What if I want to do continual play of CP 2077

+
Okay, so there I am, getting off work, coming home and hopping on my pc rig (on a daily).

I load up the game and im in. Headset on for full sound emersion and dual screen for multitasking. (Contrary to what people say, I do find myself liking the curved monitor setup).

However, back to my question at hand. And I would like to hear from any and all players. Console, PC, Admins, Devs, Moderators... all kinds.

So I log in, I watch the intro each time (it never gets old) and i have had the game since release. I am doing side quests, gigs, daily police calls to stop gangs and also checking all doors, shops, video ads to see if the world is changing. I cant bring myself to finish my very first play through. I dont want it to end. I dont want to complete the game and say ok, im done, lets play another game or lets try a harder level.

Is it normal for some people to want to stay in the game on not let V end it. If I never end it will I be able to progress into the new DLC's in the future?

I find myself doing random mob hits to pick up gear so I can change my outfits for a week or so, but then put my good armor back on for when i go into battle.

Eating daily in game, hitting up vending machines and helping local merchants.

I have been to the chicks on jig jig street so many times that I think she knows me by name, thank goodness they put an rng system in for the intimacy's scenes so i dont feel like the girl is always wanting the same position.

I know I cant be the only one, surely there are others that dont want to leave night city or dont want to end things with V?

Thoughts?

lynxir

Forum regular
Felt the same way, but at some point last week I gave in and played the endings. Still going back to Night City every few days to drive around, explore and take photos.

Feeling the same way, I don't want to see this end

glad to see im not the only one!
Post automatically merged:

Felt the same way, but at some point last week I gave in and played the endings. Still going back to Night City every few days to drive around, explore and take photos.

I am glad you still come back to drive around the city. When you finished it, was you like. woohoo and dang it at the same time?

My plan was to grind so hard and long that the endgame (I am going for don't fear the reaper) will be relatively easy. After 150 hours my world is mostly empty now. :( Got all the Perks I want, Skippy set to always head kill, the weapons to legendary and managed to get the great and powerful 500% Crit Damage Satori Katana!

But I do not really want to end it all. I will save my game right before I get in the elevator and come back to that after the game end. But there is not anything really to do anymore except fight some street crime. And they are just way too easy to kill in seconds with my maxed out Character.

However I plan to do the end game this weekend. Then I guess wait for the DLC and the Quest mods in a year.

I am not really what I would call a "gamer". I am a virtual reality addict. I STILL have Fallout 4 on my PC and play that a few times a month ever since it first released YEARS ago. With the Procedural script type mods I made for myself (call it the Happy Scrapper) I live in that world gathering food and water and rebuilding cars made from the car parts I find exploring every nook and cranny of the wasteland. (All car parts randomly placed in the world by my mod).
It takes many dozens of various car parts to complete a car! So it can take me many RL weeks to do so.

And it is a THIS makes THAT system were I need say epoxy, steel Pipe, flange, and Welding gas just to make a muffler, which is one of a dozen parts needed to make the exhaust system and so on and so on!

Sadly Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout have spoiled me, I except my OPEN WORLD (virtual reality type) games to last 1000 hours now...

Last edited:

lynxir

Forum regular
glad to see im not the only one!

I am glad you still come back to drive around the city. When you finished it, was you like. woohoo and dang it at the same time?

More like... sad, confused and a little bitter honestly. The endings make you feel a lot of things and I started with probably the worst one of them. :ROFLMAO: I needed a break after that and then I was like "Dang it, I'll check out the other ones!".

Last edited:
More like... sad, confused and a little bitter honestly. The endings make you feel a lot of things and I started with probably the worst one of them. XD I needed a break after that and then I was like "Dang it, I'll check out the other ones!".
You went with the Devil the first time didn't you. That's what I did, and that's exactly how I felt. I needed to collect myself. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My plan was to grind so hard and long that the endgame (I am going for don't fear the reaper) will be relatively easy. After 150 hours my world is mostly empty now. :( Got all the Perks I want, Skippy set to always head kill, the weapons to legendary and managed to get the great and powerful 500% Crit Damage Satori Katana!

But I do not really want to end it all. I will save my game right before I get in the elevator and come back to that after the game end. But there is not anything really to do anymore except fight some street crime. And they are just way too easy to kill in seconds with my maxed out Character.

However I plan to do the end game this weekend. Then I guess wait for the DLC and the Quest mods in a year.

Sadly Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout have spoiled me, I except my games to last 1000 hours now...
Oh man, this weekend???? You sure you wanna, I mean... Like if you leave and finish, the city might become over run by the tiger claw gangs, or car jackings might go up. or delamain might get hacked and his ai needs reset.

I wish you well V, I hope you get to choose the ending you like the most. Hope to see you back in NC in the future.

More like... sad, confused and a little bitter honestly. The endings make you feel a lot of things and I started with probably the worst one of them. :ROFLMAO: I needed a break after that and then I was like "Dang it, I'll check out the other ones!".

oh man thats harsh to get the worst one first, lemme know down the line if you end up getting NC visit withdrawal syndrome lol.

You went with Arasaka the first time didn't you. That's what I did, and that's exactly how I felt. I needed to collect myself. :ROFLMAO:

What brought you to go for the ending instead of staying in night city or driving around the deserts to see if there is any hidden treasure?

Last edited:

Sadly Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout have spoiled me, I except my games to last 1000 hours now...

You should be able to easily do Don't Fear The Reaper! *fingers crossed* Also you don't have to save right before getting into the elevator, that's where your V will automatically reappear after playing one of the endings.

Oh man, this weekend???? You sure you wanna, I mean... Like if you leave and finish, the city might become over run by the tiger claw gangs, or car jackings might go up. or delamain might get hacked and his ai needs reset.

I wish you well V, I hope you get to choose the ending you like the most. Hope to see you back in NC in the future.

oh man thats harsh to get the worst one first, lemme know down the line if you end up getting NC visit withdrawal syndrome lol.

What brought you to go for the ending instead of staying in night city or driving around the deserts to see if there is any hidden treasure?

I think I already have slight withdrawal symptoms - have been pretty meh and a little cranky those last days. Maybe that's why I'm here - it's a bit like Cyberpunk group therapy!

Last edited:
You should be able to easily do Don't Fear The Reaper! *fingers crossed* Also you don't have to save right before getting into the elevator, that's where your V will automatically reappear after playing one of the endings.

thats actually good to know that, if I ever decide to go to the elevator lol. 3 steps to the elevator and my mouse stops working might be a sign of... i shouldnt take the ride and i should stay in night city.

Curiosity mostly. And I justified it with She's A Corpo so it seemed right that she'd be a little more willing to go that path. The more time that I've had to reflect on that ending, the more I actually like it in a weird way.
I mean, I'd prefer if V would just live, and she went into the soul prison, but the more distance I have from it, the more I like it. Nomad and Living Legend are still the better, more open endings but hey.

Is it normal for some people to want to stay in the game on not let V end it. If I never end it will I be able to progress into the new DLC's in the future?

I'm still on my first play-through as well, doing lots of exploring, reading lots of lore. Setting myself my own little challenges like trying to get as high up as I can for photos. Driving round the desert doing all the stuff there, and each time I deal with an incident, stealing one of the cars from there and using it to drive to the next one (there's a really big difference to the way vehicles drive in the desert).

I will want to do a second play-through, and almost certainly a third, but I'm in absolutely no hurry to finish my first.

vixen_megabuilding-8.jpg

I think part of it was how long we waited for the game. I purchased the game... what was it THREE years ago on steam? (DAAMMMMM Was it really 3 years?)

This game definitely needs more dynamic/random encounters. It needs an end game for the virtual reality tourists among us. I made a pretty simple suggestion for it here:

I rarely ever play end games, and often avoid much of the linear story, preferring immersive adventure in the open world with a consistent character hence why I enjoy totally non linear worlds like Entropia Universe. I have had Skyrim for many years, have well over 300 mods and have never 'finished' the game story and probably never will. I felt the same about Cyberpunk, and since the (SPOILERS... ) endings and their rather tragic moods and the 'no return' for the same player character I've actively decided, for the time being anyways, to avoid playing past Act One. In fact I have not even gone to meet Jackie for The Heist yet ( as I know how that will end for 'him' ) and I currently reject the notion of enduring the remaining storyline as a brain damaged, seizure-prone revived 'sleeve' for Keanu. ( yes, I watched Altered Carbon)

I've already heard many posters complain about the chip and it's debilitating interruptions to gameplay, and the incessant 'biatching' from Johnny, and both of them would irritate me. I don't like the 'new' story, I didn't enjoy knowing that V's life is pointless, or the RL fact that this version of the tale only exists because the suits sold out the original story vision to milk the celebrity $.

I'm sticking to my illusion that this is my 'open world cyberpunk adventure' and seeing what might develop from the game in the future. I don't hold out any hope of story re-writes of course, but maybe DLC will at least extend my longevity as regards game play variations, and new content. Right now I've found more than enough fun, adventure, exploring and visual wonder opening up the map using mods, and being a V fashionista, and learning to drive and ride plus the combat thrills.

Also, I rather think that instead of going into AfterLife and ordering a Jackie Wells on my own, in my game world the big 'choom' is always somewhere in digital space, a few pixel blocks away, sitting at the bar there, endlessly waiting for 'V', romancing the waitresses with tall tales and chugging on a beer.. It's my Night City version of the Search for Spock...what better option is that instead of just R.I.P.

Brilliant - living in a world frozen in time :)

The fundamental issue remains - eventually by doing enough open world content, side gigs and scanner missions your world will run out of activities and then all you're left with is a decent Mirror's Edge simulator with only main missions left as any kind of meaningful interaction with the game world.

It is strange that they knew it would take time to get the DLC out and yet they did not include SOME small ways to keep the game going Procedurally in some way more than just the gang crime in back allies. The mod I made for Fallout 4 (read my previous post in this thread about my Happy Scrapper mod) only required about 20 pages of scripting! But it results in many hundreds of hours of additional game play and fun existence in the game world.

One of the tricks to doing this successfully I believe is that you do not just gather 1000 "parts" to make a car. You must gather a particular dozen to make the sub part (say the muffler) than THAT is one of a dozen parts to make the major system (exhaust) and that is one of a dozen systems to make the car. So you are constantly being rewarded with COMPLETION trophies! The muffler, exhaust so on until you finally can build the car!

I have made many of these cars over the years in Fallout 4 and I am still not bored of the game. Not because I made such a great GRIND MOD but because I like having a great excuse to keep exploring in such an atmospheric game!

I wish they had required you to build this way for the mods instead of just 1000 generic color parts to make the silencer or other hacks.

Or how about simply using the games random person generator to make a constant flow of opponents? Imagine you step out to the street and RRRROOOOOOOMMMM a car races by with the cops after them! Or you go into a bank in the middle of a robbery, or there is gun fire in your next door neighbors apartment! All you need is a RND generate person, set into combat mode and there you go. Let the place they are randomly generated create the story for you.

Make the player need to pay rent and now you have a motivating force to get out of bed and do your mercenary/ bounty hunting job!

Last edited:
Top Bottom