What happens when you die?

+
The title pretty much says it. What happens when you run out of health? Do you die, then the last save point reloads for you to restart? Or do you just respawn near a hospital like in GTA? If you have a trauma team membership, would they take you to the nearest hospital and fix you up? Possibly going through a cut scene when you are in an ambulance, and seeing trauma team giving you medication and surgery.

If we don't have a trauma team membership, would the player just re-spawn with his/her last save? Possibly knocking points off our stats, every-time we die without a trauma team subscription. That way, the game encourages us to buy a trauma team membership so we don't loose our stats.

I just hope that the death/injury mechanic is irregular, so we can see different outcomes for distinct injuries and deaths.

You reload the game, I believe. I don't think there's plans for anything irregular right now. My memory could be failing me, though.

You see this bright light as oxygen deprivation hits your brain, accompanied by a feeling of euphoria as the brain itself prepares for your demise, followed by [REDACTED] and then you wave goodbye to the goat.

I know, it's strangely pleasant. Not at all what you'd expect from that afterlife sentence.

Oh, wait, in the game?

You probably reload, load a prior checkpoint, or wake up in a hospital. Depends on how they code it.

in the game when they die in the hospital and pay for all services to dare to dare to lose money and are re-injected in the new chosen body

This makes me curious if we'll be able to have the trauma team save us. They look so sexy in this game I'd get critically injured on purpose just to see them :love:

As for death I'm gonna go with reloading a checkpoint as well. This game doesn't seems like a respawn system would fit, but maybe there will be a bleed out counter where we can be saved by a companion if not the TT.

Your nanobot infused soylent green paste takes over whatever random host eats it and your cyber-self is downloaded into the host brain.
It's a new way of identifying as another gender, race or species, albeit randomly.

The title pretty much says it. What happens when you run out of health? Do you die, then the last save point reloads for you to restart? Or do you just respawn near a hospital like in GTA? If you have a trauma team membership, would they take you to the nearest hospital and fix you up? Possibly going through a cut scene when you are in an ambulance, and seeing trauma team giving you medication and surgery.

If we don't have a trauma team membership, would the player just re-spawn with his/her last save? Possibly knocking points off our stats, every-time we die without a trauma team subscription. That way, the game encourages us to buy a trauma team membership so we don't loose our stats.

I just hope that the death/injury mechanic is irregular, so we can see different outcomes for distinct injuries and deaths.

In an RPG which goes all actionny because of "funny", it would be out of place.

If you die, you die. Time to reload.

However.... If you happen to have invested in a TT insurance, there could be a chance (!) of getting saved based on the level of your injury (how much your HP goes below 0 - though, obviously too much is too much there too) and the level of your insurance. The level of injury sets the chance of survival which is then countered by your TT insurance modified by your location (safe area might give a bonus, dangerous area might give a hit as the T-Team has to fight). So, in effect: 100% - injury + insurance +/- situatio/location. Or something like that.

It shouldn’t be an infallible lifesaver at least before you can afford really high levels of insurance. And for gameplay purposes... the player should probably need to buy each insurance (one time TT chance) separately.

Youre character falls down and is looking at the sky/ceiling. Your vision is blurring in and out. Everything sounds muffled and far away. You see your enemies walk over and stare at your dying body.

Slowly, your screen fades to black. You hear what sounds like a horse drawn wagon going and then, in bright, white letters you see:

THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM

If the religious propaganda I was repeatedly shown as a child is to be believed, a TRUE RPG comes with a RL revolver as the earliest and most hardcore iron-man implementation.

You see this bright light as oxygen deprivation hits your brain, accompanied by a feeling of euphoria as the brain itself prepares for your demise, followed by [REDACTED] and then you wave goodbye to the goat.

Man, I always thought I'd be waving hello to the goat at that point!

Already mentioned, but I second the idea of buying trauma team insurance! ;)
What was the level of Sandra's membership in the gameplay demo? Platinum?

Without that though...maybe this?

I jest, but likely it will be a checkpoint or reloading a save.

Frankly I'll be doing my best not dying by chugging down the equivalent of these fine products:

I like how Borderlands 2 handled it with the New U stations:

yea thats nice ! but that's borderlands! there maybe be cloning tech in 2020 but No U clone device was not part of the original Cyberpunk 2020 rpg. and it would not be cyberpunk if they Did.

Borderlands what shit game that was. oh look a cool gun 2 levels later. oh look its now a useless BB gun. GUNS SHOOT BULLETS AND BULLETS AT SUPERSONIC VELOCITIES KILL! Borderlands was fucking Garbage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom