What I really want in your game

+
- FREEDOM
- ROLEPLAY

What stop me from getting them:

- I can't shoot all people I want (can't even take picture of them)
- No reason to roleplay (sleep, eat, drink, walk, etc...)
- Only 2% of all dialogue have consequence
- Can't cancel quest I don't like
- Doors are locked everywhere
- Can't dress as I want without having shit armor
- No Animations outside quest
- No stuff to do outside quest
- Not enough quest
- Map feel Empty, Fake, Boring, when not in quest
- Almost all the map is unexploited by quest
- No new game+
- Everything I buy is turn into scrap, is this a representation of your game that I bought and thought there would be content to play ?

Seriously add more content for free or not I don't care but the fundamentals of this game are the most solids we have ever seen you need to build a better game and world from it to complete it now.
I have never wished for No man sky or for any other trash game to get fixed, they were bad and deserved to not be played, they were only fixed because company invested a lot of money in it and would have been ruined without game improvements. But your game has golden potential so don't be discouraged by the critics and make it what we all wanted it to be.

isn't that a bit harsh? and unspecific, i mean i get most of your points, but as i see it this game is still in beta and whit a bit of constructive criticism it might become absolutly awesome.

isn't that a bit harsh? and unspecific, i mean i get most of your points, but as i see it this game is still in beta and whit a bit of constructive criticism it might become awesome.

I see your point but unfortunately as harsh and illiterate the OP maybe, he has a cracking point.

Regardless of how you see it, the facts remain that this game was released and sold as a finished title, it's not a Beta.

I have been extremely supportive of the devs, blaming this mess on the directors, however, for a game that was in development for 8 years, there are no excuses for a lot of the bugs we are experiencing.

I have just completed my first play through and no matter how many times I reload my save and complete this game, I get transported back to the checkpoint before the mission, it says I have rewards but I have no rewards, no items or levels that I gained during the last mission either. By completing the game I lost a load of decent weapons and 2 levels + two hours of my Sunday. It makes the completion a pointless endeavour, an annoying one too.

Some of them are basically what everybody's been saying on the forum but there's definitely things that I agree with, stats attached to outfit, not enough things to do, city feels full of quests but empty of everything else...

There's a couple things that haven't really been mentioned before or I just wanted to ellaborate upon:

- I can't shoot all people I want (can't even take picture of them).
Not gonna happen and I personally think it's a good thing.
First of, we will never be able to shoot kids and that's understandable.

Also, being able to kill everyone is kind of a flawed idea in the first place. Every game that implement that either ended up upsetting players because they couldn't do things related to the character they killed (and yes, I agree, it's kinda dumb to complain about that but there we go).

Or it forces the devs to add weird resurrection/immortality shenanigans that's even less immersive than not being able to kill them.

So, at the end of the day, I think turning off the ability to shoot some specific NPCs is the best balance between freedom and credibility, it's kinda saying "You can kill everyone except those you don't want to kill...Because believe me, you don't want to kill them".

- Only 2% of all dialogue have consequence
Actually depends on what we mean by "consequences".
Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean, dialogues don't change the story and usually lead to the same developpement no matter what but they occasionally have consequences on how quest plays out, NPC reaction, dialogue branching ect.

I've always seen this kind of mechanic like the thing that makes replaying the game more fluid (since you can choose different dialogue options and get new dialogues on your sebsequent runs).

Now, again, I know what you're talking about: This is not what they promised and I can't deny that.
It brings us back to the core problem which is CDPR's marketing team promising things that they knew the devs couldn't do.

- Can't cancel quest I don't like
Absolutely agree with that one. In fact, even quests that you like should be "muteable" if you will.
Not a vital change to make but a good quality of life thing that they could implement when they're done with the most important fix (or squeeze it through, if that's easy enough for them to do).

- Doors are locked everywhere
Well, every door opening is kinda the all time gamer's fantasy but it's impossible to offer for obvious reasons...So, I kinda agree and disagree at the same time.

i actually want more on the roleplay thing too...i once tried drinking all the liquor but other than some wobbling effects my v didnt throw up or pass out...the sleep thing kills time...ok i kinda get it. the food gives you buff...ok...but i also kinda wish my v would get fat...or some negative effect when not eating...

showering and flushing the toilet is pointless...

I see your point but unfortunately as harsh and illiterate the OP maybe, he has a cracking point.

Regardless of how you see it, the facts remain that this game was released and sold as a finished title, it's not a Beta.

I have been extremely supportive of the devs, blaming this mess on the directors, however, for a game that was in development for 8 years, there are no excuses for a lot of the bugs we are experiencing.

I have just completed my first play through and no matter how many times I reload my save and complete this game, I get transported back to the checkpoint before the mission, it says I have rewards but I have no rewards, no items or levels that I gained during the last mission either. By completing the game I lost a load of decent weapons and 2 levels + two hours of my Sunday. It makes the completion a pointless endeavour, an annoying one too.
so just to calrify: i don't disagree whit you, but what i meant was: whilst i don't think the game should have ben released as a finished title like it was now, i think i can forgive the devs/ publisher if they finish it whitin the next 1-2 years, so thats why im for trying to be as constructive as possible.

so just to calrify: i don't disagree whit you, but what i meant was: whilst i don't think the game should have ben released as a finished title like it was now, i think i can forgive the devs/ publisher if they finish it whitin the next 1-2 years, so thats why im for trying to be as constructive as possible.

Amen!

A few suggestions of what I really would like to see added...

1. I'd like to be able to save skill shards instead of having them used when already at the skill cap.
2. I'd like to have armor mods instead of clothing having inherent armor. Just give all clothing one slot specific to armor so that you can easily keep using an item you like to look of and just slot in a common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary armor mod.
3. Allow us to convert a clothing item into a design spec for crafting
4. As other have said... crafting in bulk. Must have for upgrading component items
5. Additional clothing designs available for purchase
6. More mods available for crafting and more mods in general such as clip/mag size or different ammo types
7. As mentioned often... tattoo parlor / salon to change appearance
8. A less expensive respec for perk points
9. Clothing dyes to re-shade items
10. More counter-hacking and hack defense by enemy hackers

Here my strange list of things that I would find very immersive:
(Not all of them, but a few of them would be great!)

- Giving beggars and street performers some eddies
- Crafting only on workbenches
- Finding loot in the trunk of cars and the cargo space of vans
- Going to the Salon to change hair and nail styles
- Going to the Tattoo studio to get some ink and piercings
- Going to the Ripperdoc to get cosmetic and exotic implants
- Customizing your apartment
- Being able to buy apartments in Night City
- The fast travel System with an actual cut scene (bus drive, train travel, etc.)
- Being able to travel by Monorail and calling a cab
- Buying and experiencing Braindances (even the more disturbing ones)
- Having animations for changing your cyberware at ripperdocs
- Having more options for dating guys and gals in bars
- Being able to dance in Lizzies or the Afterlife
- Actual Animations for eating and drinking the consumable items
- Being able to buy cosmetics only outfits every other civilian has access to
- Sitting in bars and being able to casually chat with the barkeepers
- Actually seeing the Weapons and Gears filling up the Stash in the Apartment
- being able to play on the Arcades (minigames)
- Buying and selling stocks (as a minigame)
- Actually having streetcred influence the respect and money you get from fixers and mercs

Here the parts that I hoped for over the last years but now look silly to even suggest:
- Building Drones and Turrets and jumping into them for remote control
- A Hacking Mini-game that resembles the hacking from the trailer
- Surfing the net like a netrunner (Johnny Mnenotic style)
- Building a team, going on heists and different runs

Those would be wonderful

Could also use the following:

1. A more alive city - NPCs feel like walking zombies (better AI that atleast feels alive like in GTA 5).
2. More character customisation options - body type etc.
3. More weapon and Armor attachment & modification options - aesthetics, color, LAM sights, sidemounted motion scanners, under barrel grenade launchers and shotguns etc.
4. More guns (inventory seems a bit lacking) and armors - specifically powered Armor and ammo types as well.
5. Customisable cars - paints, body mods, engine types etc.

Alot is missing from this game. Alot of character quests or development is/are also missing. I hope they do add these things in.

Additionally: the police AI also needs major improvement, they can't just spawn our of nowhere during a fight and suddenly next to wherever you are. The physics in the game also require a major overhaul, cars and bodies don't just sink in water bodies, collisions cause dents etc.

Last edited:
Some of them are basically what everybody's been saying on the forum but there's definitely things that I agree with, stats attached to outfit, not enough things to do, city feels full of quests but empty of everything else...

There's a couple things that haven't really been mentioned before or I just wanted to ellaborate upon:

Not gonna happen and I personally think it's a good thing.
First of, we will never be able to shoot kids and that's understandable.

Also, being able to kill everyone is kind of a flawed idea in the first place. Every game that implement that either ended up upsetting players because they couldn't do things related to the character they killed (and yes, I agree, it's kinda dumb to complain about that but there we go).

Or it forces the devs to add weird resurrection/immortality shenanigans that's even less immersive than not being able to kill them.

So, at the end of the day, I think turning off the ability to shoot some specific NPCs is the best balance between freedom and credibility, it's kinda saying "You can kill everyone except those you don't want to kill...Because believe me, you don't want to kill them".

Actually depends on what we mean by "consequences".
Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean, dialogues don't change the story and usually lead to the same developpement no matter what but they occasionally have consequences on how quest plays out, NPC reaction, dialogue branching ect.

I've always seen this kind of mechanic like the thing that makes replaying the game more fluid (since you can choose different dialogue options and get new dialogues on your sebsequent runs).

Now, again, I know what you're talking about: This is not what they promised and I can't deny that.
It brings us back to the core problem which is CDPR's marketing team promising things that they knew the devs couldn't do.

Absolutely agree with that one. In fact, even quests that you like should be "muteable" if you will.
Not a vital change to make but a good quality of life thing that they could implement when they're done with the most important fix (or squeeze it through, if that's easy enough for them to do).

Well, every door opening is kinda the all time gamer's fantasy but it's impossible to offer for obvious reasons...So, I kinda agree and disagree at the same time.

Played an rpg years ago that literally let me kill kids. Also had the ability to kill anyone including allies and potential quest givers. Now it wasn't well known, their other series was and also had vastly superior freedom compared to most everything made since. I refer to a game called Wasteland. Its creators also started the Fallout series which Bethesda butchered for profit. This company reformed and developed Wasteland 2 and 3. To this day Wasteland is still my number one rpg for providing complete freedom to play how I like and including consequences.

Tbh I have no problem with the game. It runs smoothly on my 7 year old Xbox, just a few fps problems and crashes. What I really want changed is the relationship options for panam or Judy I would extremely love that. I get that everyone is having an issue with bugs and all and I agree they should be fixed. I just read that cdpr are getting sued because of cyberpunk and what I think is that all the critics are ruining this game and being severely impatient. But no for real I kinda want more relationship options and side quest for the 2 girls if possible

Played an rpg years ago that literally let me kill kids. Also had the ability to kill anyone including allies and potential quest givers. Now it wasn't well known, their other series was and also had vastly superior freedom compared to most everything made since. I refer to a game called Wasteland. Its creators also started the Fallout series which Bethesda butchered for profit. This company reformed and developed Wasteland 2 and 3. To this day Wasteland is still my number one rpg for providing complete freedom to play how I like and including consequences.
I didn't say no game would allow you to take big risks from a moral stand point (like the ability to kill kids), I'm not surprised that it can be done in some but what I wanted to say is that, considering CP is a AAA game with the situation CDPR is facing right now, it's impossible that they change the game to allow people to kill just anyone in the game (and certainly not kids).

I understand where the confusion came though, I should have been more specific in my comment.

They promised more scenes with a "third-person view"!!! And we got nothing! This immensely stupid excuse like "we did it for you, you will understand this, it's better for the game, and bla bla bla" - no we didn't, no it's not! At least 20 percent of them they could do as a "third-person view". I hope they will fix this with further DLC's. Unless no more trust for they. First time in my life I got a KINDA great game which left me so disappointed. It's like "two in one" - the greatness and the disappointment. :(
Plus
More romance options! 4 options - it's a shame!
PLUS SPOILER!!!!
Change the story and give us the possibility to save Jackie! He is million times more interesting than Johny (personal opinion)

I think the game would be 100% better and they could meet some of the promises they made if they made one change. And that is push the acts back one. Make act one open world. The same intro stuff can play out but instead of jumping right into the silverhand and heist stuff instead they made act one all about your street cred and making a name for yourself so that DeX actually has a reason to want to work with you. Put a cap at like 20 sc.Each 5 levels of sc unlocks like a main mission. Which they could tie to your life path.
Corpo: Jenkins
Street kid: Padre
Nomad: Jackie
These people would call you with the mission and give you the low down on what's happening add on the fact that you could call Jackie and have him and Tbug help making connections with them to help sell that team vibe. Keep all story characters locked were they are. This would allow for a more immersion that you are an up and coming merc. You would do gigs and side missions stuff. I know that stuff isn't always the best, but this could be a fix with little money needed aside from more voice acting. And would make V a more meaningful character. I find it hard to care about dates and cars when I know my character is dying soon this would let you get attached to these characters and make some fates more meaningful. I know it's not a fix all but its something.

AI
Police – First responders / Vehicle response / SWAT response / Air response / Active chase
Civilians – Varied reactions to player actions, not just crouch in terror or jump away from or in front of your moving vehicle
Gangs – More diverse reactions and behaviours. Distinct abilities from gang to gang / less standing still / gang chases, etc.
Vehicles – Cars should drive around obstacles, like the players car or other vehicles
Bikes – Let’s see motorbikes as well as cars. Just imagine gangs on motorcycles that you should either avoid or gun down
Medics – When a civilian is injured, a small chance for an ambulance to spawn
WORLD
Barber/Hairdressers – Or at the very least, using your apartment mirror to edit hair/makeup
Car shops – Customise your vehicle and buy vehicle variants. Could be used as well as the random quest marker leading to a new car in the middle of nowhere
Travel options – What happened to the train line? Or taxi’s? The infrastructure is there but the feature's gutted
Merchants - More interactive shops; there are tons of shop keepers with no interactivity. Even sitting/eating/drinking prompts would be an improvement here.
Mini-games – they aren’t the most important thing and we will probably only mess with them a few times, but just knowing “activities” exist somewhere adds to the immersion.
Weather – We were promised dynamic weather, rain, dust storms, fog, etc. but in 70+ hours of gameplay, I’ve seen rain twice and one scripted dust storm. Where’s the weather? And the acid rain? And NPC's sheltering because of the rain?
Dynamic world events – There are shootouts and random voice lines here and there, but what about actual world events that briefly transform an area?
Map development – The city is big and beautiful but the Badlands is heavily under-developed
STORY
Life paths - A more in-depth story for each of the life paths? A 10-20 minute intro before divergence is not what was promised. Even tweaking the quest chain to encourage the player to do story missions in their life path area would be an improvement here. E.g. The Nomad life path begins with a chain of side quests in the Badlands prior to meeting Jackie. Something went very, very wrong in development here; uploaded only 4 months ago
Braindance – Let us use Braindance’s outside of the main story? Or create a whole new type of braindance side quest? Being a feature in this episode seems pointless in highsight
Cut characters - Deeper development of certain slimmed down characters, e.g. Meredith Stout
APPEARANCE
Show me, me - More opportunities to view your character in the open world; cut scenes or...
Mirrors – V is for Vampire? Let mirrors work in the open world (probably deactivated due to how derpy V looks in third person – see shadows)
APARTMENT
Apartment progression – upgrade over time / acquire new apartments as you progress
Weapon wall - Display custom weapons – not just legendary's - on the apartment wall
Wardrobe – A visual area in V’s apartment to try out new gear
Garage/storage area - To admire cars/bikes!
INVENTORY/ITEMS
Preview clothing items - Before equipping/purchase
Hide items from view - E.g. Hat/mask/glasses/etc.
Select multiple items
Favourite items
More item stat variety
Item labels - Per gang/style?
Item sets - Something to work towards?
Improved weapon modding - Editing mods without needing to equip the weapon
Item limits/stacks - A limit on certain items (unlimited healing inhalers seems broken?)
DRIVING
Radio UI - Display station / artist / song
Car handling - Slightly improve “stickiness”/handling with some cars
COMBAT
More diverse weapons
Dismemberment - Properly implement dismemberment a la trailers of old? Perhaps I still haven't found the right gun type to simulate this type of carnage? (Let me know!)
Vehicle combat Shoot weapons from vehicles outside of story/side quests
ANIMATIONS
Getting new Cyberware - Not just for the first time
Purchasing a car
Getting a new weapon
These should all feel like significant satisfying progressive moments... a sense of pride and accomplishment

LOOTING
“Loot all” option
Loot through bodies/other items – Can’t loot certain items due to angles/bugs/surfaces
UI
Minimap zoom options - Zoom out proportional to driving speed
More customisation options for QoL

There is tons of awesome ideas here, but personally I don't know if it will be the same even if CDPR will add all that, because main story is breathtaking and after few playthrough I know how it will end, so probably I won't feel need of all those missed content ;(

- the police to pursue you in vehicles as well as on foot.

- a way to select or highlight all the items you want to dismantle or sell at the same time.

- a way to have the option to shoot while driving

- an improvement to the aiming (ADS) (not smooth or slow enough in the inner circle of the thumbs tick control.. even turning the sensitivity down)

-

Police to pursue us in cars ??? Jesus Christ ... let’s slow down a little there turbo. I’d prefer it if the police would actually arrive somewhere other than 5 feet behind me

Okay so in general, just bug fixes left/right/center...that aside...

- More guns

- More options in the options menu, FOV/HUD options/colors (tired of red) (for us console gonks)

- Add the stuff from the trailers that isn't in the game (hanging from the walls with mantis blades to do a drop assassinations) etc.

- World building stuff, think gta4.
- riding trains, taking cabs, drinking at bars, playing pool, playing cards, playing darts, street races! Hookers! Doing drugs! Robbing people for their pocket Eddies!

- more visual implants and cybernetics, I wanna see options more along the line of cybernetic limb replacements as opposed to what we got which was cybernetic additions that where barely visible.

- more player customization, more options to choose from during creation and the ability to customize stuff after

- everything! Hair, color, gender, everything! The world of cyberpunk tells us repeatedly that you can customize yourself in basically any way, and we should be able to. If I want to start off as a female, and then get some sort of cybernetic/gen mod thing to become a futa, then I should be able to in the world of cyberpunk!

Last edited:
Top Bottom