what happens with old game?

+
what happens with old game?

I have the witcher 2, when i was on chapter 2 I saw that had forgoten some some quest, them I began the game but is inposible to finish the prologue,
when I have to enter C to get the points can not continuos, 7 times the same, i put the new point, dont have any other and the game is asking to give the points. Where if I dont have any, this is an old game, from 2011 more or less, and have this bug? That´s incredible, I dont now what to do, maybe fallow the saved games and forget to begin a new one, if som one knows how to solve this, please tell me

Sounds like you are playing on Hard, Insane, or Dark difficulty. Check your difficulty level. When you select "Load Game" and you're in the list of saves, it will say something like "DARK - 04/29/2014 23:05:17".

At these levels, the Character ( C ) screen does not permit allocating talents. You have to meditate and select "Character" to allocate talents.

This is not a bug, but it trips many players the first time they play at Hard or above.

Last edited:
Hmm, I never just allocated (although not playing on Dark Mode). I always did it through the meditation menu, and topped up depleted oils and potions while there. (usually levelling happened during/after a biggish fight, or I upgraded the character during preparation for the next biggish fight).

sorry, maybe my english is not good enough, I mean that is a bug, when playing the prologue, I continuo playing without a prologue and there are a lot of bugs, some times when the caracter is going for a door, the screen became in black and I have to reinitiate the computer, other times when finishing a batle the caracter dont move. My computer is very good, I have all the drivers in the latest vertion, I think is a problem of the game, maybe because is an old game they dont want to fix it, I dont know. I´m going to take off the game and put in again, maybe in this way I solve the problems

sorry, maybe my english is not good enough, I mean that is a bug, when playing the prologue, I continuo playing without a prologue and there are a lot of bugs, some times when the caracter is going for a door, the screen became in black and I have to reinitiate the computer, other times when finishing a batle the caracter dont move. My computer is very good, I have all the drivers in the latest vertion, I think is a problem of the game, maybe because is an old game they dont want to fix it, I dont know. I´m going to take off the game and put in again, maybe in this way I solve the problems

It sounds like files have been damaged, tampered with, or deleted, or the game or a patch was badly installed. The bugs you describe are typically consequences of that. They are not bugs anybody who is playing an intact game on a well-running computer will encounter.

I'd uninstall and reinstall. When reinstalling, do not click through any error messages. If there is an error, the install has failed. If you continue a broken install, the manner of problems you have seen will almost certainly occur.

Top Bottom