What if I don’t want play for a punk?!

+
that is utterly lacking in factual basis.

I don't think it does. It's hyperbolic, a tad agitating and lacks confirmation, but it is all based on information that has been given and, yes, shown. It's a bit of a hindsight, but perhaps, if they weren't sure of what they were doing at the time, they shouldn't have showed it at all, nor given statements that they have... least of all to the press. Showing it to the unwashed public was the better thing to do after the press and youtubers started oversalivating and throwing statements like "it's an FPS, full stop" inspite the insistence of CDPR that no it isn't.

I don't think it was a very wise thing to do - all things considered - since now there's this discussion: "We saw, we heard, here's my thoughts" - "No, no. You're wrong. You saw something, but that's not really a thing at all." And even less with their own statements at the time: "Here's something, but it's not that anymore at release or maybe even a month from now." coupled with the no-no-no-everything's-still-on-the-table damage control e-mail (which was really a nice thing to do, btw - we'll just need to wait and see what it actually means).

Also, just to make it clear in case it wasn’t, I’m not writing these posts just to keep myself warm or because it’s super fun to be negative and watch people react. It’s a form of criticism itself.

Last edited:
I don't think it does. It's hyperbolic, a tad agitating and lacks confirmation,

It's lacking in factual basis because it's predicated on what you saw in the demo - what very little you saw in the demo - still being the case even now months later. And you have no way to know that's the case.

Whereas you spoke not in terms of possibility or likelihood, but as if it was in stone. And there is no evidence at all for that.

Well, I though that people here knows to make a difference between the demo and official CDprojekt statements.
Actually it's mostly the second part that do sometimes scares me as for what interest me the most (roleplay possibilities), as in the demo we see almost nothing about roleplay, the only thing really bugging me inside it being the meeting with the corpo woman (but at the same time they said how they are adding interraction during the test of quest there's a possibility that I'll be able to ask Jackie to start shooting the second they lay a finger on me, that my cool will allow me a "facedown test", that I'll be able to avoid their grapple and start shooting, and so on).

It's lacking in factual basis because it's predicated on what you saw in the demo

What I saw on the demo and what has been said thereon after.

But there, I edited the original quote so that it is no longer a "factual statement". Piece of mind.

Well, I though that people here knows to make a difference between the demo and official CDprojekt statements.

What's that supposed to mean?

What's that supposed to mean?

Remember that english isn't my native language.;)

But to explain, I think Sardukhar said that the demo was making people thinks the final game will be the same as the demo, and I was disagreeing with that: I think that people knows that the demo isn't final.

I also added that what worries me most were some official statement which are, well, official.
So when I don't like what I read, then I think I have reasons to worry.

In defense of punk, and against not playing punk. Cyberpunk has PUNK in the very name. The world of CP is punk to the bone. Even corporate culture is full of punk. Not philosophicaly nor ethicaly, rather visualy. All is punk in the cyberpunk genre. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but punk nontheless. In PnP players are more or less supposesed to play punks. Even if they are corporates or cops, they are punks at heart. And it wouldn't be very difficult to imagine a politician or a CEO with mohawk and foul language. That's the style. That's punk, That's the world. All is punk in Cyberpunkville.
And V is not that much of a punk. The same Jackie.

In defense of punk, and against not playing punk. Cyberpunk has PUNK in the very name. The world of CP is punk to the bone. Even corporate culture is full of punk. Not philosophicaly nor ethicaly, rather visualy. All is punk in the cyberpunk genre. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but punk nontheless. In PnP players are more or less supposesed to play punks. Even if they are corporates or cops, they are punks at heart. And it wouldn't be very difficult to imagine a politician or a CEO with mohawk and foul language. That's the style. That's punk, That's the world. All is punk in Cyberpunkville.
And V is not that much of a punk. The same Jackie.
So I'm curious why V/Jackie aren't punk, but the corpos and coppers are?

Even if they are corporates or cops, they are punks at heart. And it wouldn't be very difficult to imagine a politician or a CEO with mohawk and foul language. That's the style. That's punk, That's the world. All is punk in Cyberpunkville.

I don't know where you get this from. Not from 2020 Corebook or expansions. Corps wear suits ( Tanaka Executive Line!) live in nice homes and are very well spoken, well-groomed sociopaths. Rockerboys might be punk, but they might not. Medias like Thompson aren't punk, particularly. Nor is Slade McHallan, famous braindance star, Punk. Morgan Blackhand is waaaay more Pro than he is Punk. He's well-groomed, well-equipped and careful. He works for the Corps.

Even the example of a Corp Role in the Corebook has a guy who signed up to make things better from the inside, but is now just trying to get ahead.

Punk in cyberpunk isn't a hairstyle - character generation, that's only one of the many results - nor is it foul language. It's a rebellious attitude. Some PCs have it, some don't. And most people in Cyberpunk do -not- have it at all - that's what the players are rebelling against, after all.

*Sorry for all grammatical and spelling errors, English is not my native language*

I watched a gameplay demo recently and I was a little bit disappointed. It looks like developers are already created detailed main hero instead of me. Main hero acts and dress up like a punk, use foul language, use big and loud guns, use noticeable cyber implants, riding a sport car for a badasses with his punk friend. But what if I don’t want to play for a punk? What if want to play for a character, who want to stay as clean as possible in this city full of dirt. The character which dress up like agent 47 (but not bald), which wears clean and neat clothes, which kills his target quick and clean, which use high-tech military sniper rifles. The character which respects power and authority, not anarchy and rebellion. The character which drives car look like business car but with sport car specs (like BMW M5). The character which use expensive cyber implants, which can’t be distinguished from simple part of bodies, UNTIL YOU TAKE OUT A ****ING CATANA FROM YOUR HAND AND CUT IN HALVES ENEMIES WEAPONS AND MAKE THEM TAKE YOURS CONDITIONS!

What in this case game can afford to me?

Then you can ALWAYS go find anoyther game because this doesn't sound like your type of game.

Then you can ALWAYS go find anoyther game because this doesn't sound like your type of game.

Why you so negative? he have right to ask and say his opinions, if you don't like his view, you don't need to agree with them.

Basically correct.

I mean, no one has a "right" to say their opinions around here - private forum, not government, etc - but if you don't like someone's views ( and they aren't breaking any Rules) just don't agree with them.

They are still welcome to post here, generally.

I think if someone really doesn't want to play as a punk or street scum, they are going to be disappointed, though.

Keive

Forum regular
I get where your coming from kind of. I always go the "Good Guy" route. I also love the whole punk feel since it feels like it really died out, but at the same time I like the looks of it more than the whole persona that goes along with it. But hey, you get to define a punk character, but not define a blank slate. That's kind of impossible in gaming, least for now... well I guess an exception is the sims lol.

Top Bottom