What i expected from Cyberpunk 2077

+
So majority had obviously high expectations.. I am new here i don't know where too post "what i expected list" so here goes.. or maybe its not allowed idk :D i just want this out of my chest.

What i expected in this game :

[ Deep apartment/house customization ]
[
Buying new Apartments/houses ]
[
Car/motorcycle customization ]
[
Minigames : such as bowling, card games, arcade games etc.... these are small examples i mean"overall interactive things" ]
[
Deep Character Customization ( things like cyberwares/tattoos were lacking ) ]
[ Lively nightclubs where things are crazy in there get high / do drugs / get drunk, tons of npc's dancing around.. ' now its just cool music with bored/zombie like npc "dancing" here & there. and too few as well. ]
[
Bars where you can sit & have a drinking animation "perhaps the possibility too talk with random npc "yknow how it goes in irl bars" ]
[
Immersive realistic dates with whoever you are with ]
[
Immersive sex scenes or romantic scenes with whoever you are with ]
[
Being a NCPD officer and doing epic missions "was my first imagination from the very first trailer i saw" ]
[
Epic gangs /creating/customize your own gang & start gang wars ]
[
Deep character backstory in which we choose our personality & what path we will be on and what the reason is of becoming "the best" or live like a "legend" like example i choose "nomad" but what kind of person am i? there was no personality options at all ]
[
Epic police system with chasing, bribing & arresting ]
[
Unique npc's that has immersive reactions/behaviors.. ' as of what i have seen in my game the AI is non existent ]
[
Buying from npc shops. like you can explore the city and pass across hundreds of shops yet you can't buy from 99% of them.. i saw clothing shop and nope can't buy. some decoration shops. nope ]
[
Dynamic hand to hand combat system ]
[
i also expected the game too look... more futuristic ?? i don't know but early gameplay from 2018 the game looked more futuristic then when i play it now. could be the small details that are missing such as in your apartment window there was a "holo screen on the window glass with various of options" whereas now we have "generic open & close button" ]
[ A Optimized game when i heard the requirements "pc specs" i was shocked and relieved.. i thought with my 2080 TI, i was gonna get smooth stable 80+ fps on max settings 1440p and then with raytracing on + dlss 2.0 hoped for 65-70 fps. and what i get playing the game is 35-45 fps drips in some area's.. some places 60-80's without raytracing.. & dlss on quality
with raytracing & dlss 20-55 fps switching too other dlss options is no big help.. " this is 100% fixable " so i don't mind it " i just expected it too run smooth " ]

these expectations above are what would make me feel that the game is really alive, and yes even awkward stuff like sex scenes & more romances..
for me a openworld game is about immersion and since this game was meant too be for mature audience so i imagined there would be things to do other then shooting & looting.. because right now that's what cyberpunk 2077 is..

more expectations but i will leave it at this right now :D

kind regards
VK

Last edited:
Sounds cool, but (there is always BUT) they had not time to do thing they wanted so this is just dream, not expectation. You should go back to the ground where things are possible.

I know, you are customer and you don't care, you just want things. I get it and I understand, well.. you have to believe they will add at least some of these things you mentioned here.

Don't get me wrong! I like things you expected, but I know not everything you want is necessary real. I'll be fine with more badlands and better AI. That's all I need.

What I expected is that the implants would alter the appearance of the character, after all V does not have a real skin implant.
I have no doubt that we are going to end up seeing several of the things you mentioned at least in multiplayer.

But what I really want is that the mod tools that the game will have at least reach the level of those that Skyrim has because many of the things that are missing are easily fixable with mods but for this we need good tools.

Sounds cool, but (there is always BUT) they had not time to do thing they wanted so this is just dream, not expectation. You should go back to the ground where things are possible.

I know, you are customer and you don't care, you just want things. I get it and I understand, well.. you have to believe they will add at least some of these things you mentioned here.

Don't get me wrong! I like things you expected, but I know not everything you want is necessary real. I'll be fine with more badlands and better AI. That's all I need.

that is where i get confused yknow.. CDPR did write in their first trailer " coming: when it's ready and then later on the day we waited for happens " no one pushed or demanded it" the first reveal of the release date was all on CDPR and even brought Keanu reeves too reveal it... 16th April, Everyone's thoughts were like : its finally ready.. Here i wrote more about how it went down with release announcement & delays ----> https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/wheres-the-game-we-saw-in-the-trailers.11046860/page-15#post-12412514

So CDPR underestimated their own project that their own idea's would never be reality? If they had decided not too attend the E3 and too just talk too the community about the game " not revealing the date " there would never have been a tension among the fans that began after the second delay 16th November.. they should have waited for the first release date reveal.. it could have been late 2021 and everyone would be cool with it... of course if they had decided that.. the early gameplay footages they released would have been set on longer dates during the 2019-2021 period.

I hope we get a official confirmation soon that they can add all the features they said in the game later on or perhaps completely new features. :)

Last edited:
So everyone had obviously high expectations.. I am new here i don't know where too post "what i expected list" so here goes.. or maybe its not allowed idk :D i just want this out of my chest.

What i expected in this game :

Deep apartment/house customization
Buying new Apartments/houses
Car/motorcycle customization
Minigames : such as bowling, card games, arcade games etc.... these are small examples i mean"overall interactive things"
Deep Character Customization ( things like cyberwares/tattoos were lacking )
Lively parties where things are crazy in there get high / do drugs / get drunk, tons of npc's dancing around.. ' now its just cool music with bored/zombie like npc "dancing" here & there. and too few as well. '
Bars where you can sit & have a drinking animation "perhaps the possibility too talk with random npc "yknow how it goes in irl bars"
More realistic dates with whoever you are with....
Immersive sex scenes or romantic scenes with whoever you are with..
Being a NCPD officer and doing epic missions "was my first imagination from the very first trailer i saw 😊 "
Epic gangs /creating/customize your own gang & start gang wars
Deep character backstory in which we choose our personality & what path we will be on and what the reason is of becoming "the best" or live like a "legend" like example i choose "nomad" but what kind of person am i? there was no personality options at all.
Epic police system with chasing, bribing & arresting.
Unique npc's that has immersive reactions/behaviors.. ' as of what i have seen in my game the AI is non existent '
Buying from npc shops. like you can explore the city and pass across hundreds of shops yet you can't buy from 99% of them.. i saw clothing shop and nope can't buy. some decoration shops. nope..
Dynamic hand to hand combat system.
i also expected the game too look... more futuristic ?? i don't know but early gameplay from 2018 the game looked more futuristic then when i play it now. could be the small details that are missing such as in your apartment window there was a "holo screen on the window glass with various of options" whereas now we have "generic open & close button"

these expectations above are what would make me feel that the game is really alive, and yes even awkward stuff like sex scenes & more romances..
for me a openworld game is about immersion and since this game was meant too be for mature audience so i imagined there would be things to do other then shooting & looting.. because right now that's what cyberpunk 2077 is..

more expectations but i will leave it at this right now :D

kind regards
VK
I agree on several of these items. CDPR did a great job, but CP leaves me feeling a bit bored. I was expecting a living world with tons of customization and exploring. Right now it just seems to be the same encounters spread out over the map.

that is where i get confused yknow.. CDPR did write in their first trailer " coming: when it's ready and then later on the day we waited for happens " no one pushed or demanded it" the first reveal of the release date was all on CDPR and even brought Keanu reeves too reveal it... 19th April, Everyone's thoughts were like : its finally ready.. Here i wrote more about how it went down with release announcement & delays ----> https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/wheres-the-game-we-saw-in-the-trailers.11046860/page-15#post-12412514

So CDPR underestimated their own project that their own idea's would never be reality? If they had decided not too attend the E3 and too just talk too the community about the game " not revealing the date " there would never have been a tension among the fans that began after the second delay 19th November.. they should have waited for the first release date reveal.. it could have been late 2021 and everyone would be cool with it... of course if they had decided that.. the early gameplay footages they released would have been set on longer dates during the 2019-2021 period.

I hope we get a official confirmation soon that they can add all the features they said in the game later on or perhaps completely new features. :)

Heh, yeah of course they underestimated their own project, don't forget they are still indie studio which making AAA(A) (it mean how game is expensive not how good or big is) with limited budget. Not every studio can delay their game for a year like Microsoft did with Halo Infinite or like Take-Two doing with Rockstar Games. It seems they (unfortunately) HAD to release Cyberpunk 2077 this year because another delay is very expensive.

Look at last delay announcement, we saw everywhere how people are cancelling their preorders. And not only that, you have workers in your company which have to be paid, you have marketing campaign which have to be paid again. This is something we have to understand. I hope they will never be under big corpo like Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Take-Two, Tencent etc etc but we should count with it in the future.

Don't get me wrong, unfilled promises are shame, but as I said.. we have to understand and still trust them. They never let us down, everyone know how they care about their games. I'm not saying you CAN'T blame them for this mistake, you should but you should understand situation they are in.

btw. This is of course my guess, but I think I'm not far from the truth.

What I expected is that the implants would alter the appearance of the character, after all V does not have a real skin implant.
I have no doubt that we are going to end up seeing several of the things you mentioned at least in multiplayer.

But what I really want is that the mod tools that the game will have at least reach the level of those that Skyrim has because many of the things that are missing are easily fixable with mods but for this we need good tools.

Trust me its better too forget the multiplayer.. I have seen a recording released on reddit and someone wrote the all the Q&A down in the reddit and one of them being.. that Multiplayer will "maybe" come out in 2023, but right now we will focus on fixing & improving our singleplayer game... "was something like that i think ".

Thing is there was so much hype and buildup surrounding this game that there's no way it could meet everyone's expectations, people build up and imagine how the things they want to see in a game will be implemented that when it doesn't match their sometimes unrealistic wants and expectations they lose the plot and throw all the toys out the pram.
Now I'm not saying the game couldn't be better and that CDPR didn't overhype it and not deliver what they showed in trailers etc but if you ignore all the hype and missed expectations it's not a bad game, I'd even go so far as to say it's a great game and Night City is an amazing achievement design wise but so many people had this personal tick list of things they expected to be in it that when things don't match this well just take a look on social media and forums, reddit etc to see how that's turned out....

Trust me its better too forget the multiplayer.. I have seen a recording released on reddit and someone wrote the all the Q&A down in the reddit and one of them being.. that Multiplayer will "maybe" come out in 2023, but right now we will focus on fixing & improving our singleplayer game... "was something like that i think ".

I think it was already announced they are planning release multiplayer not before 2022 and with struggle they had with base game I think 2023 or 2024 is more real.

Heh, yeah of course they underestimated their own project, don't forget they are still indie studio which making AAA(A) (it mean how game is expensive not how good or big is) with limited budget. Not every studio can delay their game for a year like Microsoft did with Halo Infinite or like Take-Two doing with Rockstar Games. It seems they (unfortunately) HAD to release Cyberpunk 2077 this year because another delay is very expensive.

Look at last delay announcement, we saw everywhere how people are cancelling their preorders. And not only that, you have workers in your company which have to be paid, you have marketing campaign which have to be paid again. This is something we have to understand. I hope they will never be under big corpo like Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Take-Two, Tencent etc etc but we should count with it in the future.

Don't get me wrong, unfilled promises are shame, but as I said.. we have to understand and still trust them. They never let us down, everyone know how they care about their games. I'm not saying you CAN'T blame them for this mistake, you should but you should understand situation they are in.

btw. This is of course my guess, but I think I'm not far from the truth.

But if they never had announced the first release date.. then there would have never been a delay.. :D you miss understood me... imagine they announce their first release date today: random example 5th July 2021 you think anyone would have complained? that moment everyone would think the same " that is the date the game is "ready" just as we did with the first announcement of 16th April 2020, CD projekt red is still seen as indie game studio? i didn't know that for me they grew into a triple A studio on their success with Witcher series yknow. but still i am sure money was not a issue for them at all..

i apologize my English is very basic

Just my opinion, but with the current state of the game I think any plans for MP should be shelved until we get a proper single player game. There are so many missing elements to CP that should be a priority.

I agree on several of these items. CDPR did a great job, but CP leaves me feeling a bit bored. I was expecting a living world with tons of customization and exploring. Right now it just seems to be the same encounters spread out over the map.

CDPR did do a insanely beautiful job crafting the city.. there is a mod that increase draw distance on nexusmods which makes the game even look more beautiful "from screenshots it does seem too hit fps a little bit" but yeah nothing else to do other then shooting & looting..

CDPR did do a insanely beautiful job crafting the city.. there is a mod that increase draw distance on nexusmods which makes the game even look more beautiful "from screenshots it does seem too hit fps a little bit" but yeah nothing else to do other then shooting & looting..

I agree! Visually it is a gorgeous game with some cool features, but overall just not what I expected.

I didn't have HIGH expectations, but the problem is that they changed it from RPG to action adventure game or whatever...which it is, the story itself is great, yeah I may not like it's still heavily prescribed so many choices really doesn't matter and so doesn't the life paths but ok, I actually wasn't even interested in the story at all, I hoped for a great side content which is lacking.
I'll start with side quests...I dunno why many people LOVE it so much...90% of these quests are the same...go there and save, kill, find someone/something - maybe there's more story telling quests later, haven't found one interesting yet.
The the so called activity withbworld is missing, and I don't want to hear that I had high expectations, no...is it a problem to add eating/drinking animations at bars? At some foodstands? I mean...COME ON, they were saying how the 1st person view drags the player more into the game...yeah, it does, during a story...but when you're not playing the story the game feels sooo empty, empty like games 10+ year old. Just add more animations god damn...you're installing freaking BLADES in your arm and no animation? Omg at least let V sit on the freaking chair.
V's apartment could have been better, now I don't have the need to go there at all + there definitely could be hotels placed around the map.
Mature content is just terrible they said how it's going to be for adults but all I see is a penis/vagina during character creation and that's it, the city itself advertises sex, but when you actually play this game it feels like game made for 12 years lld teenagers. It's just a wasted potential...imagine going to a bar, SITTING dowm and enjoying the view at a dancer while reading SMS or another things you collected but didn't have time to read...or you could read them somewhere else! At a coffee stand woth a coffee in your hand or just something what would add this element of LIFE in game outside of fhe story.

The only expectation I had that was really let down was I thought you would control V's personality and motivations more, everything I saw pointed to that, with the first person camera and choosing a 'life path' and other aspects prior to release. Sadly you just have to follow this guy's personality and have some variation on it. I wouldn't have been so disappointed in this if I was aware that V was going to be a heavily constructed character but this was not the case and for me I don't think that was clear.

Im probably one of the most critical people here when it comes to CCPR's Cyberpop 2077 but my expectations where in my opinion not beyond reason, at least my baseline expectations which were first and foremost a playable game, an RPG and a Night City that was more dystopian (according to cyberpunk genre) than your average modern day real world city.

That baseline expectation was entirely missed and horribly so. Never mind the quality of the game itself and features.

I only expected AI at the level of 2021, not at the level of 1995, a better loot/weapon customization system and a possibility to sit in a nightclub sipping my drink and watching girl braindance.
I don't need minigames or buying houses.

I'm just hoping that they take a no man sky route and fix it all in free dlc. I dont know how I feel about buying any.

I'm just hoping that they take a no man sky route and fix it all in free dlc. I dont know how I feel about buying any.

What Hello Games did with No Mans Sky is the bench mark. If all CDPR does is primarily story DLC instead of making the game better with content that makes the game worthy of playing outside of the story then I'm not interested even if it is free.

If they make the game much better through improving the outside of story experience, then I'm very interested in even story DLC free or paid but I need an immersive dystopian world and a game that is fun to play outside of the story segments first.
Post automatically merged:

I only expected AI at the level of 2021, not at the level of 1995, a better loot/weapon customization system and a possibility to sit in a nightclub sipping my drink and watching girl braindance.
I don't need minigames or buying houses.

That is of the utmost and extreme importance to me as well.

Top Bottom