What I learned at 4000+ MMR

+
ArianeGrosmont;n9351831 said:
frbfree - your insight is much welcome. i kinda stopped playing almost completely about 2 months ago, when I was rank 16, and now that I know what might be waiting round the corner for those who make it to rank 20, I'm totally kicking myself (which is especially hard in my current fat condition). So I'm wondering if you could answer a couple of questions: 1.how long did it take you to make it to 4000? (Not that I think i'll make it in a week, especially with HenryGrosmont hogging the computer :p ) 2. What faction are you playing in ranked? the reason I'm asking is that you seem to be all ''monsters are a piece of cake'' - while my SK deck has the lowest win ratio against monsters (less than 50%!)
cheers, a

I went from 17 to 20 in about 2 days playing an Emhyr Mill Nilfgaard Variant.

Vilgie, Tibor, Avallach, Regis HV. Sweers, Peter, Albrich, Cantarella, Decoy, Treason. 2 Ambassadors, 2 Emissaries, 2 Rot Tossers, 1 Impera Brigage, 2 Nauzica Banners, 1 Nauzica Something or other (deal 5 damage to a spy), 2 Lacerates, 3 Golems, 2 Vicovaro Medics.

Good luck friend! I'm sure you can get there one way or another!

frbfree;n9353591 said:
I went from 17 to 20 in about 2 days playing an Emhyr Mill Nilfgaard Variant.

Vilgie, Tibor, Avallach, Regis HV. Sweers, Peter, Albrich, Cantarella, Decoy, Treason. 2 Ambassadors, 2 Emissaries, 2 Rot Tossers, 1 Impera Brigage, 2 Nauzica Banners, 1 Nauzica Something or other (deal 5 damage to a spy), 2 Lacerates, 3 Golems, 2 Vicovaro Medics.

Good luck friend! I'm sure you can get there one way or another!

I'm still not sure why you call something Mill just because it makes your opponent draw some extra cards. it's not mill until they're out of cards. you need a lot more draw to achieve that.

scorba;n9354851 said:
I'm still not sure why you call something Mill just because it makes your opponent draw some extra cards. it's not mill until they're out of cards. you need a lot more draw to achieve that.

Well, since I'm not a computer player, I can't offer you a friendly, but I can tell you that it draws most 25 card decks out by Round 3. And honestly, it doesn't even need to do that to win. Swim's Millege deck has never drawn me out, and I have more thinning than most. Most people can thin their own bronze cards without my help. If the opponent is stuck with two cards at the end of the match, and one is silver and one is gold, then Vilgefortz and Tibor will do their job.

The purpose of a Mill deck, named after Millstones from MtG, is not JUST to draw people out. Anyone familiar with that game will tell you so. I don't want to draw them out, just to put cards in their hand where they can play them anyway. The point of a Mill Deck is to hopefully deny them from playing useful cards in their deck, presumably by putting them in their graveyard with Sweers (and in the case of Spotters and other in-deck buffers, with Regis: HV) or taking them with Treason.

idomyownstunts;n9355701 said:
But keep going, where's that popcorn gif?
Here, have a seat...

idomyownstunts - oh, how dull life would be if people took your advice and grew up

But anyway, what's the problem with frbfree calling it a mill deck? I mean, first of all, I asked him what kind of deck he was playing, I didn't ask him for a thesys about the long term philosophical ramifications of misstating a deck's intent. most imaginative decks would not be ''pure 100%''mill or pure 100% anything, so using a couple of words to give the general idea may end up being not 100% all incompossing of every aspect of the deck and its' uses. Second, if I build a deck I can call it whatever I want. I can make a consume deck and call it ''queensguard''. I can make a NG spy deck and call it ''Vilgefarts''. Hell, I have a deck which features a premium Lambert but no other witchers and it's called ''ORANGE APPLE''. Granted, my son made it and named it, but my point stands.

Tschjo;n9277251 said:
6. I do that from time to time. Mostly when i either just want to see how well i played the match so i want to see how many ressources i still get to use or to just show my opponent that i didnt get lucky with the one card i played to win but i had other outs which would beat him aswell.
LOL, I wish you every time you lose the opponent makes the same to you, you will learn to stop that!

Tschjo;n9277251 said:
6. I do that from time to time. Mostly when i either just want to see how well i played the match so i want to see how many ressources i still get to use or to just show my opponent that i didnt get lucky with the one card i played to win but i had other outs which would beat him aswell.

You're unable to do the math with the cards being in your hand? I find that hard to believe... And trust me: your opponent doesn't give a damn whether you got lucky or not. There seems to be a bug that if you quit (even very late) your opponent is unable to GG you, so do what you will, but this is only going to result in you not getting GG's.

I also stopped playing ranked because of a couple of monster decks I faced consecutively with me repeatedly 2-0'd so that's wasn't fun at all given there was nothing I could do. Besides, I probably maxed out my rank given the low effort put in the game atm. Against some decks I just don't have a clue what to do.

frbfree;n9276911 said:
6. I still run into players who want to play out every card in their hand after you're out. Why does this still happen? You're Rank 19, Level 50, and you're still looking for overkill? Just stop people. Like, I realize that if you are above Level 50, you're probably spending too much time playing the Open Beta anyway, but even your time has to be more valuable than wasting it playing out cards when you've already won.
FYI, there's a bug (or it's intentional) that if you forfeit, you can't GG. Like, the option isn't available.
I've had people forfeit on me in round 2 or 3, and I wasn't able to send a GG.

That may be part of the reason.

arubino99;n9378281 said:
FYI, there's a bug (or it's intentional) that if you forfeit, you can't GG. Like, the option isn't available.
I've had people forfeit on me in round 2 or 3, and I wasn't able to send a GG.

That may be part of the reason.

From what I understand, they've intentionally made it so you can't GG after only 1 round (to prevent ppl abusing it: just entering a game and forfeiting for a quick +5scraps/ore). But the fact you sometimes can't GG even in the 3rd round isn't intentional. One of the reasons I prefer passing.

panerola;n9361561 said:
LOL, I wish you every time you lose the opponent makes the same to you, you will learn to stop that!

Hopefully cant stay calm when they get lucky enough to draw their 1 out of 6 cards when i played a perfect game;)

Top Bottom