What I Would Like To See From CDPR

+
What I Would Like To See From CDPR

Why words can hardly express the excitement for seeing Witcher 3 on the PS4, I keep hoping CD will announce another new project for the PS4.
If I could have it my way I would love to see CDPR develope a game like Limbo or Inside, heck even like DeadNation would definitely be cool.
I do see CDPR doing some games like that, I just wish they would stop be so quiet.
What you all think? E3 reveal.

My guess is that they are working hard on Cyberpunk 2077. Other than that - since they have said there are different teams on Witcher und Cyberpunk I guess patches and the post DLC they have confirmed.

If they try their hands on a fantasy setting I am hoping for something unique like the Witcher but a different source material.

My guess is that they are working hard on Cyberpunk 2077. Other than that - since they have said there are different teams on Witcher und Cyberpunk I guess patches and the post DLC they have confirmed.

If they try their hands on a fantasy setting I am hoping for something unique like the Witcher but a different source material.
Cyberpunk seems cool I see that, ' honestly ' no one comes even near games like Limbo except European game developers, in my view are simply the best game developers out there.
To see CDPR develope a game like Limbo or Inside, omg it would be brilliant.

Last edited:
Played Limbo a while ago and I liked it, but I don't see what the big deal is.

There are several indie devs working on experimental and conceptual games like Limbo, but not many making games with high production values that are also excellent as games, not just tech demos. CDPR is already doing an important job.

If I had to give CDPR credit for just one innovation it would be seamlessly blending the best of action games with actual RPG elements. Let them expand on this formula.

I wouldn't call that highly innovative (there were great works like that in the past, for example Deus Ex, VtM Bloodlines and etc.) but CDPR indeed are doing a good job with that.

From what I see, most studios pick their genre niche and stick with it. But some have more genres variety than others.

Last edited:
DeadNation Limbo Journey Inside Super StarDust HD and I can keep going and going the iist is very long, to assume that a developer has to always stay on 1 track to be successful is very narrow and short sighted. Take a look at Gearbox making an HD remake of HomeWorld at the same time developing Borderlands and BattlBorn for the X1 and PS4 and PC.

I wonder if we will see anything from CD Projekt RED from THEY. I don't think THEY is cancelled, but after CD Projekt RED releases both The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for sale and Cyberpunl 2077 for sale. I think I read THEY is like a spiritual successor to Singularity.

Imagine CD Projekt RED trying to develop either a First Person Shooter (FPS) video game or a video game that has both first person view and third person view. It will be interesting to CD Projekt RED develop all kinds of video game genres in the future.

I wonder if we will see anything from CD Projekt RED from THEY. I don't think THEY is cancelled, but after CD Projekt RED releases both The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for sale and Cyberpunl 2077 for sale. I think I read THEY is like a spiritual successor to Singularity.

Imagine CD Projekt RED trying to develop either a First Person Shooter (FPS) video game or a video game that has both first person view and third person view. It will be interesting to CD Projekt RED develop all kinds of video game genres in the future.
Think about something else, if Witcher 3 does really well on the console, there is going to be alot of pressure put on them to build another Witcher game.
Seriously I think CDPR is in for a long and successful ride, And it's just beginning for them.

Think about something else, if Witcher 3 does really well on the console, there is going to be alot of pressure put on them to build another Witcher game.
Seriously I think CDPR is in for a long and successful ride, And it's just beginning for them.

Why specifically consoles? It can sell well on all platforms. But they already said they aren't planning to make more Witcher games. So I'd expect something new in addition to Cyberpunk 2077.

Why specifically consoles? It can sell well on all platforms. But they already said they aren't planning to make more Witcher games. So I'd expect something new in addition to Cyberpunk 2077.
And I read the same thing, that Mass Effect was done, and there making another one. And please don't turn this into a console vs pc thread its against fourm rules.

You just said something about selling well on consoles, so I'm not sure how that's relevant to their further plans. Let's assume it sells well everywhere. Then what? Witcher series aren't generic and CDPR said multiple times that the third game will complete the story. So how exactly do you envision a new game? MMORPG in the world of the Witcher? Or may be some story line before the events of the 3 Witcher games?

Well, we will see Cyberpunk 2077 in a few years...
But I wouldn't say no to some big expansion for Witcher 3 ;)

Last edited:
Let's try and not turn this into another platform war. A post has been deleted.

Unless CDPR have planned to expand their staff after a huge (and desired and certainly deserved) success of sales, we only expect one good game every 25-40 months

Unless CDPR have planned to expand their staff after a huge (and desired and certainly deserved) success of sales, we only expect one good game every 25-40 months
It's about building another game like Limbo on the side, why they develope Cyberpunk. Alot of developers do it, be it as just a pet project on the side?

Why specifically consoles? It can sell well on all platforms. But they already said they aren't planning to make more Witcher games.

Er didn't they say they're not making any more Witcher games with Geralt as the protagonist? Not that the Witcher series is done. Of course they have said they want to take a break from the Witcher series (understandably) but they aren't done entirely with the Witcher.

And on the topic of this thread, I just want CDPR to make more fantasy RPGs. That is my favourite genre and they make them well. I am also excited for Cyberpunk but generally I'm far more interested in fantasy than sci-fi so I'd rather another fantasy game.

I can be wrong but if I didn't missunderstand, the whole CDPR's team is working on TW3 right now, I guess that include the team which are worrking in CP77. The evident delay this implies makes me assume that once TW3 is finalized, the entire team of CDPR will turn to regain the logical lost time to develop CP77 time. It will be little room to create new games simultaneously.

I can be wrong but if I didn't missunderstand, the whole CDPR's team is working on TW3 right now, I guess that include the team which are worrking in CP77. The evident delay this implies makes me assume that once TW3 is finalized, the entire team of CDPR will turn to regain the logical lost time to develop CP77 time. It will be little room to create new games simultaneously.

No, I got the impression that those are two separate teams, besides the core engine developers I guess.

Top Bottom