another game's worth of money for what should have been included in the original price.

It seems to be a release date issue. They game should not have had an initial release date when it wasn't ready.

Well one thing that's obvious is that they upgraded their game engine midway through development. Upgrading the engine might have been the bigger issue.

I wanna say the same, Investors and corporate interference pushing them to get it out..

Because so much has been left out.. the main one is our starting lifepath.

Yes the starting three Street, Nomad and Corpo, the story was supposed to be different from each other, but the path u take isn't any different u seem to follow all the same things do the same missions so in away there is no difference u are treated pretty much the same no matter what starting path u pick which is a little disappointing.

and they were on the right path
No. Stats-driven design with no actual cybernetic prosthesis customization nor locational body part damage is NOT the right path.

In those trailers, year before the release, I saw a girl with her cybernetic jaw putting aside, I saw Jonny with one of his arm replaced by a silver badass prosthesis, I saw Kowloon Walled City style neighberhood, I read introductions about different gangs. And see what I got?

Cyberwares just add little to none appearance changes. My legendary tier high tech skin harden cyberwares that was suppose to boost my armor is not even better than a piece of low tech but high level cloth that was made of freaking cloth! Even my high level sunglass that made of glass, or my high level headband that made of some scrap of cloth provides pretty huge amount of armor making my cyberware feel ashamed for been that expensive! And all those cyberwares, no matter how my V was fully implenmented with those, no matter how much damage I took in a fight, they will not at all been damaged even a single bit! They are no different from some random magical "Ring" or "Neckless" in those fantasy games. Where is "CYBERPUNK"???!!! Was this game called "CYBERPUNK" because you can choose your sex organ in the character creation?!
And so much about Kowloon Walled City style neighberhood, there are just a few compounds, one is V's apartment, one is the Cloud, Japan Town seems to be in the right style, but no matter which on of those, you just get access to a very limit area of them, nothing truely vertical, everywhere is flat! Even those Rio de Jenairo style slums provides more layers than those compounds! And the rest of the Night City? I can't even tell if I was play CP77 or GTA!
As for those gangs, what are they? Just some random NPC to fill the map? Nobody from those gangs never ever think of going somewhere else, just stay put, waiting V to come by and sneak upon them! Are they criminals? I don't know. Sometimes they harass some random civilian NPC for days and days and days none stop. Guess they got a Best Hard Working Gangster Prize to win. And after I wipe off some gangsters from a certain gang that has a fearsome name, nobody came after me. Like they were all individuals. Like they were all not from a same gang. Like their gang boss don't know who to deal with such situation. Nothing changes. No consequences.

And the more I play the game, the more I know deep in my heart that they are NOT on the right path! Elemental damage weapon that turns standard bullets into fire, poison or shock magical missiles; Taking shock damage doesn't cause any of my cyberwares to malfunction; The choice on which cyberwares I use leads to a way smaller impact than those perks; The quests that seems to have a time limit doesnot have a time limit at all; The customization of gears seems to have a lot of choice doesn't have that much; All that matters is the level of the gears. It's a mix of Boarderland and GTA, not a Cyberpunk. It's not as bad as that Ghost in the Shell movie comparing to those two anime movie direct by Ashii Mamoru, but its gameplay is not to qualified as a cyberpunk. Its gameplay is just another okish sci-fi. They are not on the right path.

Games always change a lot during development. They probably wanted to do it, but either time or tech was holding them back. I'm getting major No Man's Sky vibes from the cut content in this game. Hopefully like that game they add most of the missing features over time, and it does a PR turnaround.

I think the game is awesome, because I didn't have ridiculously unrealistic expectations based on hype

Which non-isotropic RPGs are so much better than this? Perhaps the Witcher 3, Fallout New Vegas are equally good or in some instances better. But the idea that this game is bad is ridiculous.

Not sure what's so bad, is it that it isn't "woke" enough? Or perhaps to much trans and gay people? To many bugs? We all know new titles are riddled with bugs, so why so surprised? You don't think it matches what was promised, then why make the total noob mistake and have expectations based on hype?

I dismiss all of the above reasons for calling the game bad, it's nonsense.

This game is awesome, just don't go in with expectations you know are too good to be true.

Hehe the problem is they themselfs boosted the expectations. Best RPG ever! i went in with pretty low hype. And i was enjoying the game untill i realised something. Nothing i do makes any lick of diffrence in this world. I cant change any outcome in the quests. i can finish them in diffrent ways but the story continues like on rails... Yea that was it for me. Every single thing dident have to have multiple choises and so on. but some player control over who and what you are would be great. Its not a bad game. just nothing like what they said it would be. Oh and the endings ssssuuuuuuuccccckkkk

I think the game is awesome, because I didn't have ridiculously unrealistic expectations based on hype

Which non-isotropic RPGs are so much better than this? Perhaps the Witcher 3, Fallout New Vegas are equally good or in some instances better. But the idea that this game is bad is ridiculous.

Not sure what's so bad, is it that it isn't "woke" enough? Or perhaps to much trans and gay people? To many bugs? We all know new titles are riddled with bugs, so why so surprised? You don't think it matches what was promised, then why make the total noob mistake and have expectations based on hype?

This game is awesome, just don't go in with expectations you know are too good to be true.

That's one of the weakest defense for this unfinished mess. Don't even expect to be taken seriously while using "woke" in a post like this. You may not have unrealistic expectations, but man sure you have very low ones.

No one ever had unrealistic expectations for this game. We were told what to expect and we took that to the grave. They said it's an RPG so we know what to expect from an RPG game. I don't think anyone is really angry about the bugs. Bugs will be there even if you develop something for 20 years. What's ticking everyone off is the empty promises and false advertisement.

Example:
We were told that this was next level shit RPG with over a 1000 different NPC's who all live their life on a full day and night cycle... Now do you see that anywhere? No you don't. It's not a bug. It's missing content.

I'm not going to go into all the issue's because it's been said a billion times by now.
This game is far from awesome. They even fucked the story up by cutting it and making it into a freaking' montage that doesn't even make sense to all life paths.. search it up and you'll know what I mean.

Is should have been delayed until next year [...].

We were told that this was next level shit RPG with over a 1000 different NPC's who all live their life on a full day and night cycle... Now do you see that anywhere? No you don't. It's not a bug. It's missing content.

This is one of the main complaints I read about. But imagine if you didn't know about ridiculously hyped promises like that, then you wouldn't be disappointed for those not being in the game, right?

Why do gamers make the same mistake over and over again? Fall for hype that is just meant to increase sales. Always we hear about superb features never seen before in a game, and always we get surprised for those same insanely unrealistic features not being there as we imagine them.

You have a right to be disappointed, but I am not because I don't buy into hype like that.

Just list up all the RPGs you think are so much better than this game... I could argue 1 or 2 non-isometric RPGs are as interesting and good, how about you?

Top Bottom