What I Would Like To See From CDPR

+
Unlike others, I did not go through the leaked story material. But it's a safe assumption The Witcher 4 will see the light of day, perhaps with Ciri in the leading role. Maybe Ciri's cameo on TW3 is their way of testing the waters. If they do end up going with Ciri, or any other preset character for that matter, it'll be interesting to see how it will impact story and gameplay, when compared to the blank slate Cyberpunk 2077 is said to start off with.

I reckon REDs will adopt a "tick-tock" strategy similar to Bethesda: one Witcher (TES) instalment followed by one Cyberpunk (Fallout) game. As fertile as CDProjekt RED's working environment seems to be, fact remains that developing the same IP years and years in a row is a sure recipe for burnout, as I think the notable departures mid-TW3-development cycle seem to suggest.

Finally, I'm curious as to the future of the Cracow studio. Will it crystalize as a sidekick or become breeding grounds for brand new IPs?

Last edited:
I mainly only play games with Sword based combat (or JRPG combat), and those seem to be extremely rare. Most of the AAA scene these days is filled with shooters, which I don't even touch. (Never played CoD, Uncharted, Last of Us, etc, and don't intend to in the future either).

So, what comes after Witcher 3? Cyberpunk? Cyberpunk looks like it will end up being a shooter, and thus I will not play it. So, what else is next for CDPR? Will they continue to stick with sword based RPGs, or do something else? Any ideas? Do you think CDPR could start a new sword based RPG IP that can give them some creative freedom (for best or worse)?

Dunno if my words mean anything, but CDPR is probably the best developer to make an RPG given their style of story telling, and their ideology with quest design, music, immersion etc. So I'll be shamelessly selfish when I say this, but it will truly be a loss if CDPR moved away from sword based RPGs in the future.

If you enjoy swordplay in RPG's I highly recommend Sui Generis. It has the best melee combat out of any game I've played, including TW2, Dark Souls, Mount & Blade, etc. The combat is based upon physics so the size and shape of a weapon changes how it behaves and there are accurate collisions. All animations are procedurally generated based upon physics which allows an unlimited amount of maneuvers to be possible; you control how you step, how you swing, how you dodge, etc. It's a very dynamic system that allows realistic tactics and strategies to be used. Every fight is completely unique.

And that's just the combat... the RPG aspects are just as innovative ;)

If you enjoy swordplay in RPG's I highly recommend Sui Generis.

Or hopefully will be, when it's released. Which it's not. Still in Alpha.

Looks interesting but I find the top-down combat an immersion killer, as well as messing with my sense of melee...impact? I guess. I'd have to play it to say for sure either way, though. Maybe this one would be different.

Or hopefully will be, when it's released. Which it's not. Still in Alpha.

Looks interesting but I find the top-down combat an immersion killer, as well as messing with my sense of melee...impact? I guess. I'd have to play it to say for sure either way, though. Maybe this one would be different.

I've played several alpha and beta builds already. The game's prelude, Exanima, will be released for Steam early access soon. Exanima is going to take place before the story of SG and initially it will lack several of the more complex features that are still being worked on and developed. These features will be added to Exanima when they are in a playable state. Exanima will take place in the Underworld and it will play like a dungeon crawler; it will have a skill system implemented, lore, exploration, combat, different creatures/people you can interact with/fight, thaumaturgy (powers/magic), interactive objects/environment, etc.

As far as just combat goes what they already have is leagues better than anything else I've played. I've already spent over 300 hours playing the alpha/beta builds.

Last edited:
Unlike others, I did not go through the leaked story material. But it's a safe assumption The Witcher 4 will see the light of day, perhaps with Ciri in the leading role. Maybe Ciri's cameo on TW3 is their way of testing the waters. If they do end up going with Ciri, or any other preset character for that matter, it'll be interesting to see how it will impact story and gameplay, when compared to the blank slate Cyberpunk 2077 is said to start off with.

I reckon REDs will adopt a "tick-tock" strategy similar to Bethesda: one Witcher (TES) instalment followed by one Cyberpunk (Fallout) game. As fertile as CDProjekt RED's working environment seems to be, fact remains that developing the same IP years and years in a row is a sure recipe for burnout, as I think the notable departures mid-TW3-development cycle seem to suggest.
I hadn't heard about departures, fill me in. I was just telling a friend I was a little nervous about TW3's political story line because Jan Bartkowicz left CDPR after TW2.

Of course there will be a Witcher 4, but highly unlikely that it will be with Ciri. I say this based not on my the information that's in the leaked material but based on common sense: The story of TW3 as far as we've seen will be about the Elder Blood end of the world affair along with Ciri's rightful claim to the thrones of Cintra and Nilfgaard and the whole affair with the Wild Hunt. These plot lines will be resolved in TW3, or at least I assume so ( seriously the leak is not that comprehensive ).

So how would a Witcher 4 work with Ciri given that major plotlines of the series involving her will be resolved in TW3? More importantly how would Witcher 4 work without Geralt and if there is Geralt the obvious question from a lot of people will be: Why aren't we playing him.

With all those hundreds of great and complex characters which Sapkowski created, any good writer impregnated of th witchers's world might affer an awsome other story. Young Vesemir? Aen Elle exille? Nilfgaarian empire birth?

Enter and chose.

Bartkowicz was not a lead plot guy to my knowledge. He wrote character dialog. Did a damn fine job of it, but most of the lead guys/gals from TW1 are still there.

If you enjoy swordplay in RPG's I highly recommend Sui Generis. It has the best melee combat out of any game I've played, including TW2, Dark Souls, Mount & Blade, etc. The combat is based upon physics so the size and shape of a weapon changes how it behaves and there are accurate collisions. All animations are procedurally generated based upon physics which allows an unlimited amount of maneuvers to be possible; you control how you step, how you swing, how you dodge, etc. It's a very dynamic system that allows realistic tactics and strategies to be used. Every fight is completely unique.

I probably should have clarified that I am mainly a console gamer, and thus these point and click systems aren't my cup of tea. The game does seem to be doing a lot of new things with stuff though. Anyway, this is also off topic.

@topic - I wonder how the Witcher series would feel after Geralt? Also, would the story/setting start getting fatigued after 3 titles in the same world and setting?

Bartkowicz was not a lead plot guy to my knowledge. He wrote character dialog. Did a damn fine job of it, but most of the lead guys/gals from TW1 are still there.

By his own words he wrote a lot of the politics in TW2, so there's reason for concern especially with everything else coming from the marketing of TW3. I think we all remember what was said in game informer.

The only thing that put me at ease was that reasonable Nilfgaardian captain in their recent gameplay footage.

Last edited:
Seconded, Severance became far more interesting because of its Zoroastrian background and near eastern setting, though they changed the names a little bit to obscure. Artwork, philosophy, culture, fashion, intrigue, the setting just cries out for use, but instead we get yet another dull as dishwater take on the bloody Forgotten Realms. Also the near east was a crossroad of the world, diversity personified, you could have almost any race, culture or creed treading the streets of Babylon or Byzantium. Ah well.

If someone thought to make one they must be in a hurry...
Some museums and ruins and excavations are being wildly destroyed in those lands... A treasure unrecorable get losing by respectless hands.

Ideally, I'd want CDPR to make an RPG about the Ancient Near East.

Which is doubtful to happen because no one gives a fuck about this understudied and unexplored treasure cove of history.

I would love to see a game set in that time period, the cradle of civilization yet no one is making that much media set in it, what a shame.

But an RPG? Hmm, maybe during the Assyrian period, those guys were really brutal and would make for an interesting story.

Do you think CD Projekt will ever do a MMO in Witcher World? Frostbyte 4 engine?

Its not a stretch, if the third Witcher really is essentially the next gen Skyrim, then why not spread the world for people to live in the MMO space? Obviously, the Witcher in that game would be essentially an all powerful mythical figure, stuff of Legends (that you played!) But with the wealth of lore, novels, comics, and now three games, the last being an open world, lets really open the world and let us be a part of it!

It could work, and if Witcher 3 was the last "Witcher" game, then maybe it will be on the cards for their next big "Witcher Universe" project!?

Heres Hoping!

PS - Oh, and if they jumped on the Kickstarter Bandwagon for the project, I doubt there would be any issue in getting the funding, I for one would pledge!

PPS -
Oh, and its shown that there are more than one Witcher, so Witcher could still be a viable class in the game

Can't give an absolute "No" on that, because they did move into different types of games with the Battle Arena and the Adventure Game.

But as a major project carried out by the core team? No, it won't happen.
- CDPR have their own engine, it would be highly surprising if they were to abandon it at this stage.
- They would be throwing away everything they're good at if they made such a drastic change. Not usually a good business strategy.

-

Games YOU think CDPR should make!

The point of this topic is for you to give ideias of cool games you think CDPR should make, and would do so at a CDPR level of quality. :unworthy:

If you could say a bit about the game and why CDPR would excel on making them would be awesome!!

Feel free to talk about existing ("remakes") and non existing games!!

:alien: :alien: :alien:
I aways wanted a game of Extraterrestrial beings, conspiracies, unexplained facts and unkonwn phenomena.

Yes you see where I'm getting at..

I don't think they should make an X-Files game, but a game that involes those features I just mentioned up there..

There's plenty of room for and RPG filled with psychologic tense moments, choices, mystery and discovery and thrilling experiences.
A game also containing known controversial moments of our own history, and fictional too, of course, easter eggs etc.

A game that's not about pew pew guns and killing aliens and more about detective work, mysterys and a truth hidden from the masses(within the game world), conspiracies, ghosts, extraterrestrial beings
, and old curses of ancient societies, etc.

There are a lot of interesting phenomena to explore and I think CDPR would just make a masterpiece. I know that ideia might be strange for some, but I wish CDPR would venture themselves in this area.

What do you think of my idea??

What games do you think CDPR should make? ​yes, yes Cyberpunk hahaha

---------- Updated at 08:31 PM ----------

oh there's already one topic about this ok, thanks!

Attachments

• mys.jpg
    mys.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Next Witcher Game - What I want!

Hello CD Project Red!

On beginning I wish to say I love your work and Witcher series, I have played Witcher on my PC but I didnt have chance to play WItcher 2 (My pc was to weak and I was owning only PS3, not Xbox) and now I'm digging in Witcher 3 and its AMAZING. I realy enjoy the smal details you put in game like people hiding from rain in Witcher 1 and beard of Geralt growing back with time - I love those cool features that did not mather in sens of gameplay but are like cherry on cake - everyone wants it!

Back to topic, I know Witcher 3 is final chapter in Geralt trilogy and I 100% agree with that decision why? Cause I wish to play as MY Witcher, character created by me and that is I'm hoping next witcher game will have this. I do hope you will go this path.

It dose not mater if it will be prequel Geralt story when Witchers were very large in numbers or maybe continuation to see where world will go after Witcher 3 but I wish you will be playing as Witcher from young days when you have been taken from your parents and transformed in to Witcher. I hope to see entire life on one custom created witcher from day 1 of his training to his glorious death? :) that would be epic. I hope the "Right of Supprise" would be shown in this game when for example you save somone and do the oath and then after years you going to this man to take his child and then train boy/girl this would be EPIC and I would see that kind of story in Witcher 4. Go away from Geralt and just show Witcher as they should be shown :)

I know I might sound bold but I just could not help mysealf and I need post this. This is what I want in next game, but I will take eveything from Witchers world you make!

I love you!
Keep a good work

Top Bottom