What I LOVE about Cyberpunk 2077

+
With Christmas time around the corner and me thinking it is important to be a gift of this World which keeps on giving, I'd like to offer my gift to this forum.
A thread in which we talk about the things we truly love about Cyberpunk 2077. A place to enjoy both the features we LOVE whether or not it is a LOVE/HATE relationship.

My first playthrough was what I loved most about this game thus far. I had no idea what to expect and hadn't really been following the news on the game so it was a nice surprise to jump into a new world and explore - I am an explorer by nature but not in practice as I'm kind of disabled and unable to get around much. This game world is very well crafted with what seems like a lot of attention to detail. Even on my 3rd playthrough now I am finding new little areas to fall in love with, visuals which will stick with me throughout my life and I am a changed person for having experienced them. It was great to play through the story for the first time and discover all the new characters and seeing the potential for all the different ways the story might be different in second and third playthroughs.

Unfortunately in my second and third playthroughs I discovered just how linear and plot driven the story is and was surprised that they even bothered putting in dialogue options anyways. At this point in my experience it feels as if they could have cut out about 80% of the dialogue options. A majority of the ones that stay in would just be for the benefit of learning more information if it is your first playthrough (blue lines vs. yellow lines). I've made some radically different selections in all three playthroughs and yet I just keep getting the exact same results over and over - with the exception of endings and romances - granted I haven't done a "full clear" yet but that's been difficult since so many of the crime related and side gigs are such boring copy/paste fights.

OK so I guess that was a bit of LOVE/HATE but hey, that's just how it is. The reason I LOVED my first playthrough is because of how hopeful it made me feel and I was happy with the resulting ending. I was a badass, I owned the city and everything in it. I banged my hot ass wife and hopped into a flying car to shuttle my ass to an orbiting station so I could go bet my new found fame and fortune for a life worth living. There was so much potential in that story and where I might find myself if there was to be new expansions released.

So now, tell me what you LOVE about Cyberpunk 2077!

Top Bottom