What I want from New Game +

+
You wake up when the relic reconstructs your brain after a bullet went through it. In the cut scenes it always feels so... urgent... but there's no urgency in the gameplay. Aren't we supposed to be fighting on a timer?

New Game + should add a new mechanic where V only live for X days time before the relic takes over. Now you need to measure your days and plan ahead. This would potentially give rise to new ways of enjoying the experience and make it endlessly repayable.

Last edited:
Yup limited time gameplay, like 30 to 45 in-game days time.

Or maybe add a dynamic meter where progression of shard is shown and it goes down with pills, higher progress will reduce your health, jitter your cyberware and arms for shooting. You'll need to constantly to chug pills which we may get from mission rewards, quantity could be based on quality of the job we did based on job type and damage taken etc.

Yup limited time gameplay, like 30 to 45 in-game days time.

Or maybe add a dynamic meter where progression of shard is shown and it goes down with pills, higher progress will reduce your health, jitter your cyberware and arms for shooting. You'll need to constantly to chug pills which we may get from mission rewards, quantity could be based on quality of the job we did based on job type and damage taken etc.

Interesting idea, but that's better as a difficultly option than for ng+. Honestly, it sounds similar to those food/sleep mechanics in Skyrim or Other Worlds. Not everyone's cup of tea, and not something I'd like attached to a ng+.

You realise new game + is not actually a new game, it's just starting the game with the stuff you had in a previous game save?
Post automatically merged:

Interesting idea, but that's better as a difficultly option than for ng+. Honestly, it sounds similar to those food/sleep mechanics in Skyrim or Other Worlds. Not everyone's cup of tea, and not something I'd like attached to a ng+.

I'm inclined to agree with Durandal on this.

The idea isn't a bad one. It's fairly interesting in fact especially as a bit of a competitive "how far can you get within X days" type deal but I wouldn't want it attached to NG+ automatically. A toggle you can turn on or off when choosing your difficulty would be far better.

Ah! I had not read your post.

I actually love this idea. A lot.

Still would rather it be a toggle than automatically attached to NG+ and it would need to be a very careful balancing act but this I like a lot.

Last edited:
Adding a timer would interest some and decentivise others. I don't care about 'realism' in games. If you want a timer then you could set timers for yourself. I personally wish to travel at my own pace. I wanna look around and look for stuff to read and possible Easter eggs. V might be dying, but as the gamer, I still want to look around every corner and nook and cranny. I don't care if I looked at everything in my first playthrough. I'm gonna do it again in new game plus.

If this feature is so important that it neeeeeds to be in the game, then it should be optional like skyrim's survival mode, and not shoved down everyone's throats. By all means it's an interesting idea, but if I want realism then I'd probably focus purely on story missions or possibly one or two side missions in between missions.

You realise new game + is not actually a new game, it's just starting the game with the stuff you had in a previous game save?
This is all I'm asking for.

My first play through is usually spent grinding, in order to become more powerful. The downside is that this usually takes away from the story. A second play through, with NG+, would eliminate the need for grinding and allow me to enjoy the story as it was intended.

A second play through, with NG+, would eliminate the need for grinding and allow me to enjoy the story as it was intended.
Not really familiar with NG+ in general, but I don't think it would happen exactly like that :(
If the max level is increased (V, enemies and stuff), I think you'll have to "grind" almost as much as in your first playthrough (in short, even with your stuff imported from your first playthrough, you would be as weak than "without" in your first playthrough).
I suppose that if there is a NG+, it would be like TW3 (NG+ TW3)

In various incarnations this would be an awesome survival-esk difficulty. --> yes please. This would be fun.
But this is not NG+
--> I still fail to see usage of NG+ in this game...

This is all I'm asking for.

My first play through is usually spent grinding, in order to become more powerful. The downside is that this usually takes away from the story. A second play through, with NG+, would eliminate the need for grinding and allow me to enjoy the story as it was intended.
Its not the same as doing a playthrough in lowest difficulty setting? I didn't try easy, but i guess difficulty should be low enough for enjoying the story.

Its not the same as doing a playthrough in lowest difficulty setting? I didn't try easy, but i guess difficulty should be low enough for enjoying the story.
Nope, because what I care for the most, are the cyber mods.

Nope, because what I care for the most, are the cyber mods.
But this, has nothing to do with story no? And I've never felt that I needed to grind in very hard to get the cyberequip that I needed, CP2077 is probably one of the less grindy games that I've played.
But, if they add NG+ since is purely optional I'm fine... but I suspect that NG+ will imply something like: you end at level 40 --> I add 40 levels to the enemies, so you will be equally weak as when you started. As @LeKill3rFou pointed, a good indicator would be what they did with The Witcher III.

Ive tons of hope, but Cyberpunk Roles would be awesome, Johhny was Rockerboy but how about the rest?

Also I would improve Driver-AI. If thats possible. It would be fun if AI sometimes drives on your lane, or drunken AI etc. Speeders, sometimes AI wants to drive at fast speed.

Top Bottom